Grimm Forum
Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? (/Thread-Conrad-Bonaparte-read-Adalind-s-future)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-03-2017

the tunnels they show people walking through aren't storm drains. They're supposed to be parts of Portland's Shanhai Tunnels. The drain channels in them would just be for water that collects in those tunnels. The "storm drain" is what was under the grate that splashed when they dropped something into it.

It's all BS for the show, though, because any part of Portland old enough to have a Shanghai Tunnel under it doesn't have an open storm drain tunnel. It'd be a buried pipe that wouldn't be big enough to put bodies into.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - New Guy - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 07:42 AM)izzy Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 06:55 AM)New Guy Wrote: I believe you have said Nick should resign as detective for his "faults." Renard also has faults, so shouldn't he also resign?

Just joining the fray...

Supposedly, in Grimm, Nick is the alleged hero of the series; Renard was from the get go cast as the baddie, and has gone through vacillations in magnitude of evil. Bad guys are allowed to bend the rules, they exist outside the normative curve of society defined by law and social custom (i.e. they are degenerates).

As the hero Nick is suppose to reinforce the rule of society, stand against chaos and degeneracy, but Nick doesn't. He may be portrayed at having some quasi-heroic qualities but clearly he really is only suited as heroic pawn to be played by someone with a greater scope of vision as Nick clearly lacks the ability to think strategically beyond the immediate problem.

In short, it makes little sense to expect the villain, Renard to "do the right thing", but the hero, even antiheroes are usually expected to see beyond mere expediency at some point, that is what elevates them ad allows the to be redeemed.

In Nick's case...who knows. He never seemed like a hero or particularity admirable character. In fact I can think of only one time in the series he scaled somewhat and considered the bigger picture.

Regards...
Hi Izzy,
Thanks for your comments.
Hypothetically, if Grimm was real Portland, you were an elected City Councilman and all of the activities of Renard's precinct were under investigation would you recommend Nick be fired? Would you have the DA present the evidence to a grand jury? What would you do about Renard?
Note that HW had installed surveillance in the precinct when they learned about Eric's death. Hank and Wu have been deposed and provided the DA formidable evidence. You have all the details.
The families that had loved ones die (Nick's neighbors, the three hookers, Northern Precinct, etc.) are calling for justice.
What do you tell the people who elected you?
N G

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Hell Rell - 02-03-2017

Is this debate about the loft alone? I don't see it as a problem and if even if it were I'm sure they would move if that were required. There's no reason to believe Nick and Adalind wouldn't move if it meant having custody of Diana. Nick sold his house that he had much longer than the loft after a brief conversation with Monroe. They're not going to refuse to move.

Although once again, I don't see any major problems with the loft. I don't know where Renard is moving but this isn't about Nick being the good guy and Renard being the bad guy. I didn't even take that into consideration when talking about their living arrangements. I would say the same thing if their living arrangements were reversed.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - irukandji - 02-03-2017

Actually the debate was questioning Diana's best interests and if Adalind was acting within her best interests by insisting she live at the fome.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - MarylikesGrimm - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 10:26 AM)irukandji Wrote: Actually the debate was questioning Diana's best interests and if Adalind was acting within her best interests by insisting she live at the fome.

Diana is living only part time at the fome. When Renard wants to see Diana, he will see her.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/El_Cuegle
Adalind and Kelly move back into the loft.
Diana begins living back and forth with Adalind in the loft and with Renard at his place.
Renard reveals that he is planning to move out of the mansion. - IMO, this is really good news!

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - brandon - 02-03-2017

To live well it is necessary to have a luxurious house? There are people who have a house like Nick. Style minimalist. And is not for that less happy.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-03-2017

The biggest issue with living at the fome is that it's no longer under the radar because Sean knows where it is now. Plus, in the end it really didn't turn out to be all that much as a fort. They would have been safer living in my old eighth floor apartment in City Center.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - MarylikesGrimm - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 11:33 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The biggest issue with living at the fome is that it's no longer under the radar because Sean knows where it is now. Plus, in the end it really didn't turn out to be all that much as a fort. They would have been safer living in my old eighth floor apartment in City Center.

If there were more shows Nick could have moved and NBC could have built a new set.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - irukandji - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 11:10 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 10:26 AM)irukandji Wrote: Actually the debate was questioning Diana's best interests and if Adalind was acting within her best interests by insisting she live at the fome.

Diana is living only part time at the fome. When Renard wants to see Diana, he will see her.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/El_Cuegle
Adalind and Kelly move back into the loft.
Diana begins living back and forth with Adalind in the loft and with Renard at his place.
Renard reveals that he is planning to move out of the mansion. - IMO, this is really good news!

I'm sure he'll at the very least provide a bedroom for Diana. He seems to be more clued in to her needs than her mother.

(02-03-2017, 11:28 AM)brandon Wrote: To live well it is necessary to have a luxurious house? There are people who have a house like Nick. Style minimalist. And is not for that less happy.

No one said it should be a luxurious house. It should, however, be adequate. It is not until Nick fixes it up to make it so.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - New Guy - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 11:28 AM)brandon Wrote: To live well it is necessary to have a luxurious house? There are people who have a house like Nick. Style minimalist. And is not for that less happy.
Hi Brandon,
I have a print of only one President, Abraham Lincoln, hanging on a wall in my home. I consider him the most able of them all. The United States of America would do well to remember his words:
Quote:A house divided against itself cannot stand.
The man who lead our nation through the most deadly conflict in our history was born in a one room cabin. He did not need luxury to achieve great accomplishments.
BTW, your post reminds me of another quote:
[Image: abraham-lincoln-quote-shepherd-insurance...120225.jpg]
N G