Grimm Forum
Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? (/Thread-Conrad-Bonaparte-read-Adalind-s-future)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - irukandji - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 07:01 PM)Robyn Wrote: And it’s not so much about humble dwellings vs. nicer accommodations. Juliette breezing past the security features to threaten Adalind then BC storming the place with little effort confirms living at the loft doesn’t offer any genuine protection. And supposedly, that’s the only reason Nick chose the paint factory. If they’re still in dire need of the tunnel for safety reasons, Nick should consider the danger to Adalind and the children living there. Plus if left up to Nick, Adalind wouldn’t even know the tunnels were an escape route. So really, Adalind should have already told Nick they needed a house large enough to accommodate the four of them.

My point wasn't about whether Diana lives in a humble abode versus an upscale dwelling. The point I was making is that Diana is being forced to live in a place that cannot accommodate her. Not only that, but she's being forced to make do in a place inhabited by a person who is a stranger to her, Nick. Add to that a very dangerous environment consisting of tunnels, inadequate lighting, and potentially unstable foundations.

If Renard were to petition the court for custody, I think he'd have a very good chance of winning, not only Diana, but Kelly as well. I think a judge would certainly question a mother's (and a father's) mental status in forcing their children to live improperly in a very dangerous place that cannot safely or adequately accommodate them.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Robyn - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 07:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: My point wasn't about whether Diana lives in a humble abode versus an upscale dwelling. The point I was making is that Diana is being forced to live in a place that cannot accommodate her. Not only that, but she's being forced to make do in a place inhabited by a person who is a stranger to her, Nick. Add to that a very dangerous environment consisting of tunnels and potentially unstable foundations.

If Renard were to petition the court for custody, I think he'd have a very good chance of winning, not only Diana, but Kelly as well. I think a judge would certainly question a mother's (and a father's) mental status in forcing their children to live improperly in a very dangerous place that cannot safely accommodate them.
I must have mixed up the quote response. That comment was to Brandon. He responded that Diana would have to learn to live in a humble place to my earlier post that Renard could make a custody case over Adalind moving Diana into a one bedroom loft over a paint factory.

If Adalind is determined to move back in with Nick, she should at least be sharing the bedroom with Diana and Kelly, and Nick should use the bed in the common area. Or he can sleep in the tunnel with Juliette. Tongue

(02-02-2017, 07:06 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: There will never be a custody hearing in any court over Diana. If there was, there would be a literal ping pong game of accusations about who took Diana and who gave her away, how Sean had Diana in a house belonging to the same person he later named as the one responsible for a war with corrupt cops in the North Precinct, how the fight between Nick and Sean was actually over how Sean's friend threatened Adalind and her children in order to steal Nick's son, etc., etc.

There's no real evidence to support any of these things, of course, but the sheer number of accusations and counter accusations would gum up the court for far longer than the remaining number of episodes in the series.

It would most definitely gum up the episodes. On the other hand, maybe not. Sean already has a judge in his back pocket.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Kathryn Wooten - 02-02-2017

I find this so amusing...but with such precious few eppy left...I think the sharing arrangement will have to do... Now this does help Sean get info from Diana..without even asking...part of the plot..if we had 1 more year who knows. but with this epp we are down to 8 episodes left...I think if we had another year..Diana would be old enough to choose who she want to be with...and with her powers who is gonna stop her

(02-02-2017, 07:40 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 07:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: My point wasn't about whether Diana lives in a humble abode versus an upscale dwelling. The point I was making is that Diana is being forced to live in a place that cannot accommodate her. Not only that, but she's being forced to make do in a place inhabited by a person who is a stranger to her, Nick. Add to that a very dangerous environment consisting of tunnels and potentially unstable foundations.

If Renard were to petition the court for custody, I think he'd have a very good chance of winning, not only Diana, but Kelly as well. I think a judge would certainly question a mother's (and a father's) mental status in forcing their children to live improperly in a very dangerous place that cannot safely accommodate them.

I must have mixed up the quote response. That comment was to Brandon. He responded that Diana would have to learn to live in a humble place to my earlier post that Renard could make a custody case over Adalind moving Diana into a one bedroom loft over a paint factory.

