Grimm Forum
S6E07 - Blind Love - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E07 - Blind Love (/Thread-S6E07-Blind-Love)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - speakeasy - 02-18-2017

Excellent episode. Hank was perfection in his role, I laughed out loud the first time I saw his moves in the mirror and my granddaughter showed me how to pause and rerun the episode last night, so I laughed out loud a second time. He did a superb job with a part that could have come over as silly. Hank's the man.

I agree with FITC that we now have a proper explanation of why things went the way they did with Grimm Kelly's assassination. Diana simply wasn't aware of what was happening and her calling Kelly her other mother and saying she missed her confirms that Kelly loved the child, imo. Like some other posters, I do see something significant in the scene concerning Kelly and I think Diana's going to be very angry when she finds out what happened that night.

I thought Sean was a big snot in letting Diana stay with Grossante even though we could be almost guaranteed of her safety. Not fatherly behavior, in my book, but it was a demonstration that Diana can take care of herself and we probably needed to see it visually in anticipation of things to come. A conscience she aint got so far, dangerous.

The thing in the mirror is the big bad that's lurching toward Portland, I guess. It took a deliberate long look at Eve/Juliette (pretty soon I'm going to start calling her Juliette) and then a deliberate long look at Nick. Not good. I watched the previews of next week's episode and couldn't make out what she was saying about it, but it sounded something like '.....before it gets here'.

Renard is seen studying the drawings while waiting for the old SOS from Grossante and he'll probably figure things out next week. That's okay with me, I want him to be included in the inner circle as soon as can be. The view from his oversized bay window is stunning and I can't figure out where that would be; top of a hill overlooking Portland maybe.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - jsgrimm45 - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 06:51 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 06:27 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: One thing we might want to add here what did Kelly tell Diana about why she was with her and not her mother? She may have as best one can to child how much danger her real Mom and Dad were in if she had stayed with them and Diana may have felt safer with Kelly because she also sense the danger. I base this on the scene at Monroe house when she was upset and Kelly entering ended the problem. We know for fact a child can feel safer sometimes with one parent than the other, maybe I should just speak for myself here, at least in my case I know this for a fact.
The show established Diana was capable of thwarting attacks while in utero. So if Diana, the infant, made a conscious decision she was safer with Kelly, why did she willingly go with Juliette and Kenneth or get on the helicopter? For that matter, why did she allow Meisner to take her to a safe house rather than manipulate him into taking her to Adalind? She didn’t sense safety with Adalind at the end of S4, but sensed safety with Adalind at the BC house in S5?

If Diana has the ability to sense the thoughts/feelings of others, why didn’t she tell mommy that Daddy gave her to Kelly to keep her safe and she shouldn’t be angry at him for sending her away?

js, I don’t think Diana’s erratic behavior has anything to do with the character’s motivation, it’s all about what the current story requires, as it is with all the characters. If the story required Diana to be with Renard instead of Nick and Juliette, Diana would be written as successfully obstructing Adalind’s effort to take her to the loft. If the story required Adalind to be with Renard instead of Nick, Adalind would be written as putting her daughter’s needs first, or that Renard had a way to force Adalind's compliance - depending on how the show planned the Adalind/Renard relationship to proceed.
Ever series is written to make the storyline work not just Grimm. That is why the forum is so much fun because we debate these questions. Now the reason Diana went with Juliette and Kenneth is easy the actress playing Kelly wanted out of the series so that is how they did it. What we don't know is how they would have written the series if she had stayed, we also don't know how much rewrite they had to do, maybe that is why the created the hexenbiest Juliette. So Mary leaving the series changed the complete series from what was planned to now.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - brandon - 02-18-2017

funny.At least the waiter did not know it was a "GRIMM".
What wesen it was? funny kiss of Eve a Nick.and Adalind and Monroe.
Very good cook Diana.Kelly will have taught you? and the other couple too.
I think that question to Eva on her stomach,It's because she's a girl.
They do not know where the feelings come from, they get confused and also interpret it in their own way-children-
When was in the house of HW there were only hexenbiest drawings.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - jsgrimm45 - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 07:38 AM)brandon Wrote: funny.At least the waiter did not know it was a "GRIMM".
What wesen it was? funny kiss of Eve a Nick.and Adalind and Monroe
Like you I could catch the name of the wesen. Did someone? Don't remember see that one before.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - speakeasy - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 07:38 AM)brandon Wrote: funny.At least the waiter did not know it was a "GRIMM".
What wesen it was? funny kiss of Eve a Nick.and Adalind and Monroe

A Cupido or something associated with Cupid. But it's spitting in the champagne was a gross feature of this particular wesen, too much information, haha!

I kinda liked the Eve and Nick kiss, looked natural and loving to me. But I'm not at all saying they should get back together, far, far too late for that.

