Grimm Forum
S6E07 - Blind Love - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E07 - Blind Love (/Thread-S6E07-Blind-Love)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - Hexenadler - 02-26-2017

I'm still wondering about the waitress who saw not one, but two Wesen woge in the same moment. Are we left to assume she simply flipped out and spent the rest of her life in a psychiatric hospital?

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - brandon - 02-26-2017

(02-25-2017, 08:53 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Diana is a kid who is still native while Eve experienced killing machine. Diana could be pulled through and it is possible Sean or Adalind will have to go after her.
There is nothing naive about Diana. She was killing before she was born. The pen in the guys eye without hesitation. When she killed Rachael she did it with ease.
Like she said. I said please just before she bounced grossante all over the room.
She killed the guy with the pen because the hurt them. Its how vibe responds to a threat

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - Kathryn Wooten - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 06:54 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: I'm still wondering about the waitress who saw not one, but two Wesen woge in the same moment. Are we left to assume she simply flipped out and spent the rest of her life in a psychiatric hospital?
I believe it...or she walking around looking at everyone as a wesen , scared to turn off the lights and if she saw Wu she would run the opposite direction and keep running

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-26-2017

She did faint the moment she saw it. Nick and Hank have had a pretty good run of success with telling people how their minds can play tricks on them when they're about to be murdered.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - Robyn - 02-27-2017

(02-25-2017, 08:31 PM)degrimm Wrote: i still undoubtedly dont know whether adalind knows about the special wand or not.
if not, with everything going on in eve's life right now, why hasn't adalind asked nick about how eve was still alive when clearly she felt eve was dying and adalind knew eve was never admitted to the hospital at the beginning of season 6, her strange illhealth in the tunnel, the drawings on the wall etc.

is it adalind being naive and ingenuous or she's just unconditionally in love.
Probably naïve and unconditionally in love combined with G&K directing their attention to the reformed core group. But Adalind’s disinterest and assuredness compared to the others has reached the level of what the….

Adalind accepting that Juliette, in the form of Eve, has returned to the fold and welcoming her to the loft makes sense. She wouldn’t expect to have a voice in either decision.

Adalind not questioning how and when Eve entered the tunnel doesn’t make sense. Either Nick told her off screen that he expanded the tunnel to an outside entrance or Adalind assumes Eve broke into the loft as she did in S5. It would be nice to know which.

Adalind not freaking out over Diana drawing the same symbols Eve is drawing on the tunnel walls makes even less sense. And there’s not an off screen conversation to explain her lack of concern.

I don’t think Nick has told Adalind about the stick or any events connected to it’s use. When Nick woke up from the nightmare, I got the impression he was drawn to the tunnel because of the stick, not because he ‘heard’ something. Nick redirected the conversation to his emotional response to Adalind leaving with Kelly when she innocently brought up his bloody confrontation with Bonaparte and Renard.

I’m still wondering if G&K might be setting the stage for Adalind to be the one who betrays Nick. Once she’s confronted with indisputable evidence that Nick and the others have purposely concealed information that puts Diana at risk, Adalind may panic and turn to Renard to help protect her daughter. I don’t think Adalind will actually work against Nick, as in try to harm him, but depending on how far she’s willing to go to protect Diana, Nick and the others might consider it betrayal.

It’s just as likely Adalind will never have an expected mother-protecting-her-child reaction and simply trust Nick despite contradicting evidence. Who knows what G&K will do. Tongue

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - rpmaluki - 02-27-2017

I think if they wanted Adalind to be the one to betray Nick, they would do more in terms of making Adalind suspicious of Nick, his secrets (like S1 Juliette) and the need for Juliette to stay at the loft longer that that day they discovered. She should have been annoyed by their living arrangement. I'm not saying you're wrong in your assessment but based on how this show has typically dealt with secrets and betrayals within a relationship, Adalind's situation doesn't align. At a glance Adalind seems more and more like an after thought for the writers, only inserted in scenes when absolutely necessary or as a reminder to the viewers that she does in fact exist.

I do agree about her doing everything in her powers to protect Diana (and Kelly) but I don't see the writers taking it that far. I can see Nick at least try to save Diana for Adalind's sake before Adalind's betrayal of Nick.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - Robyn - 02-27-2017

I was thinking that G&K were taking the opposite approach to Nick arousing suspicion. Adalind is so trusting of Nick protecting her & the children from whatever may come that her lack of concern to key points of possible threats to Diana is ridiculously over the top. Despite Diana’s abilities, or maybe because of what Diana is, doesn’t it make more sense that Adalind would be frantic over learning what the symbols mean and why Diana is drawing them? It isn’t necessary for Nick to actually compromise Diana, it’s enough that Adalind thinks he might to cause conflict that leads to betrayal.

