Grimm Forum
Does Nick hold Juliette to dfferent standard than everyone else? If so, why? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Does Nick hold Juliette to dfferent standard than everyone else? If so, why? (/Thread-Does-Nick-hold-Juliette-to-dfferent-standard-than-everyone-else-If-so-why)

Does Nick hold Juliette to dfferent standard than everyone else? If so, why? - irukandji - 10-29-2016

I was thinking about Juliette's jail cell scene, which recently came up in another thread, and wanted to pose a question for a different discussion: Does Nick hold Juliette to a different standard than everyone else? If so, why?

Here's a quote from the jail cell scene from Nick to Juliette after she was arrested.

Quote:I'm not letting you out, if that's what you mean by rescue you. It's safer for you in here.

The way this sounds, it makes the story appear as though Nick is holding Juliette for "her own protection" until he figures things out.

Juliette was booked, just like any other alleged criminal coming through the doors. Now, in order to be booked, law enforcement would have to have obtained her identification and they would have also had to have asked for emergency contact information. She would have been mirandized.

Who would her emergency contact be do you suppose? The only person I can think of right off hand is Nick. That makes perfect sense since Wu passed the word to Nick that Juliette was in custody and he went to see her. Yet when he confronts her, he tells her he's not letting her out.

If it was up to him and he was holding Juliette for safety purposes only, why did he let her get arraigned? In other words, why did he let her go before a judge and get charged with a crime? We know she was charged because she was awaiting her trial when Rosalee came to taunt her. We know that bail had been set because Kenneth paid it.

But here's the worst of it. Juliette would have been in county lockup with other women prisoners, who are sometimes worse than men.

Why would he allow that to happen to her? What was he thinking? "Let's just teach her a lesson"? For what? A guy grabbed her and she resisted.

Nick is very good at bending the law for his own purposes, but when it came to Juliette, he was content to just let the justice system take its course with her? Consider that Juliette told Nick she wanted to see if he would come and rescue her. He didn't. Just curious as to what others think.

RE: Does Nick hold Juliette to dfferent standard than everyone else? If so, why? - jsgrimm45 - 10-29-2016

It was never said what she was charged with so we don't know what degree of assault was charged. Now for the emergency contact info this would have only happened if she was injured jail. She would have been given a phone call was up to her to make the call she didn't call Nick, or from the looks of it she called no one.

At this time nothing had happen with Kenneth or the trailer so NIck was only keeping her some place that would protect her from herself. The one thing maybe we should note is her killing the roaches.

As to the general question yes Nick would hold her to a different standard in the sense that he was still trying to get her to talk and listen to him, how many times had he called, trying to get some information on what her think was.

Now for the off question why do you see Rosalee talking with her as a taunt? I just saw Rosalee going to talk to a friend see if she could help. Just a question on how you seen it this way?

RE: Does Nick hold Juliette to dfferent standard than everyone else? If so, why? - brandon - 10-29-2016

Rosalee not make fun of it.offers support, it made her rejection.perhaps because as Hexenbiest not need help or simply pride.
Nick expect her to hear him,never responded to their calls.the would have accepted what was now.but I think it prejudices of Juliette weighed more.

RE: Does Nick hold Juliette to dfferent standard than everyone else? If so, why? - irukandji - 10-29-2016

(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: It was never said what she was charged with so we don't know what degree of assault was charged.

Why would this matter?

(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Now for the emergency contact info this would have only happened if she was injured jail.

It happened and she wasn't injured. Someone gave Wu the skivvy that she was arrested and Wu told Nick.

(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: She would have been given a phone call was up to her to make the call she didn't call Nick, or from the looks of it she called no one.

I think this goes back to what she told Nick. She wanted to see if he would come and rescue her.

(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: At this time nothing had happen with Kenneth or the trailer so NIck was only keeping her some place that would protect her from herself. The one thing maybe we should note is her killing the roaches.

The problem is, despite what Nick said, he didn't keep her in the city jail with the roaches.

Juliette was arraigned and she went to county lockup with other prisoners. We know that happened because she was in with other prisoners when Rosalee came to see her.

(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: As to the general question yes Nick would hold her to a different standard in the sense that he was still trying to get her to talk and listen to him, how many times had he called, trying to get some information on what her think was.

Just from the way Nick handled things, it appears to me that he didn't care whether she talked or not. He let her be arraigned and he let bail be set for her.

But much, much, much worse than that, he allowed her to be sent to county lockup. I'm sure Juliette would have been much more cooperative with him if all she had to deal with was cockroaches, but that wasn't the case.

Nick let her cohabitate with other female prisoners. That was the worse thing he could have ever done to her.

(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Now for the off question why do you see Rosalee talking with her as a taunt? I just saw Rosalee going to talk to a friend see if she could help. Just a question on how you seen it this way?

Rosalee said she was there as a friend, but she was no friend. From what I remember she didn't ask once how Juliette was doing. Instead, her visit was all about Nick and what he was going through.

But here's the bigger question. If Rosalee was such a friend, why didn't she bail Juliette out of jail?

RE: Does Nick hold Juliette to dfferent standard than everyone else? If so, why? - MarylikesGrimm - 10-29-2016

(10-29-2016, 08:57 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: It was never said what she was charged with so we don't know what degree of assault was charged.

Why would this matter?

(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Now for the emergency contact info this would have only happened if she was injured jail.

It happened and she wasn't injured. Someone gave Wu the skivvy that she was arrested and Wu told Nick.

(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: She would have been given a phone call was up to her to make the call she didn't call Nick, or from the looks of it she called no one.

