Grimm Forum
Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt (/Thread-Nicholas-Nick-Burkhardt)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - irukandji - 12-10-2016

Quote:New Guy wrote:
"Hi Iruk,
You said:
Monroe and Rosalee-Nick had them aid him in the kidnapping of Diana"had them" as in made the. He did not. They wanted to help. In fact Monroe was pleased at how well he spoke German."

Hi New Guy-
Wanting to help is not the same as participating. Nick had them help in the kidnapping. But aside from that, don't you think that's pushing it for a law enforcement officer to enlist his friends in aiding him in a kidnapping? Shouldn't Nick put their well being first?

"You also said:
Adalind - He kidnapped Diana from her.
That was Renard acting alone. From 3.18 synopsis:
When Adalind arrives to the interview room, she is surprised to find Kelly there too. Adalind asks what she is doing there, and Kelly says she wanted to talk to her because, at the very least, she owes her an explanation. Kelly tells Adalind that she was looking for her the day Catherine died because of what she did to Juliette. ("Woman in Black") ("The Kiss") Kelly says that Catherine wouldn't say anything, so she had to make her because her other choice was to let Juliette die. While they are talking, Renard leaves the precinct with Diana. In the interview room, Adalind says she was angry at Nick because he took her powers. ("Love Sick") Adalind asks why they are having this conversation, and Kelly says she had to give up Nick because of who she was and if she hadn't done so, he might have been killed. Adalind tells her it's her problem and if she is looking for forgiveness, she doesn't have any. Kelly says she isn't looking for forgiveness, but she wants her to understand that "sometimes we have to sacrifice what we love most." As soon as Kelly says that, Adalind suddenly realizes what's going on and runs out of the room looking for Renard."

Um.....no. From the episode, Synchronicity:

Quote:Nick and Kelly agree that the baby must eventually be taken from Adalind. She can't be with the Resistance or the Royals. The baby must be raised in complete isolation from Nick's world.

Renard was no where around when Nick and Kelly decided this. He was approached later.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - syscrash - 12-10-2016

Why is it when people talk about it being right or wrong for Nick hiding Diana with his mom. No one ever considers they where facing death if the royals felt they still had Diana. I have read people saying Nick and the group could protect them. In the days before high power rifles and sharp shooters. That could be a valid option. How can they protect anyone from being the target of a hit.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - New Guy - 12-10-2016

(12-10-2016, 03:36 PM)irukandji Wrote:
"Hi Iruk,
You said:
Monroe and Rosalee-Nick had them aid him in the kidnapping of Diana"had them" as in made the. He did not. They wanted to help. In fact Monroe was pleased at how well he spoke German."

Hi New Guy-
Wanting to help is not the same as participating. Nick had them help in the kidnapping. But aside from that, don't you think that's pushing it for a law enforcement officer to enlist his friends in aiding him in a kidnapping? Shouldn't Nick put their well being first?

"You also said:
Adalind - He kidnapped Diana from her.
That was Renard acting alone. From 3.18 synopsis:
When Adalind arrives to the interview room, she is surprised to find Kelly there too. Adalind asks what she is doing there, and Kelly says she wanted to talk to her because, at the very least, she owes her an explanation. Kelly tells Adalind that she was looking for her the day Catherine died because of what she did to Juliette. ("Woman in Black") ("The Kiss") Kelly says that Catherine wouldn't say anything, so she had to make her because her other choice was to let Juliette die. While they are talking, Renard leaves the precinct with Diana. In the interview room, Adalind says she was angry at Nick because he took her powers. ("Love Sick") Adalind asks why they are having this conversation, and Kelly says she had to give up Nick because of who she was and if she hadn't done so, he might have been killed. Adalind tells her it's her problem and if she is looking for forgiveness, she doesn't have any. Kelly says she isn't looking for forgiveness, but she wants her to understand that "sometimes we have to sacrifice what we love most." As soon as Kelly says that, Adalind suddenly realizes what's going on and runs out of the room looking for Renard."