I agree that Adalind’s scenes in S6 aren’t necessary for the story, and more akin to the actor being used because she’s getting paid regardless. But that was also pretty much Adalind’s role in S5, popping up occasionally as a reminder she was still living with Nick.

The sad reality is that other than Nick having to work out childcare and his woe-is-me relationship issues, Adalind's S5 role wasn't sufficiently significant to change the overall story whether there or absent.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - Nicholas White - 02-27-2017

(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(02-25-2017, 08:31 PM)degrimm Wrote: i still undoubtedly dont know whether adalind knows about the special wand or not.
if not, with everything going on in eve's life right now, why hasn't adalind asked nick about how eve was still alive when clearly she felt eve was dying and adalind knew eve was never admitted to the hospital at the beginning of season 6, her strange illhealth in the tunnel, the drawings on the wall etc.

Probably naïve and unconditionally in love combined with G&K directing their attention to the reformed core group. But Adalind’s disinterest and assuredness compared to the others has reached the level of what the….

Not really Naive or unconditional love as the situation doesn't really concern her from her InUniverse point of view. We only know it does because we see events and hear things that she don't.

Our reactions and her reactions to the events are going to be different as we have more information to us than she does. We only know the cloth will concern Diana because the writers told us so, We seen spoilers and we heard the conversation Renard had with the Russian lady. Non of those things Adalind would know about especially not the first two. The fourth wall would need to broken for that to happen. This isn't deadpool.

(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote: Adalind accepting that Juliette, in the form of Eve, has returned to the fold and welcoming her to the loft makes sense. She wouldn’t expect to have a voice in either decision.

I actually beg to differ. I found it weird that Adalind would be accepting of Eve in any form. I wouldn't think she would want Eve around her kids for safety reasons. She didn't feel safe with Juilette around and I don't see her getting over that because Nick said it was okay. Not to mention she tried to kill her when she was pregnant. So I am pretty sure Adalind wouldn't won't Eve around her Kids and herself.

I also found it weird how Adalind brought into this whole Juilette is the new "Eve" thing. Adalind and Juilette weren't friends since season 2 and even then Adalind wasn't really Juilette's friend. By season 3 they hated each other. So I don't see Adalind trying to connect with "Eve" on any level as Adalind would only see "Eve" as the women who tried to kill her and played a part in Diana's kidnapping.

Adalind would have gained nothing trying to connect with Eve. Not to say Adalind should have disrespected or attacked "Eve" but I don't see her going out of her way to make "Eve" feel comfortable in anyway. I also found it weird that Adalind didn't discuss how she was uncomfortable about Eve just walking in the loft and threatening her.

(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote: Adalind not questioning how and when Eve entered the tunnel doesn’t make sense. Either Nick told her off screen that he expanded the tunnel to an outside entrance or Adalind assumes Eve broke into the loft as she did in S5. It would be nice to know which.

Pretty sure Adalind just thought Eve entered the tunnels from the front door when she wasn't home. Adalind would have already speculated how, her only question would have been why?

I found that it made alot of sense.

(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote: Adalind not freaking out over Diana drawing the same symbols Eve is drawing on the tunnel walls makes even less sense. And there’s not an off screen conversation to explain her lack of concern.

Diana saw the picture on the cloth and was asked to draw them by Nick and Adalind. Adalind wouldn't be freaking out about it as Everyone already confirmed they is writing on the cloth, it is just hard to see. Adalind already commented way before the cloth thing that Diana had extraordinary gifts. Seeing something that others find hard to see wouldn't really freak Adalind out.

Also Diana only drew what she saw on the cloth. She didn't draw anything that wasn't on the cloth. That isn't out of the ordinary for a kid to redraw what they saw. Diana didn't create those symbols she just redrew them. Also none of this seems to be affecting Diana from an Inuniverse point of view.

(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote: I don’t think Nick has told Adalind about the stick or any events connected to it’s use. When Nick woke up from the nightmare, I got the impression he was drawn to the tunnel because of the stick, not because he ‘heard’ something. Nick redirected the conversation to his emotional response to Adalind leaving with Kelly when she innocently brought up his bloody confrontation with Bonaparte and Renard.

Adalind knows about the Stick and cloth it is just that she has more important things to do like WORK and RAISE KIDS. So far the cloth hasn't posed any danger to her.

