Grimm Forum
Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? (/Thread-Conrad-Bonaparte-read-Adalind-s-future)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - MarylikesGrimm - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 11:13 AM)Robyn Wrote: Dark and creepy. I like it.

This suggests Diana was originally predisposed to evil, and Bonaparte had a way of knowing she had been swayed to the good side, so he manipulated the situation to change her back to evil mode. Do you think Bonaparte was able to manipulate Diana’s thoughts into obsessing over Adalind & Renard as her parents? Perhaps he underestimated Diana’s ability to hurt/kill him because of this obsession.

I think the prophecy had to do with Diana and Grimms. Conard Bonaparte wanted Adalind to be not with "the Grimm" as much he wanted Renard with Adalind. In Blind Love, I think Conard Bonaparte's son will try to get Nick to fall in love with another so Adalind will leave Nick. Eve will see Conard Bonaparte's ghost and he may give a warning for both wesen and Grimms and tells Eve how to remove the ring and tells her what his son is trying do. That my best guess.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - brandon - 01-29-2017

I think he could not read minds. His was to be able to perceive people's fears, to suggest oneself- such as hypnotism

(01-29-2017, 01:34 PM)brandon Wrote: I think he could not read minds. His was to be able to perceive people's fears, to suggest oneself- such as hypnotism

It is possible that he could make a potion to read minds or prophecies. At the mansion, BC was preparing all the food in season 5.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Robyn - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 01:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I think the prophecy had to do with Diana and Grimms. Conard Bonaparte wanted Adalind to be not with "the Grimm" as much he wanted Renard with Adalind. In Blind Love, I think Conard Bonaparte's son will try to get Nick to fall in love with another so Adalind will leave Nick. Eve will see Conard Bonaparte's ghost and he may give a warning for both wesen and Grimms and tells Eve how to remove the ring and tells her what his son is trying do. That my best guess.
Do you mean Grimms in general, or Nick specifically?

Because a prophecy about Diana and Nick requires everything that happened from the pilot episode be preordained. If that’s the case, Adalind’s actions were never about her being an evil Hexenbiest, but rather, fate creating events that resulted in Adalind’s pregnancy and Diana being enhanced by ritual. Did fate also create events that brought Nick & Adalind together, or is that along with their son, the result of Kelly’s interference?

Are you suggesting Bonaparte is going to help Nick/Team Grimm? If so, why would he do that? I could be wrong, I often get speculation confused with episode spoilers, but I thought Blind Love was a Wesen of the week story.

(01-29-2017, 02:05 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 01:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I think the prophecy had to do with Diana and Grimms. Conard Bonaparte wanted Adalind to be not with "the Grimm" as much he wanted Renard with Adalind. In Blind Love, I think Conard Bonaparte's son will try to get Nick to fall in love with another so Adalind will leave Nick. Eve will see Conard Bonaparte's ghost and he may give a warning for both wesen and Grimms and tells Eve how to remove the ring and tells her what his son is trying do. That my best guess.
Do you mean Grimms in general, or Nick specifically?

I agree with other posters that Conard somehow knew if Adalind stayed with Nick Diana would not be ally of BC and they would lose.

Because a prophecy about Diana and Nick requires everything that happened from the pilot episode be preordained. If that’s the case, Adalind’s actions were never about her being an evil Hexenbiest, but rather, fate creating events that resulted in Adalind’s pregnancy and Diana being enhanced by ritual. Did fate also create events that brought Nick & Adalind together, or is that along with their son, the result of Kelly’s interference?

Are you suggesting Bonaparte is going to help Nick/Team Grimm? If so, why would he do that? I could be wrong, I often get speculation confused with episode spoilers, but I thought Blind Love was a Wesen of the week story.

Blind Love is based on a Shakespeare comedy. I am guessing Mid Summer dreams. I am guessing Bonaparte' son is like Puck and he is trying to get NIck to marry someone other than Adalind so Adalind will go back to Renard. Eve sees Bonaparte's ghost gives a warning about a danger coming from the underworld that threatens both grimms and wesen.