Um.....no. From the episode, Synchronicity:

Quote:Nick and Kelly agree that the baby must eventually be taken from Adalind. She can't be with the Resistance or the Royals. The baby must be raised in complete isolation from Nick's world.

Renard was no where around when Nick and Kelly decided this. He was approached later.
Hi Iruk,
I skimmed the 3.17, "Synchronicity" synopsis. I believe you are referring to:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Synchronicity/Transcript
It is Kelly who is intent on keeping "the baby" away from both the Royals and the Resistance:
Quote:[The scene shifts to Nick and Kelly outside]
Nick: Mom, what are you doing?
Kelly: I'm going to get that baby.
Nick: What, you're just gonna walk in there and take it?
Kelly: It's not gonna be that easy.
Nick: Mom, listen to me. We need to think this through.
Kelly: Thinking is gonna get in the way, Nick.
Nick: If you go after that child, Renard will kill you.
Kelly: Not if I kill him first.
Nick: Mom. Mom, stop! You can't just go up there and kill him.
Kelly: I'm not gonna kill him. Not if I don't have to.
Nick: You have to let me talk to him first.
Kelly: And how is that gonna go? "You're a half-Royal, bastard Zauberbiest, and your little girlfriend there is a Hexenbiest, and I am a Grimm, so give me the baby." That's gonna go over really well.
Nick: Well, I don't expect it to be easy.
Kelly: Nick, I'm sorry I brought you back into this. If I'd known that the—
Nick: You didn't. And there's nothing we can do about it now, but I just think we have to be a little more tactful than, you know, the usual.
Kelly: What are you going to tell them?
Nick: I'll tell him it's too dangerous for Adalind and the baby to live with him. And it's not like he can just suddenly have a family and nobody take notice. The Royals will figure this out.
Kelly: Your Captain might not be interested in what a Grimm thinks. He might just want to kill you.
Nick: Yeah, well, I don't think he wants to be on the run for the rest of his life. Plus, I mean, you're here, and I'm sure he's figured that out by now.
Kelly: All right. But I'm not gonna wait here all night. [She starts to walk away]
Nick: Hey, mom. I'm glad you're okay.
Kelly: You too.
[Nick heads towards the condo building as the scene shifts to Adalind and Renard]
Adalind: You want to hold her? [She hands the baby to Renard] Say hi to your daddy.
Renard: [Softly to the baby] Hi. [He smiles]

Kelly's mission was to get Adalind and the baby out of Austria via Switzerland with original destination Brazil. Kelly changes it to Portland since the Verrat seem to have an inside rat. It was Kelly who saved Adalind and the baby then decided Diana needed to be hidden to be safe. Nick decided to bring in Renard. Then Renard planned the kidnapping. It was Renard who took Diana from Adalind, not Nick.
I agree that the whole kidnap scam was illegal, but may well have been set up by HW with Kelly the point agent. We likely will not be told who brought in Kelly to save Adalind and the baby, but I would expect that her direction was to do what is necessary and she did. It worked until Kelly was betrayed by Hexenette.
Note how much Nick and Kelly discuss who might be killed in recovering the baby.
So I concede that Kelly working for some secret governmental organization was fundamental in the kidnapping, but Renard provided the actual plan of attack and personally took his daughter from Adalind and gave her (temporarily) to Viktor. Nick, Kelly, Renard, Hank, and Monroe all willingly participated in the scam. IMO, it was good entertainment and achieved the objective. Just Adalind lost out, but remember she sold out Diana before she was born.

N G

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - syscrash - 12-10-2016

If Kelly was working with HW. The scene where Meisner rescued her from the helicopter would not make sense. Also If Kelly was with HW. Diana would have been at the safe house and not with Kelly when she came back to Portland.
All of the group where willing participants. Nick was considering their well being. Remember they all had a target on their back. Viktor directly threatened Nick, Sean and his mom. That does not mean anyone else that would have helped hide Diana would have been at risk.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - brandon - 12-10-2016

For these threats is that they decided to pose as agents of resistance. If it had not been so they would have had them in Portland

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - irukandji - 12-11-2016

(12-10-2016, 04:47 PM)syscrash Wrote: Why is it when people talk about it being right or wrong for Nick hiding Diana with his mom. No one ever considers they where facing death if the royals felt they still had Diana. I have read people saying Nick and the group could protect them.

