Grimm Forum
Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? (/Thread-Conrad-Bonaparte-read-Adalind-s-future)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - irukandji - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 09:04 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:My point wasn't about whether Diana lives in a humble abode versus an upscale dwelling. The point I was making is that Diana is being forced to live in a place that cannot accommodate her. Not only that, but she's being forced to make do in a place inhabited by a person who is a stranger to her, Nick. Add to that a very dangerous environment consisting of tunnels, inadequate lighting, and potentially unstable foundations.

If Renard were to petition the court for custody, I think he'd have a very good chance of winning, not only Diana, but Kelly as well. I think a judge would certainly question a mother's (and a father's) mental status in forcing their children to live improperly in a very dangerous place that cannot safely or adequately accommodate them.

obviously you never grew up poor or never knew anyone that was poor. The conditions in the loft are a lot better then a lot of places families live.

obviously you haven't either or you wouldn't make such an asinine comparison. If you would have read my post, you would have seen that I said nothing about anyone growing up poor.

(02-02-2017, 09:47 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: The paint factory is a nicer place than I lived when I was a year older than Diana. I would've loved to have all that open space. My mother, two brothers, and sister at the time slept in one room. My mother shared her bed with my sister and I shared a bed with my brothers. My father slept on the couch so I can see the point about Nick sleeping outside the room while Adalind has Diana and Kelly. I never had any real complaints and I don't think a lot of people would see anything wrong with Nick's living arrangements.

Let me ask a question here and no offense intended. I'm assuming your parents could not afford different living arrangements for you and your family. If they could have, would they have gotten a bigger house with rooms for everyone?

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - syscrash - 02-02-2017

Quote:The point I was making is that Diana is being forced to live in a place that cannot accommodate her. Not only that, but she's being forced to make do in a place inhabited by a person who is a stranger to her, Nick. Add to that a very dangerous environment consisting of tunnels, inadequate lighting, and potentially unstable foundations.
The above statement is what I was commenting on. The loft is much better then most of the projects I have stayed in. The loft does not have broken windows, peeling paint. It is a building constructed with a iron frame not a rotting wooden foundation.

As for Nick being a stranger. Nick is her brothers dad. Nick to Diana is not different then Kelly to Sean. Plus Adalind and Kelly have lived with Nick much longer then they have lived with SEan. If anyone is a stranger it would be Sean.

The loft does accommodate Diana she has a bed to sleep in. That is why I said your statement shows not understanding being poor. Most poor kids do not have their own room. If you are lucky you get a roll away bed. most times it is a mattress on the floor. When it is a single mother or father the adult take the couch and give the kid the room. But when it is two adults usually the adults take the room and the kids take the living room. Affording more the a one room place is hard.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-02-2017

Living quarters will never play a role in custody. If a court found the fome an unacceptable home for some reason, Nick and Adalind would be given time to move, and we can surmise that Nick chose the fome for what he believed was its better security and not because it was all he could afford after selling his $750,000+ home in Portland's high-priced Alberta District. Plus, they'd have about 25% of Sean's after-tax income in child support to help provide Diana with a better quality of life.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - syscrash - 02-02-2017

Their is nothing about he fome that the courts would not find acceptable. And no they do not consider custody based on one parent living in a mansion and one living in a warehouse. They will use that disparity to establish child support. In fact if one parent is living in a mansion and the other is living in a warehouse. The court would most likely give the parent with the mansion less custody because they would view that as having a lack of concern for their child. They would wonder why they did not provide a better place for the child to live. The only why the would not be considered is if the parent in the warehouse stated they refused the other parents help.

Courts are a lot more conscious of not letting a parent with money take advantage of the other parent. Like someone else pointed out Adalind being able to be more of a stay at home parent would have more access to custody then Sean who has a demanding position.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Hell Rell - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 09:51 PM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='syscrash' pid='43767' dateline='1486094675']

Let me ask a question here and no offense intended. I'm assuming your parents could not afford different living arrangements for you and your family. If they could have, would they have gotten a bigger house with rooms for everyone?