I agree with other posters that Conard somehow knew if Adalind stayed with Nick Diana would not be ally of BC and they would lose.

"GRIMM" "BLIND LOVE"

02/17/2017 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Friday) : "LOVE" IS IN THE AIR ON MONROE'S BIRTHDAY WEEKEND GETAWAY - Rosalee (Bree Turner) surprises Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) with a getaway for his birthday and invites most of the gang to join them. Things take a shocking turn when a hotel employee targets Nick (David Giuntoli) in an effort to avenge his father. Meanwhile, Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) gets a visit from a dark force that she has seen before. Elsewhere, Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz) spends the weekend with Diana (guest star Hannah R. Loyd) when a former ally decides to get even. Russell Hornsby, Reggie Lee and Claire Coffee also star.

(01-29-2017, 02:11 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Blind Love is based on a Shakespeare comedy. I am guessing Mid Summer dreams. I am guessing Bonaparte' son is like Puck and he is trying to get NIck to marry some other than Adalind so Adalind will go back to Renard. Eve sees Bonaparte's ghost gets warning.
Okay, assuming that the character after Nick is Bonaparte's son, why is Bonaparte helping Nick? Or did I misinterpret your original comment? How is this tied to a prophesy about Diana & Grimms or Diana & Nick?

(01-29-2017, 02:17 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 02:11 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Blind Love is based on a Shakespeare comedy. I am guessing Mid Summer dreams. I am guessing Bonaparte' son is like Puck and he is trying to get NIck to marry some other than Adalind so Adalind will go back to Renard. Eve sees Bonaparte's ghost gets warning.
Okay, assuming that the character after Nick is Bonaparte's son, why is Bonaparte helping Nick? Or did I misinterpret your original comment? How is this tied to a prophesy about Diana & Grimms or Diana & Nick?

His son would try to give him a love potion so Nick would marry a random women at the resort. That way Adalind would turn against the scooby gang. Killing Nick may not turn Adalind.

(01-29-2017, 02:21 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: His son would try to give him a love potion so Nick would marry a random women at the resort. That way Adalind would turn against the scooby gang. Killing Nick may not turn Adalind.
Okay, Bonaparte's son wants Adalind loyal to Renard. Two-part question: Why would Bonaparte help Nick, and how is any of this episode tied to a prophesy?

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-29-2017

If it is Bonaparte's son and he wants revenge on Nick, why wouldn't he just kill him?

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - irukandji - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 11:13 AM)Robyn Wrote: This suggests Diana was originally predisposed to evil, and Bonaparte had a way of knowing she had been swayed to the good side, so he manipulated the situation to change her back to evil mode. Do you think Bonaparte was able to manipulate Diana’s thoughts into obsessing over Adalind & Renard as her parents? Perhaps he underestimated Diana’s ability to hurt/kill him because of this obsession.

The way this was phrased made me think of the recent El Cuegle episode. Those wesen truly believed children were predisposed to evil and so made it their mission in life to rid the world of said children. If I recall correctly from posts on the forum, Diana killed before she was even born. How would the El Cuegle have viewed her do you think? Would she have deserved death? On the other side of the fence, Kelly seemed to think an infant like Diana could be a tool for good or for evil. Was she wrong in her assumptions?

I'm not of the belief that Bonaparte could read minds. However, I have been wondering if he could manipulate events to a predicted outcome and work from there. For example, take Rachel. My memory is faulty here, but I don't recall anything so overtly obvious from Rachel that would lead Diana to murder her. Diana has never reacted to a direct threat, but it's apparent she felt Rachel was some kind of a threat to her parents and so, murdered her. Could Bonaparte have orchestrated the whole thing as a test for Diana and a way to get her obsessing over Renard and Adalind as her parents? This is just total speculation on my part.

But then there's the other side of the coin. Adalind and the kids are off to Nick's and it's obvious the situation is a tense one. But Adalind takes Diana and explains the situation to her. I still think Diana didn't like Nick and probably never will. But she left him alive because she didn't see him as a threat, but as Kelly's father and a part of her mother's life.

In my opinion, that is a sign of growth, and it's a good sign.