It was not only wrong but ended up being a huge disaster. Kelly was unfit to protect Diana. She's not reliable and she's not a mother.

Nick, of all people, should have disagreed with her plan from the getgo.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - brandon - 12-11-2016

I think for Kelly this was a second chance.besides would take care of a baby" Wesen". Already it was seen that at first did not like the friends of Nick

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - New Guy - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 11:26 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-10-2016, 04:47 PM)syscrash Wrote: Why is it when people talk about it being right or wrong for Nick hiding Diana with his mom. No one ever considers they where facing death if the royals felt they still had Diana. I have read people saying Nick and the group could protect them.

It was not only wrong but ended up being a huge disaster. Kelly was unfit to protect Diana. She's not reliable and she's not a mother.

Nick, of all people, should have disagreed with her plan from the getgo.
Hi Iruk,
The "plan" began with the extraction of Adalind and her baby from the Royals in Austria. I suppose you can construct a "what if" scenario where Meisner and Kelly didn't get them out. IMO, the royals would have kept the baby and King Freddy would have been in charge of how she was raised. Adalind may have survived if she proved to be an effective hexenpawn of the Royals. Who knows what effect that would have had on the Portland characters.
Regardless, Nick was not aware of the extraction until Kelly, Adalind and a baby showed up on his doorstep with Victor and Royals in hot pursuit.
At what point would you have Nick disagree with Kelly and what is your better alternative?

This thread has wandered off topic, so I'll raise the original question:
Quote:How can Greenwalt & Kouf bring Grimm back on track and provide a satisfactory conclusion in the 13 remaining episodes. It is OK to discuss such issues even though most of season 6 has been filmed it does not begin to air until January 6, 2017.
I am seeking ideas within the context of this premise:
Quote:There once was a man who lived a life so strange, it had to be true. Only he could see what no one else can. The darkness inside, the real monster within. And he's the one who must stop them. This is his calling. This is his duty. This is the life of a Grimm.
In the remaining 13 episodes, how should Nick as THE Grimm live out his "calling" and fulfill his "duty?"
N G

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - irukandji - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 02:27 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Iruk,
The "plan" began with the extraction of Adalind and her baby from the Royals in Austria. I suppose you can construct a "what if" scenario where Meisner and Kelly didn't get them out. IMO, the royals would have kept the baby and King Freddy would have been in charge of how she was raised. Adalind may have survived if she proved to be an effective hexenpawn of the Royals. Who knows what effect that would have had on the Portland characters.
Regardless, Nick was not aware of the extraction until Kelly, Adalind and a baby showed up on his doorstep with Victor and Royals in hot pursuit.
At what point would you have Nick disagree with Kelly and what is your better alternative?

Hi New Guy-
Let me ask this first. Are you in complete agreement that Kelly and Nick did the right thing? If so, does it really matter if I have a better alternative or not?

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - New Guy - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 02:38 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-11-2016, 02:27 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Iruk,

Hi New Guy-
Let me ask this first. Are you in complete agreement that Kelly and Nick did the right thing? If so, does it really matter if I have a better alternative or not?
Hi Iruk,
When Meisner handed Adalind and her baby off to Kelly (as I recall) they did not know each other. It was not clear who devised the extraction. It is unknown what was to happen in Brazil. The pilot let Kelly change the destination to Portland, so she had some authority.
In Portland, Kelly had to make it up as she went. She allowed Nick to bring in Renard and you know the rest.
You have posted that the kidnapping was an "atrocity" so if you were Kelly, what would you have done and how would you have done it to merit her decision as the "right thing?"
N G