They probably would have especially considering I have a sister that was not yet born. I have heard them speak about how nice it would be for everyone to have their own room. It might be better but it doesn't make what we had not good and I don't think it would be looked at that way by many people even if they were hoarding cash as long as were taken care of and well-fed.

I'm assuming you score Renard having a bigger place as a point in his favor. The problem I see here is Nick and Adalind not being seen as unfit parents and having a decent place to live even if it isn't as nice as Renard's home. There's also the fact of Nick and Adalind being together and having Diana's brother living with them. That has the family unit point in their favor. They would be seen as well-equipped to take care of Diana and they could move if need be if it came to that although I'm not sure it would. I don't see how Diana living with them would be seen as a toxic environment and she already has plenty of access to her father.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - irukandji - 02-03-2017

(02-02-2017, 10:04 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote: The point I was making is that Diana is being forced to live in a place that cannot accommodate her. Not only that, but she's being forced to make do in a place inhabited by a person who is a stranger to her, Nick. Add to that a very dangerous environment consisting of tunnels, inadequate lighting, and potentially unstable foundations.
The above statement is what I was commenting on. The loft is much better then most of the projects I have stayed in. The loft does not have broken windows, peeling paint. It is a building constructed with a iron frame not a rotting wooden foundation.

And again, you completely missed the point of my comment. I wasn't comparing the fome to projects or to a mansion. I was saying that as it is, it cannot accommodate a young girl. As it is, it contains dangerous lower levels and foundation problems. For Nick, it's the perfect place. For children, not at all.

(02-02-2017, 10:04 PM)syscrash Wrote: As for Nick being a stranger. Nick is her brothers dad. Nick to Diana is not different then Kelly to Sean. Plus Adalind and Kelly have lived with Nick much longer then they have lived with SEan. If anyone is a stranger it would be Sean.

She knows Nick as "Kelly's daddy", not as Nick, not as Uncle Nick. He is a stranger to her.

(02-02-2017, 10:04 PM)syscrash Wrote: The loft does accommodate Diana she has a bed to sleep in. That is why I said your statement shows not understanding being poor. Most poor kids do not have their own room. If you are lucky you get a roll away bed. most times it is a mattress on the floor. When it is a single mother or father the adult take the couch and give the kid the room. But when it is two adults usually the adults take the room and the kids take the living room. Affording more the a one room place is hard.

Why do you keep bringing up the poor? No one who spends millions on a warehouse is a poor guy.

(02-02-2017, 10:13 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Living quarters will never play a role in custody. If a court found the fome an unacceptable home for some reason, Nick and Adalind would be given time to move, and we can surmise that Nick chose the fome for what he believed was its better security and not because it was all he could afford after selling his $750,000+ home in Portland's high-priced Alberta District. Plus, they'd have about 25% of Sean's after-tax income in child support to help provide Diana with a better quality of life.

I would disagree. If the fome were found unacceptable and Nick refused to fix it up or move, the children could be removed from their custody.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Robyn - 02-03-2017

Quote:IMO you are treating Nick to a different standard than Sean.
Nick and Renard are held to different standards because one is the ‘good guy’ and one is the ‘bad guy’. But that’s not the point. The discussion is about Adalind and her refusal to take responsibility for herself and her children, and now that she finally has Diana with her, she’s putting her needs as a woman before her responsibilities as a mother.

Quote:There will never be a custody hearing in any court over Diana. If there was, there would be a literal ping pong game of accusations…
I would never expect the show to devote screen time to an actual custody hearing, nor have the characters truthfully disclose who did what to whom. The discussion was about Adalind’s priorities and disregard for what Diana needs right now. And that realistically, the living arrangements at Nick’s provided Renard an opportunity to challenge Adalind.

Quote:obviously you never grew up poor or never knew anyone that was poor. The conditions in the loft are a lot better then a lot of places families live.
The discussion has never been about financial status. Nick certainly isn’t poor. He didn’t move Adalind and the children into the loft because that’s the only place he can afford. Nick wants to be in the loft with the nifty tunnel system underneath. The discussion was about Adalind’s disregard for what’s best for the children because living with Nick is her first priority.