Adalin kinda smashed Monroe's face with that smacker.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - brandon - 02-18-2017

I liked his expression of fright when Eve kissed him.And when he saw that in the mirror-Maybe it was because he was "GRIMM" that he could see.
They think that Nick is going to have telekinetic power?In instagram he had a pose with his hand in the position as Diana-Or it would be a joke-
Maybe it could be because touch it Diana.Or for having become "Sean".Like when blind man fly.
In that he could be different from the others "GRIMM".His mother and his aunt were under the training of their father,from young.
This wesen very similar to the blue mutant "X".that can be transported anywhere.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - Robyn - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 07:01 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Ever series is written to make the storyline work not just Grimm. That is why the forum is so much fun because we debate these questions. Now the reason Diana went with Juliette and Kenneth is easy the actress playing Kelly wanted out of the series so that is how they did it. What we don't know is how they would have written the series if she had stayed, we also don't know how much rewrite they had to do, maybe that is why the created the hexenbiest Juliette. So Mary leaving the series changed the complete series from what was planned to now.
Yes, every show’s stories are written in a format that progresses to the intended ending. But not every show uses it’s characters as props and plot twists. And not every show sacrifices character continuity and development for the sake of cool action scenes.

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio’s exit only required getting Diana back to Portland/back into the story, and provided an avenue for some extreme Nick angst. Juliette had already displayed capabilities beyond anything we’d seen from Adalind. If not, Adalind’s fear of Juliette wouldn’t be justified - even pregnant, she’d be able to effectively attack and neutralize Juliette from a safe distance. Diana could have resisted and Juliette could have sufficiently overpowered her long enough to get her to the King and keep her there.

Case in point - G&K realized Nick had become too comfortable with Adalind and changed his attitude toward her without reason or explanation. If the character was important, they wouldn’t sacrifice him to simply change the direction of a relationship.

Instead, they might have had Nick explain in his morning after conversation with Monroe that he had allowed things to escalate between him and Adalind, and having sex only made things worse. Adalind brought up the L word, and whether or not she was being honest, he doesn’t feel that way about her, and doubts he ever could. Then follow up with Nick having an honest and heartfelt conversation with Adalind when he returns from Germany. The direction & pace of the relationship has effectively changed, and instead of Nick looking like a cad, he looks like a guy desperately trying to manage an emotional and difficult situation.

That Nick would not tell Adalind about the stick simply because he doesn’t consider her a part of his circle makes perfect sense. That Nick suddenly distrusted Adalind without reason or explanation doesn’t. The distrust issue could have come into play when he found out the suppressant had worn off and Adalind didn’t tell him. And been compounded when Adalind admitted she’d been talking to Renard about Diana instead of Nick completely ignoring the information.

There’s a dozen ways from Sunday to progress a story, not all them include using characters as props.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - eric - 02-18-2017

My experience with children is that they love knowing a secret, so much so they blab it to everyone! Diana seems to understand a secret is to be kept but want's to brag "I know a secret" to the person who isn't supposed to know about it. She said those symbols were in "the tunnel" but wouldn't say where the tunnel was-she probably understood that was the part she couldn't reveal. Renard knew not to press too hard or she would clam up and maybe tell mommy that daddy knew. I will say he did approach the kidnapping with the right attitude. Once he knew Diana wasn't injured in the house, he tried to reason with the Lt that returning her was a good idea. Don't want to listen, okay have fun.Big Grin

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - irukandji - 02-18-2017

I am beginning to believe that it's Eve, and not Diana, who is the catalyst for whatever this prophecy is.

(02-18-2017, 12:55 AM)izzy Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 08:27 PM)Robyn Wrote: To me, Diana asking if Juliette’s stomach hurt because she wasn’t with Nick anymore

Given this show, it is likely she is pregnant with Meisner's love child.

When Diana and Eve were talking about stomachs that hurt, the first thing I thought of was pregnancy. Never considered Meisner though or that Eve the hexenbiest would let a man near her. But they were sharing a plate of food or gruel, some such nonsense and there was an intimacy with the two of them.

We saw Meisner daydreaming about Adalind. Was that just a red herring and he really wanted Eve?

Interesting, very interesting.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - MarylikesGrimm - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 08:08 AM)Robyn Wrote: Instead, they might have had Nick explain in his morning after conversation with Monroe that he had allowed things to escalate between him and Adalind, and having sex only made things worse. Adalind brought up the L word, and whether or not she was being honest, he doesn’t feel that way about her, and doubts he ever could. Then follow up with Nick having an honest and heartfelt conversation with Adalind when he returns from Germany. The direction & pace of the relationship has effectively changed, and instead of Nick looking like a cad, he looks like a guy desperately trying to manage an emotional and difficult situation.

In season 5, when Adalind left him the note says at the end 'And I don't expect you to believe this, but I love you ' which IMO confirms that Nick was ignoring Adalind comments about her loving Nick.