Grimm Forum
Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” (/Thread-Uncomfortable-Truths-are-Exposed-in-%E2%80%9CThe-Son-Also-Rises%E2%80%9D)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-22-2017

I think the scoobies' method of forgiveness so far has been to accept the proposition that Eve is not Juliette, which enables everyone to avoid unpleasant conversations.

It always seemed odd to me that nobody ever voiced the idea that being turned into a hexenbiest had just unhinged Juliette to the point that she lost the ability to make rational decisions. Especially after Adalind so emphatically voiced her fear that the return of her own hexenbiest would change the way she thought and felt.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - irukandji - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 01:40 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: It's similar to Nick not saying ILY to Adalind. Both are implied but it hasn't been verbalized. Either both need to be verbalized or neither one does.

I think the issue here is that Nick told Juliette he loved her during their time together. Juliette reciprocated by telling him she loved him. I also think there were times when Juliette said she loved Nick first, and he reciprocated.

What's odd here is that Adalind told Nick she loved him. Nick said nothing, even though she has said she loved him several times as I recall.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - syscrash - 02-22-2017

When are people going to realize on this show wesen accept it is perfectly acceptable if you piss a wesen off they have the right to retaliate. How many times has Monroe said someone has deserved what happened. Even Kelly understood why Sean went after her sister.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - MarylikesGrimm - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 01:46 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Especially after Adalind so emphatically voiced her fear that the return of her own hexenbiest would change the way she thought and felt.

That is why I am wondering whether Kelly's pregnancy affected Adalind since that did not happen to her. IMO Kelly's fetus blood could not kill his mother's hexenbiest but could have suppressed it for the long term and G&K started changing Adalind's behavior in "Bad Luck".

(02-22-2017, 01:56 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 01:40 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: It's similar to Nick not saying ILY to Adalind. Both are implied but it hasn't been verbalized. Either both need to be verbalized or neither one does.

I think the issue here is that Nick told Juliette he loved her during their time together. Juliette reciprocated by telling him she loved him. I also think there were times when Juliette said she loved Nick first, and he reciprocated.

What's odd here is that Adalind told Nick she loved him. Nick said nothing, even though she has said she loved him several times as I recall.

In season 5, Nick said nothing. Nick now says something similar in response, "I go crazy without you". In Nick's mind, he was badly hurt at the end of his relationship with Juliette and he has been afraid of commitment. IMO Adalind would not wait a minute if Nick asked her to marry him so he does not want to over promise.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Hell Rell - 02-22-2017

There are people here who still don't believe Nick and Juliette were really in love with each other no matter how many times they said it. I think you've had similar thoughts about it but correct me if I'm mistaken. Requiring Nick to say ILY to Adalind when it wasn't taken as proof that he loved Juliette even when he did shouldn't make a difference on how his feelings for her are viewed if that's true.

Nick just told her that he thought he would go crazy without her. I'm not denying that it's odd and I do think the writers are saving it for later for some reason.

(02-22-2017, 01:56 PM)syscrash Wrote: When are people going to realize on this show wesen accept it is perfectly acceptable if you piss a wesen off they have the right to retaliate. How many times has Monroe said someone has deserved what happened. Even Kelly understood why Sean went after her sister.

I think that's looking at it in an abstract way. It's different when strangers who are wesen attack each other than when it's a close circle of friends. I still think there would be some level of betrayal being felt if this group were to attack one another.

You're making it seem like these people don't have years of history together. I find it hard to see Monroe and Rosalee looking the other way if Nick intentionally does something terrible to them and writing it off as him being a Grimm or Nick just saying that silly Blutbad or Fuchsbau if they did the same. Though, I admit that they might knowing this show.

Monroe has said that sometimes someone deserved what happened and that includes Juliette in a way. He didn't exactly cry over the news of Juliette dying despite knowing she was a Hexenbiest.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Hexenadler - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 12:37 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 12:13 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: A simple apology and her moving on (away) with her life will do for me.
At this point it's clear the gang has forgiven her. It just needs to be verbalized.

Maybe, but I'd love to know what the relatives of those dead neighbors would say to her. It looks like they've been conveniently "forgotten about."

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - irukandji - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 02:17 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: There are people here who still don't believe Nick and Juliette were really in love with each other no matter how many times they said it. I think you've had similar thoughts about it but correct me if I'm mistaken. Requiring Nick to say ILY to Adalind when it wasn't taken as proof that he loved Juliette even when he did shouldn't make a difference on how his feelings for her or viewed if that's true.

You're right. I believe I have voiced an opinion that Nick and Juliette didn't seem to be passionately in love. I do think they were very good friends.

That said, I would have to say, based on what I've seen on Nick's part, that he is not in love with Adalind. I see him acting no different with Adalind than he did with Juliette. Honestly, I can't fathom why he proposed to Juliette. He seemed to have no real desire for her.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Robyn - 02-22-2017

I was thinking about this the other day, and only recall Adalind saying it the night before Germany, and telling Wu to tell Nick. Bringing Wu into it might have been Adalind considering the possibility she might not see Nick again. Or it might just be wacky Adalind. Who knows.

The reason I was thinking about it is that Adalind hasn’t said it since returning to the loft. Happy to be back at the loft, but that’s about it. Maybe she’s decided the L word won’t come up again unless Nick brings it up.

(02-22-2017, 01:56 PM)syscrash Wrote: When are people going to realize on this show wesen accept it is perfectly acceptable if you piss a wesen off they have the right to retaliate. How many times has Monroe said someone has deserved what happened. Even Kelly understood why Sean went after her sister.

You first syscrash. This flies in the face of every reaction you and the characters have had about Adalind. The coma spell was retaliation for Nick killing her Hexenbiest. Taking Nick’s Grimm wasn’t retaliation, it was paying Viktor’s price to be with her daughter. But the characters considered it revenge, and I imagine you do too considering you thought Adalind should have protected Kelly from Viktor after she kidnapped her baby.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-22-2017

I suspect that Adalind may have been referring to hexenbiests' natural tendency to be manipulative, deceptive and generally not good people to be friends or family with, rather than just the general level of violence common in wesen. Because even other wesen don't want to associate with hexenbiests if they can avoid it.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - syscrash - 02-22-2017

Other wesen fear hexenbiest because they are the most deadliest wesen there is. Remember wesen live by one rule survival of the flightiest. That means piss a wesen off at your own peril. Think of it as the wesen community is no different then living as an animal in the jungle.