Any argument can be made about the one bedroom loft accommodating four people to justify Adalind & the children living with Nick, the good guy instead of Renard, the bad guy. But there’s also an argument to be made that Adalind and the children shouldn't live with either right now. The reality is that Diana has lived a chaotic and volatile life since conception, and every adult presently in her life is shirking their responsibility for that violence and chaos. No one discussed the best way to proceed with any transition concerning Diana. Adalind and the children are at the loft because Nick and Renard bartered who got what to end their standoff.

(02-02-2017, 10:45 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I'm assuming you score Renard having a bigger place as a point in his favor. The problem I see here is Nick and Adalind not being seen as unfit parents and having a decent place to live even if it isn't as nice as Renard's home. There's also the fact of Nick and Adalind being together and having Diana's brother living with them. That has the family unit point in their favor. They would be seen as well-equipped to take care of Diana and they could move if need be if it came to that although I'm not sure it would. I don't see how Diana living with them would be seen as a toxic environment and she already has plenty of access to her father.

No that's not it at all. If Nick wanted to seal off the tunnels, weld the iron door shut, make sure there's no way into the dangerous tunnels from the outside, and remodel the fome so that it's got three bedrooms, I have no issue with him living there.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - syscrash - 02-03-2017

Quote:And again, you completely missed the point of my comment. I wasn't comparing the fome to projects or to a mansion. I was saying that as it is, it cannot accommodate a young girl. As it is, it contains dangerous lower levels and foundation problems. For Nick, it's the perfect place. For children, not at all.
Again you miss the point. Compared to where a lot of people live. The loft would be considered a palace. There where times when I would have loved to live in a place as nice as the loft. As for accommodations. She has a bed that is what social services requires. The building is a steel frame structure so it is impossible to have structural problems. The building has tunnels no difference then a basement. which is not considered a living area. As for as social services is concerned it would be perfectly acceptable. With the security system he installed it is hard to imaging the smoke and co2 detection are also not installed.

I bring up being poor because what you keep trying to say is not appropriate for a child. For many is a way of life. It is the living conditions that would be approved by social services. That Nick has funds and could afford other accommodations does detract from the acceptability of where he is staying.

Quote:She knows Nick as "Kelly's daddy", not as Nick, not as Uncle Nick. He is a stranger to her.
Your statement is unrealistic. The first night Diana stayed at the mansion everyone was a stranger. At Nicks she knows her mom.
Any time a single parent gets a mate that person is a stranger. Adalind was staying at Nicks. Once she had her daughter what would you suggest she should have done. Get her own place until Diana got to know Nick?

(02-03-2017, 06:10 AM)syscrash Wrote: Again you miss the point. Compared to where a lot of people live. The loft would be considered a palace. There where times when I would have loved to live in a place as nice as the loft. As for accommodations. She has a bed that is what social services requires. The building is a steel frame structure so it is impossible to have structural problems. The building has tunnels no difference then a basement. which is not considered a living area. As for as social services is concerned it would be perfectly acceptable. With the security system he installed it is hard to imaging the smoke and co2 detection are also not installed.

If the warehouse gets condemned for a crumbling and dangerous foundation, the children aren't going to be living there. If Nick and Adalind insist on them living there, the courts will intervene and take them away.

(02-03-2017, 06:10 AM)syscrash Wrote: I bring up being poor because what you keep trying to say is not appropriate for a child. For many is a way of life. It is the living conditions that would be approved by social services. That Nick has funds and could afford other accommodations does detract from the acceptability of where he is staying.

Nick isn't poor, don't you get that? That is why your argument has no merit.

Quote:She knows Nick as "Kelly's daddy", not as Nick, not as Uncle Nick. He is a stranger to her.

Your statement is unrealistic. The first night Diana stayed at the mansion everyone was a stranger. At Nicks she knows her mom.
Any time a single parent gets a mate that person is a stranger. Adalind was staying at Nicks. Once she had her daughter what would you suggest she should have done. Get her own place until Diana got to know Nick?

Yes, exactly. Adalind should get her own place and raise her children there. Exactly right!