(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote: I’m still wondering if G&K might be setting the stage for Adalind to be the one who betrays Nick. Once she’s confronted with indisputable evidence that Nick and the others have purposely concealed information that puts Diana at risk, Adalind may panic and turn to Renard to help protect her daughter. I don’t think Adalind will actually work against Nick, as in try to harm him, but depending on how far she’s willing to go to protect Diana, Nick and the others might consider it betrayal.

It’s just as likely Adalind will never have an expected mother-protecting-her-child reaction and simply trust Nick despite contradicting evidence. Who knows what G&K will do. Tongue

I don't see Adalind betraying Nick. Also outside of the Spoilers, what the writers are telling us, there is nothing to indicate Diana has any connection to this.

The problem is alot of people are looking at this situation from a viewer stand point of view. The viewer stand point of view gives us Spoilers, Writers info, etc. If you look at from any Grimm characters point of view there would be no 2 and 2 to put together that Diana is connected to this at all. She didn't create the symbols, the box nor stick has no relationship to her, and she shows no signs of being affected by any of it. There is no real reason to think Diana is in any danger.

As far as Adalind's character getting less screentime I will agree it is a shame but Grimm has 8 Main characters currently. Majority of them are just there because their contracts says they have to have a certain amount of screen time. Most of them are replacable by people are things.

Monroe and Rosalee could leave the show without any ill effects as far as quality of writing is concerned. They could easily be replaced by books considering must of the time that is how they get their information anyway.

Wu and Hank could be replaced by any other officer or detective in the precinct without any effects to the quality of writing. Replacing them wouldn't hinder any storylines.

Adalind and Juilette can replace each other. Instead of Juilette being affected by the Stick you could have made Adalind affected by the stick. Instead of Nick being with Adalind he could be with Juilette. etc.

Nick could be replaced with Truble as the grimm of the show. I wouldn't like it but it would affect anything writing wise.

Point is from a writing point of view all characters on this show is replaceable with still keeping your current storyline intact.

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - degrimm - 02-27-2017

if juliette had left nick in season 2, do you think down the road nick would have ended up with adalind mayb like in season 5.

what would be the concensus or nick's perception if nick ended up with adalind and later met juliette with a regained memory

(02-27-2017, 08:02 AM)Nicholas White Wrote:
(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote:

Not really Naive or unconditional love as the situation doesn't really concern her from her InUniverse point of view. We only know it does because we see events and hear things that she don't.

Our reactions and her reactions to the events are going to be different as we have more information to us than she does. We only know the cloth will concern Diana because the writers told us so, We seen spoilers and we heard the conversation Renard had with the Russian lady. Non of those things Adalind would know about especially not the first two. The fourth wall would need to broken for that to happen. This isn't deadpool.

(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote: Adalind accepting that Juliette, in the form of Eve, has returned to the fold and welcoming her to the loft makes sense. She wouldn’t expect to have a voice in either decision.

I actually beg to differ. I found it weird that Adalind would be accepting of Eve in any form. I wouldn't think she would want Eve around her kids for safety reasons. She didn't feel safe with Juilette around and I don't see her getting over that because Nick said it was okay. Not to mention she tried to kill her when she was pregnant. So I am pretty sure Adalind wouldn't won't Eve around her Kids and herself.

I also found it weird how Adalind brought into this whole Juilette is the new "Eve" thing. Adalind and Juilette weren't friends since season 2 and even then Adalind wasn't really Juilette's friend. By season 3 they hated each other. So I don't see Adalind trying to connect with "Eve" on any level as Adalind would only see "Eve" as the women who tried to kill her and played a part in Diana's kidnapping.

Adalind would have gained nothing trying to connect with Eve. Not to say Adalind should have disrespected or attacked "Eve" but I don't see her going out of her way to make "Eve" feel comfortable in anyway. I also found it weird that Adalind didn't discuss how she was uncomfortable about Eve just walking in the loft and threatening her.

(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote: Adalind not questioning how and when Eve entered the tunnel doesn’t make sense. Either Nick told her off screen that he expanded the tunnel to an outside entrance or Adalind assumes Eve broke into the loft as she did in S5. It would be nice to know which.

Pretty sure Adalind just thought Eve entered the tunnels from the front door when she wasn't home. Adalind would have already speculated how, her only question would have been why?

I found that it made alot of sense.

(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote: Adalind not freaking out over Diana drawing the same symbols Eve is drawing on the tunnel walls makes even less sense. And there’s not an off screen conversation to explain her lack of concern.