So sorry about that. I was thinking about the warehouse and wondering why someone would even let their kids set a toe in such a dangerous place with rickety ladders and crumbling foundations. That got me thinking that Nick and Adalind must be crazy to think that's a good place to place their children. Hence my mental state comment.

(02-02-2017, 07:40 PM)Robyn Wrote: Nick should use the bed in the common area. Or he can sleep in the tunnel with Juliette. Tongue

Those tunnels.....creepy to say the least. However, next time I get up to Portland, I may have to talk to my brother about a tour of the better kept ones.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-02-2017

There aren't any better kept ones. In fact, the real ones don't look anywhere near as good as the TV versions.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - syscrash - 02-02-2017

Quote:My point wasn't about whether Diana lives in a humble abode versus an upscale dwelling. The point I was making is that Diana is being forced to live in a place that cannot accommodate her. Not only that, but she's being forced to make do in a place inhabited by a person who is a stranger to her, Nick. Add to that a very dangerous environment consisting of tunnels, inadequate lighting, and potentially unstable foundations.

If Renard were to petition the court for custody, I think he'd have a very good chance of winning, not only Diana, but Kelly as well. I think a judge would certainly question a mother's (and a father's) mental status in forcing their children to live improperly in a very dangerous place that cannot safely or adequately accommodate them.
obviously you never grew up poor or never knew anyone that was poor. The conditions in the loft are a lot better then a lot of places families live. If Sean took the case to court. Most likely they would award joint custody and Sean would end up paying child support. The courts no longer take a negative view to a mother living with their boy friend as long as their boy friend does not have a negative record. Beside Adalind is living with her son father. Plus Adalind's boy friend is a police detective. That would rate high on the acceptable scale. There is nothing about Adalind that would flag her as an unfit mother. The same with Sean you could not make a case that he is an unfit father. The problem the judge would have is when asked how much has Sean contributed to support his daughter. He could not provide proof of support. Because of that he would get limited custody.
The biggest problem is with Diana. They can not even prove she exist. She has no birth certificate.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-02-2017

Adalind's boyfriend is a police detective whose captain just hailed him - on live TV news - for his heroic work in rooting out dangerous terrorists and corrupt cops.

As long as Adalind doesn't go right back to work, she's a stay-at-home mom. Dad would be leaving his daughter in some kind of daycare or with a nanny for many hours of the day, since as a police captain he works a long and highly irregular schedule. And yes, Sean will be paying child support.

A birth certificate is a triviality, since a blood test will readily identify Diana's parents as US citizens. There will probably be some hefty fees and possibly some fines to pay for paperwork irregularities, but none of that will change Diana's legal status.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - syscrash - 02-02-2017

Quote:A birth certificate is a triviality, since a blood test will readily identify Diana's parents as US citizens. There will probably be some hefty fees and possibly some fines to pay, but none of that will change Diana's legal status.
Adalind and Sean trying to get a birth certificate for a 10 year old would get them in trouble. There are no records of her ever going to school or ever seeing a doctor. They can't say they where out of the country for 10 years because their employment records would say otherwise.
The biggest question that would arise is how would no one have heard of a child for ten years. Even if they got through that because they are filling for a ten year old there would be follow ups. what happens on the next follow up when Diana is now 16.

Her aging is the main reason why she can never become part of the system.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Hell Rell - 02-02-2017

The paint factory is a nicer place than I lived when I was a year older than Diana. I would've loved to have all that open space. My mother, two brothers, and sister at the time slept in one room. My mother shared her bed with my sister and I shared a bed with my brothers. My father slept on the couch so I can see the point about Nick sleeping outside the room while Adalind has Diana and Kelly. I never had any real complaints and I don't think a lot of people would see anything wrong with Nick's living arrangements.

Renard getting custody would be extremely tough. Nick was just declared a hero as well so he wouldn't be seen as any more a problem than Renard. Nick and Adalind aren't even living in poverty. They could provide very well for both children so I don't see a reasonable reason a court would see them as unfit parents.