Grimm Forum
TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea (/Thread-TRUST-and-who-has-it-syscrash-idea)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea - irukandji - 12-13-2016

Does anyone know if Nick's father was a Grimm?

RE: TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-13-2016

(12-13-2016, 06:10 PM)irukandji Wrote: Does anyone know if Nick's father was a Grimm?

As far as I remember he wasn't a Grimm. But I would like someone to confirm this.

RE: TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea - rpmaluki - 12-13-2016

I believe Kelly tells Nick he wasn't. Immediately she came back from the dead.

RE: TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea - irukandji - 12-13-2016

(12-13-2016, 10:18 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: I am here again... Big Grin

I think this is a hard question because the show didn’t give us much information. But based only on what we have, I would say Nick trusted Marie as mother in place of Kelly for the simply reason she left him and she wasn’t his mother in her actions (only in the DNA).

We can’t say what happened before Kelly faked her death. But I would understand Nick if he had no trust on Kelly after that.

But again, at least for a while, I don’t think we can say much. Nick hadn’t much time to talk to Kelly so we have information to analyse. What we can say is that Nick gave Kelly the coins (as you already said). Nick agreed with Kelly about taking Diana from Adelaind. But I think that was more Sean’s decision as father than Nick’s one.

I would like to read your thoughts about this because I only have questions.

I think Nick's father was human too. Also, I thought the friend that was killed with him was also human.

(Just as a side note, I have wondered if the "friend" and Reed were having a fling, but I digress).

So here's a Grimm with a true human husband and true human friend. In my mind, that's a statement that Kelly was more open minded as she didn't seek a Grimm for a mate.

Grimm makes this big deal out of showing us these adults, spazzing out after seeing a woged wesen. You know, no true human can handle a monster. Yet Nick's father and the family friend seemed to do just fine until they were killed by wesen. As a person indoctrinated into Catholicism during childhood, monsters are not a big deal to me either. Hell was the big deal.

What I'm trying to get at here is, why didn't Kelly try something totally new and tell Nick about the Grimms when he was a child? Do Grimms ever pay attention to the wesen they kill? Wesen seem to be much more logical about such things, as we've seen.

I don't get Kelly at all. She seems totally modern in her approach to friends and marriage, yet is completely archaic with regard to what Marie termed as "the misfortune of their family". In other words, she fights with old-fashioned methods and attitude. She doesn't trust her child enough to give him the goods on what he might become. Or, not become if he so chooses. Not only that, then she does a complete about face and turns into the Mom from Hell by perpetrating a lie about her death.

Nothing about these Grimms is honorable is it?

RE: TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea - syscrash - 12-13-2016

There is no evidence that Nick father even knew Kelly was a Grimm or that there where even wesen. If I had to guess Kelly treated Nick father like Nick treated Juliette. Did not tell them about Grimm's or wesens.

The fact no one told Nick about their family heritage. Is another reason why I don't think Nicks father knew. Kelly seems to like what she does. or at least feels it is her destiny. At first I thought Mari stopped being a Grimm while raising Nick. But the more I see, the more I realize she could have continued just not told Nick. As long as she did not bring her work home with her.

Kelly stays in worrier mode. Just like Trubel and Eve. Remember with Monroe's uncle how Trubel jumped into action. Nick initial encounters are as a cop so he is not usually in attack mode. Even though the cases are Grimm related he is not there as a Grimm. If his encounters where always as a Grimm he would be different.

RE: TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea - izzy - 12-14-2016

(12-13-2016, 11:02 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't understand how the show didn't have Nick and Kelly sit down and actually talk about what she did to him when he was only a child. It's not realistic at all. He should be hurt, angry but he basically moved on like it was nothing.

I agree, it would be the normal thing to do. But this is Grimm and is a show where the town whore tells a guy he is a daddy and he doesn't ask for a paternity test.

RE: TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea - MarylikesGrimm - 12-14-2016

(12-14-2016, 12:06 AM)izzy Wrote: But this is Grimm and is a show where the town whore tells a guy he is a daddy and he doesn't ask for a paternity test.

That just happen in NCIS New Orleans.

RE: TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea - syscrash - 12-14-2016

If the show states something. Why do people feel the show needs to prove it. Would be different if the show used covert tactics or misleading deception. The show uses more of an undercover type of action. The show keeps secretes from the characters but not the viewers. It also does not require the viewer to interpret what is going on. The important things are provided within the narratives.

RE: TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea - irukandji - 12-14-2016

(12-13-2016, 11:12 PM)syscrash Wrote: There is no evidence that Nick father even knew Kelly was a Grimm or that there where even wesen. If I had to guess Kelly treated Nick father like Nick treated Juliette. Did not tell them about Grimm's or wesens.

Are you saying that if a person knows their destiny, they shouldn't tell a loved one or a child?

RE: TRUST and who has it @syscrash idea - syscrash - 12-14-2016

Knowing and following your destiny has nothing to do with who you tell. It is yourdestiny not there's even if it does effect them. Telling them or not depend on your wanting or needing them involved. Telling also eliminates false assumptions.