Grimm Forum
Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? (/Thread-Conrad-Bonaparte-read-Adalind-s-future)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - rpmaluki - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 02:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: Neither had anything to do with the other.
Exactly. Just as people can marry with the symbol of a ring on their finger.

Conrad already knew she was in love with a Grimm. He couldn't make her love Sean, the ring wasn't about her and Sean getting to live the fairy tale, even if it would seem that way to the public. The ring was a guarantee that she would do as told or her children would suffer the consequences. She would be a princess IF she married Sean but that's unlikely because she's with Nick and mirror monster pending, could remain with him if he succeeds in killing it. But the ring is a different matter altogether because it ties directly to her children's well being, according to Conrad's words. She's already defied the "princess" thing because there wasn't anything he said to her about needing to be that "or else". He simply said the ring stays on "or else". Whether you see that as a prediction is up to you, Adalind sees it as a spell meant to harm her children, hence she's kept it on.

(03-12-2017, 02:39 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 02:28 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 01:57 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I think the reverse is true. Adalind expressed her fear that being a Hexenbiest again would change her back to the person she used to be, who she now feels was not a good person. She told Nick that Hexen and Zauberbiests are naturally drawn to power. As a couple, Adalind and Sean would just enable the worst aspects of each others' personalities.

With a Grimm and a Hexenbiest, each would at least have the potential to be able to recognize when the other was starting to go off the rails.
Sean and Adalind would bring out the worst in each other as we have seen. Just because they are of the same nature (deceptive, destructive and power hungry) doesn't make them well suited to sustain a long term relationship. Nick and Adalind as a grimm and hexenbiest are a novelty, true opposites, they can do more to maintain some semblance of a balanced, and even healthy relationship. The difference between the two is that the later are at least making a genuine go of trying to build a life together whereas the former didn't, even when they had the same opportunity when Diana was born.

I don't know about that. Can a healthy relationship really be born from rape? I mean neither Adalind or Nick has ever attempted to really address the terrible issues in their respective pasts. Instead they choose to simply ignore them.
in real life, no but on the show, they are attempting to have a healthy relationship. They haven't fully addressed Kelly's conception but they aren't ignorant of it either. They are doing more to make it work than Adalind and Sean did in the years of being on and off relationship that was very one sided for a very long time and one half used the other.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - irukandji - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 02:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: Neither had anything to do with the other.Exactly. Just as people can marry with the symbol of a ring on their finger.

Conrad already knew she was in love with a Grimm. He couldn't make her love Sean, the ring wasn't about her and Sean getting to live the fairy tale, even if it would seem that way to the public. The ring was a guarantee that she would do as told or her children would suffer the consequences. She would be a princess IF she married Sean but that's unlikely because she's with Nick and mirror monster pending, could remain with him if he succeeds in killing it. But the ring is a different matter altogether because it ties directly to her children's well being, according to Conrad's words. She's already defied the "princess" thing because there wasn't anything he said to her about needing to be that "or else". He simply said the ring stays on "or else". Whether you see that as a prediction is up to you, Adalind sees it as a spell meant to harm her children, hence she's kept it on.

(03-12-2017, 02:39 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 02:28 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 01:57 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I think the reverse is true. Adalind expressed her fear that being a Hexenbiest again would change her back to the person she used to be, who she now feels was not a good person. She told Nick that Hexen and Zauberbiests are naturally drawn to power. As a couple, Adalind and Sean would just enable the worst aspects of each others' personalities.

With a Grimm and a Hexenbiest, each would at least have the potential to be able to recognize when the other was starting to go off the rails.
Sean and Adalind would bring out the worst in each other as we have seen. Just because they are of the same nature (deceptive, destructive and power hungry) doesn't make them well suited to sustain a long term relationship. Nick and Adalind as a grimm and hexenbiest are a novelty, true opposites, they can do more to maintain some semblance of a balanced, and even healthy relationship. The difference between the two is that the later are at least making a genuine go of trying to build a life together whereas the former didn't, even when they had the same opportunity when Diana was born.