Diana saw the picture on the cloth and was asked to draw them by Nick and Adalind. Adalind wouldn't be freaking out about it as Everyone already confirmed they is writing on the cloth, it is just hard to see. Adalind already commented way before the cloth thing that Diana had extraordinary gifts. Seeing something that others find hard to see wouldn't really freak Adalind out.

Also Diana only drew what she saw on the cloth. She didn't draw anything that wasn't on the cloth. That isn't out of the ordinary for a kid to redraw what they saw. Diana didn't create those symbols she just redrew them. Also none of this seems to be affecting Diana from an Inuniverse point of view.

(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote: I don’t think Nick has told Adalind about the stick or any events connected to it’s use. When Nick woke up from the nightmare, I got the impression he was drawn to the tunnel because of the stick, not because he ‘heard’ something. Nick redirected the conversation to his emotional response to Adalind leaving with Kelly when she innocently brought up his bloody confrontation with Bonaparte and Renard.

Adalind knows about the Stick and cloth it is just that she has more important things to do like WORK and RAISE KIDS. So far the cloth hasn't posed any danger to her.

(02-27-2017, 06:08 AM)Robyn Wrote: I’m still wondering if G&K might be setting the stage for Adalind to be the one who betrays Nick. Once she’s confronted with indisputable evidence that Nick and the others have purposely concealed information that puts Diana at risk, Adalind may panic and turn to Renard to help protect her daughter. I don’t think Adalind will actually work against Nick, as in try to harm him, but depending on how far she’s willing to go to protect Diana, Nick and the others might consider it betrayal.

I don't see Adalind betraying Nick. Also outside of the Spoilers, what the writers are telling us, there is nothing to indicate Diana has any connection to this.

The problem is alot of people are looking at this situation from a viewer stand point of view. The viewer stand point of view gives us Spoilers, Writers info, etc. If you look at from any Grimm characters point of view there would be no 2 and 2 to put together that Diana is connected to this at all. She didn't create the symbols, the box nor stick has no relationship to her, and she shows no signs of being affected by any of it. There is no real reason to think Diana is in any danger.

As far as Adalind's character getting less screentime I will agree it is a shame but Grimm has 8 Main characters currently. Majority of them are just there because their contracts says they have to have a certain amount of screen time. Most of them are replacable by people are things.

Monroe and Rosalee could leave the show without any ill effects as far as quality of writing is concerned. They could easily be replaced by books considering must of the time that is how they get their information anyway.

Wu and Hank could be replaced by any other officer or detective in the precinct without any effects to the quality of writing. Replacing them wouldn't hinder any storylines.

Adalind and Juilette can replace each other. Instead of Juilette being affected by the Stick you could have made Adalind affected by the stick. Instead of Nick being with Adalind he could be with Juilette. etc.

Nick could be replaced with Truble as the grimm of the show. I wouldn't like it but it would affect anything writing wise.

Point is from a writing point of view all characters on this show is replaceable with still keeping your current storyline intact.

you are right, the writers and producers hold the key to who they want and can replace or the direction of the show but to a large extent, prediction and assumption makes a large deal to a show.

that is the whole point of all tvshows; that is what creates the suspense and the viewer's reaction and perception. that's why there are forums like this.

characters are put in place for viewers to be able to get into their mindset, connect with the show and try to decipher/profile what and who he/she is and what he/she might or might not do.
i dont think a tvshow would ve a future if it didn't ve those basic ingredients

RE: S6E07 - Blind Love - Nicholas White - 02-27-2017

(02-27-2017, 08:07 AM)degrimm Wrote: if juliette had left nick in season 2, do you think down the road nick would have ended up with adalind mayb like in season 5.

what would be the concensus or nick's perception if nick ended up with adalind and later met juliette with a regained memory

you are right, the writers and producers hold the key to who they want and can replace or the direction of the show but to a large extent, prediction and assumption makes a large deal to a show.

that is the whole point of all tvshows; that is what creates the suspense and the viewer's reaction and perception. that's why there are forums like this.

characters are put in place for viewers to be able to get into their mindset, connect with the show and try to decipher/profile what and who he/she is and what he/she might or might not do.
i dont think a tvshow would ve a future if it didn't ve those basic ingredients

If writers wrote it that way than sure Nick and Adalind would have ended up together. I could see that. If Juilette and Nick broke up in season 2 and Kelly stayed on the show than Kelly would have brought Adalind and Diana to portland to live with Nick. Some type of connection would have formed between the two.

Assumptions and prediction is a large part of the Fandoms rather than the show itself. The writers already know what is going to happen.