I think this goes back to what she told Nick. She wanted to see if he would come and rescue her.

(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: At this time nothing had happen with Kenneth or the trailer so NIck was only keeping her some place that would protect her from herself. The one thing maybe we should note is her killing the roaches.

The problem is, despite what Nick said, he didn't keep her in the city jail with the roaches.

Juliette was arraigned and she went to county lockup with other prisoners. We know that happened because she was in with other prisoners when Rosalee came to see her.

(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: As to the general question yes Nick would hold her to a different standard in the sense that he was still trying to get her to talk and listen to him, how many times had he called, trying to get some information on what her think was.

Just from the way Nick handled things, it appears to me that he didn't care whether she talked or not. He let her be arraigned and he let bail be set for her.

But much, much, much worse than that, he allowed her to be sent to county lockup. I'm sure Juliette would have been much more cooperative with him if all she had to deal with was cockroaches, but that wasn't the case.

Nick let her cohabitate with other female prisoners. That was the worse thing he could have ever done to her.

(10-29-2016, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Now for the off question why do you see Rosalee talking with her as a taunt? I just saw Rosalee going to talk to a friend see if she could help. Just a question on how you seen it this way?

Rosalee said she was there as a friend, but she was no friend. From what I remember she didn't ask once how Juliette was doing. Instead, her visit was all about Nick and what he was going through.

But here's the bigger question. If Rosalee was such a friend, why didn't she bail Juliette out of jail?

Bail someone out of jail can be just enabling bad behavior. People need to learn from their mistakes. Ken bailed her out because he was not her friend. Her real friends did not. That is what we do in my family. Juliette has money so why should her friends put up their money. I would never paid for a relative's traffic ticket either.

RE: Does Nick hold Juliette to dfferent standard than everyone else? If so, why? - irukandji - 10-29-2016

(10-29-2016, 09:23 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Bail someone out of jail can be just enabling bad behavior. People need to learn from their mistakes. Ken bailed her out because he was not her friend. Her real friends did not. That is what we do in my family. Juliette has money so why should her friends put up their money. I would never paid for a relative's traffic ticket either.

This wasn't a traffic ticket. It wasn't bad behavior. The guy put his hands on Juliette and restrained her. She defended herself.

But that's not my argument here. My argument is with Nick. I really believe Juliette put him to the test to see if he would rescue her.

He said he would keep her safe. But then he ended up not doing a thing. He lied to her and betrayed her.

RE: Does Nick hold Juliette to dfferent standard than everyone else? If so, why? - MarylikesGrimm - 10-29-2016

(10-29-2016, 09:29 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-29-2016, 09:23 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Bail someone out of jail can be just enabling bad behavior. People need to learn from their mistakes. Ken bailed her out because he was not her friend. Her real friends did not. That is what we do in my family. Juliette has money so why should her friends put up their money. I would never paid for a relative's traffic ticket either.

This wasn't a traffic ticket. It wasn't bad behavior. The guy put his hands on Juliette and restrained her. She defended herself.

But that's not my argument here. My argument is with Nick. I really believe Juliette put him to the test to see if he would rescue her.

He said he would keep her safe. But then he ended up not doing a thing. He lied to her and betrayed her.

My husband would not have bail me out either based on the information Nick he got because he loves me. Nick protected her. Many people go to the local lockup so what.

(10-29-2016, 09:37 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: My husband would not have bail me out either based on the information Nick he got because he loves me. Nick protected her. Many people go to the local lockup so what.

My husband would have. More importantly, he wouldn't have relied on someone else's word to make his decision. He would have gotten my side of the story too and made his decision based on both sides.

Nick did not. He believed what others told him and did not even ask Juliette for her side of it. Based on what others told him he didn't even bother appearing at her arraignment to at least put in a good word for her.

Kind of makes you wonder if Nick ever really loved Juliette at all, doesn't it?

RE: Does Nick hold Juliette to dfferent standard than everyone else? If so, why? - Claire Notic - 10-29-2016

(10-29-2016, 09:55 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-29-2016, 09:37 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: My husband would not have bail me out either based on the information Nick he got because he loves me. Nick protected her. Many people go to the local lockup so what.

My husband would have. More importantly, he wouldn't have relied on someone else's word to make his decision. He would have gotten my side of the story too and made his decision based on both sides.

Nick did not. He believed what others told him and did not even ask Juliette for her side of it. Based on what others told him he didn't even bother appearing at her arraignment to at least put in a good word for her.

Kind of makes you wonder if Nick ever really loved Juliette at all, doesn't it?

I think Juliette already had a motive when she went into that bar, Juliette is not a stupid woman, Not taking up for Nick, but hadn't Juliette already moved out and didn't Nick called her many many times and she refused to speak to him. She could have bailed herself out she had the money. Juliette already accepted her self a a Hexenbeist and Nick didn't. Yes I think Nick loved her but she had already made her decision to move along as a Hexenbeist or whatever.

RE: Does Nick hold Juliette to dfferent standard than everyone else? If so, why? - syscrash - 10-29-2016

Remember as a hexenbiest she can control people. That what she meant by not needing to let them arrest her. She could have changed the officers mind. That is also somthing she could do at anytime once the opportunity comes up. As for Nick able to get her released. BEING and office and the backing of a police captain. He could get a judge to released on her own recognizance to have the procecuter to drop the charges.
The biggest thing I see is Juliette told both Nick and Rosales she has accepted what she is and why. Both refused to accept the truth, that she is a hexenbiest. Not healthy in helping Juliette state of mind. They should have supported her. And worked with her on dealing with the feelings.