I don't know about that. Can a healthy relationship really be born from rape? I mean neither Adalind or Nick has ever attempted to really address the terrible issues in their respective pasts. Instead they choose to simply ignore them.
in real life, no but on the show, they are attempting to have a healthy relationship. They haven't fully addressed Kelly's conception but they aren't ignorant of it either. They are doing more to make it work than Adalind and Sean did in the years of being on and off relationship that was very one sided for a very long time and one half used the other.

Just looking at the fairytale ending. It's generally the prince who gets the princess, not the commoner.

This show has subverted many if not all fairytale tropes, it was what made season 1 such a blast. Adalind doesn't have to end up with the prince if she doesn't want to and we know for certain she doesn't want to.

(03-12-2017, 02:52 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: This show has subverted many if not all fairytale tropes, it was what made season 1 such a blast. Adalind doesn't have to end up with the prince if she doesn't want to and we know for certain she doesn't want to.

Do we? I have yet to hear her denying that she's not a princess.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 02:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: The only way I would agree to this statement is if Conrad had warned her not to refuse Sean or her children would be harmed. Conrad's statement referred to two different things. He said Sean will be Adalind's prince. He also said if she took the ring off, it would be extremely painful for her children. One was a warning, the other a prediction. Neither had anything to do with the other.

They were exactly the same thing. Sean would be Adalind's prince...or else. And Conrad didn't give a hoot whether Adalind refused Sean, as long as she didn't refuse him. Conrad was trying to be an empire builder, not a matchmaker.

Quote:Oddly enough, I haven't heard any arguments that Renard might be the one to find the solution to the cursed ring. It's all been about Nick.

The thought has occurred to me that since it's an engagement ring, maybe all they need is for Sean to take it off Adalind and the incantation to break the spell is, "the engagement's off, give me back my ring."

(03-12-2017, 02:55 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 02:52 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: This show has subverted many if not all fairytale tropes, it was what made season 1 such a blast. Adalind doesn't have to end up with the prince if she doesn't want to and we know for certain she doesn't want to.

Do we? I have yet to hear her denying that she's not a princess.
She never claimed to be one either so.....

And would she really be a princess when Sean doesn't even have a title? Even though Erik's mother had passed Frederick never lifted a finger to bring his son into the fold. No, instead Sean had to "work" his way back into the family and they even wanted to kill him for failing to do so. Frederick only welcomed Diana into the family as an actual princess with a title and everything (I imagine) because of his hexenbiest fetish. He was proud to have a granddaughter like her but not so much Sean. Conrad probably had no power to make Adalind a princess anymore than he could make Sean into a prince that could claim the throne of his father not without killing every living member of Frederick's line to clear the way for Sean and we know that never happened.

I don't think they're the same, but two different things. Conrad never threatened her with refusing Sean, and in point of fact, she has refused Sean. He wanted to sleep with her and she refused. If Conrad was threatening her with that, then she should be dead, regardless of taking off the ring or not.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-12-2017

Because Conrad didn't care if Adalind refused Sean out of sight of the public, as long as she kept her mouth shut, smiled and played her part in public. To him, they were all just pawns.

Adalind's out right living with Nick. If that isn't a public refusal, I don't know what is.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Hell Rell - 03-12-2017

Conrad most likely didn't care about how Sean and Adalind interacted indoors unless it threatened his plans for them. He was probably more concerned with what their relationship looked like to the outside world. Conrad just didn't want their relationship to be called out as the fraudulent union that it is. He could care less about them sleeping together because they already have a child.

Conrad didn't make any predictions. He made threats. Conrad was basically telling Adalind to play along so no harm would come to her children.

Adalind was materialistic but I never saw where she thought of herself as a princess. She doesn't have to deny it because she never claimed to be one. Besides, Adalind does not want to be with Sean so that automatically disqualifies him as the better option. Her feelings need to be taken into account.