Grimm Forum
S04E18 – Mishipeshu - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Rewatches (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Rewatches)
+----- Forum: Season 4 Rewatch (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4-Rewatch)
+----- Thread: S04E18 – Mishipeshu (/Thread-S04E18-%E2%80%93-Mishipeshu)

S04E18 – Mishipeshu - Gretel Hanselsister - 09-22-2016

Season 4 Episode 18
Mishipeshu

[Image: 418smalla0swx.jpg]
Air Date: April 17, 2015

Synopsis: A NATIVE AMERICAN MYTH COMES TO LIFE -- A homicide leads Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) onto the dark and mysterious path of a local Native American power quest. Meanwhile, Juliette's (Bitsie Tulloch) erratic behavior lands her on the wrong side of the law. At the spice shop, Rosalee (Bree Turner) and Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) are on a mission and call on Captain Renard (Sasha Roiz) for help. Reggie Lee and Claire Coffee also star.

RE: S04E18 – Mishipeshu - jsgrimm45 - 09-23-2016

Let me start with I like Grimm so I like all episodes of Grimm, but this was a wasted episode for the most part. Hank was the lead in this one no Grimm needed, I had thought at the time this was to put the Deputy back into Hank life as a love interest, now this still may be true in season 6, but failed in season 5.

If this is the case for season 6 than this episode would have been better in season 6.

RE: S04E18 – Mishipeshu - wfmyers1207 - 09-23-2016

I rather liked this episode. IMO making the character of Hank more central was a good idea. Russell Hornsby is a fine actor and should have been given an opportunity to be more out there instead of just a side kick for Nick.

Also, I was glad to see another episode based on Native American lore. I'm actually rather surprised that Grimm hasn't used that as a source for script ideas more often. Native American culture is chock full of stories about shape shifters. All those stories about "Coyote", "Crow", etc. Smile

RE: S04E18 – Mishipeshu - brandon - 09-24-2016

the Wendigo think it's part of the indigenous culture.It is mentioned in "pet cemetery".

RE: S04E18 – Mishipeshu - New Guy - 09-26-2016

Hi Forum:
I agree with the other postings about the WOW. I liked the final scene:
Quote:Scene: McClay is sleeping in a chair, when he is attacked and killed by Mishipeshu.

[Mishipeshu runs into the forest and gets a drink of water. It then goes back inside its latest victim, revealing that it is now possessing Deputy Farris]
The plot for Juliette to become Hexenette the HexenBitch continued down the irrational path. The opening scene shows the effect it is having on Nick:
Quote:Rosalee: So... how are things?
Nick: [He sighs] Look, I don't want anybody to feel... awkward about me and Juliette.
Monroe: Yeah, no, why would we?
Rosalee: Not at all.
Nick: I know she tried to blame all of you.
Rosalee: We know that's not her talking.
Nick: No, it's not. I mean, I wish she was talking. She's not answering the phone. She's not showing up to work. She-I don't even know where she is.
Hank: You know, when something like this happens, it takes time to figure it out.
Nick: Yeah, well, I feel like I'm running out of time. I'm afraid of what she might do out there.
Rosalee: There must be something we can do.
Nick: Like what? Tell me, am I missing something? 'Cause I'm out there every night, driving the streets trying to find her, hoping that there's some way that I can help her or talk some sense into her.
Monroe: Dude, we totally get it.
Nick: I'm sorry; I can't... be here, pretending that she's not out there somewhere. I'm gonna have to take a rain check. I'm just... I'm really sorry. [He leaves]
Some on the Forum are unable to feel Nick's pain and anguish over Juliette's choices and behavior.
She decides to go slumming and shows more of her violent irrational behavior:
Quote:Scene: Juliette arrives at a bar to have a drink.

Bartender: What can I get you?
Juliette: Vodka, rocks. You pick it.
Rick: [He goes over to Juliette] You meeting someone?
Juliette: No.
Rick: Why don't you let me buy you that drink?
Juliette: [She drinks her drink] Why don't I let you buy me the next one too?
Rick: [Chuckling] Bring her another. I'm Rick.
Juliette: You look like a Rick.
Rick: What's your name?
Juliette: What do I look like?
Rick: What, is this a game?
Juliette: Yeah.
Rick: You look like... a Jackie.
Juliette: Wow. You are really good.
Rick: Really? That's-that's your name.
Juliette: It is now. Who's your friend?
Rick: Hey, this is... between you and me.
Juliette: [She laughs] Yeah? You think you can handle me all by yourself?
Rick: You're kind of a... a wild girl?
Juliette: You really don't want to know.
Rick: Yeah. I do.
Juliette: Trust me. You don't. [She starts walking away]
Rick: Jackie, I just bought you two drinks.
Juliette: What do you expect for two drinks?
Rick: A little conversation, get to know each other. I-I want to find out who you are.
Juliette: You really mean that?
Rick: Yeah. I do. I find you very attractive.
Juliette: You like my eyes?
Rick: Yes.
Juliette: Do you like my lips?
Rick: Yeah, I do. I like everything about you.
Juliette: Everything? How about now? [She woges, causing all of the lights to explode]
Rick: [Backing away] Ah!
[Juliette retracts]
Rick: Did you see that? Did you see that? Hey! [He tries to grab Juliette]
[Juliette telekinetically throws him into a table]
Bartender: I'm calling the cops.
[Juliette leaves]
Her tirade gets her arrested and jailed for assault. Nick comes to her jail cell for a visit:
Quote:Scene: Nick goes to see Juliette in jail.

Nick: [To a cop] Thank you. [To Juliette] What happened?
Juliette: Didn't you read my arrest report?
Nick: I did. I want to hear it from you.
Juliette: What do you want to hear, Nick? That I didn't do it? That it was all a mistake? That I'm still the same sweet gal you fell in love with?
Nick: Why are you doing this?
Juliette: I guess I'm just trying to be the best Hexenbiest I can.
Nick: You don't have to prove to me that this is my fault.
Juliette: That's what you think I'm doing?
Nick: Juliette, you're not even giving us a chance to figure this out.
Juliette: What do you want to figure out, Nick? How a Grimm and a Hexenbiest are just gonna live happily ever after?
Nick: You don't scare me. And I'm not letting go.
Juliette: Aren't you scared of what you might do to me?
Nick: I could never hurt you, Juliette.
Juliette: I wish I could say the same. But I just don't know anymore, because deep down, I do blame you for what's happened to me, and part of me loves you for it, because I have never felt like this before. It's ironic, isn't it? You've been the special one for so long. You're connected to a world that most people will never know or understand. And now I know and I understand, and I don't want to give it up, just like you didn't want to give it up. And now I know why. Once you're in it and you've... seen it and tasted it and... lived it, you can't go back. Everyone else just seems blind. I like this power, Nick, and I know you do too.
Nick: Stop it!
Juliette: I can't. You really think that you can just... take off your clothes and crawl into bed with me again? [She woges] And close your eyes? [She retracts] You know, I didn't mean to let them arrest me. I just wanted to see if you'd come rescue me.
Nick: I'm not letting you out, if that's what you mean by rescue you. It's safer for you in here.
Juliette: And safer for you.
She only taunts him with hateful comments showing disdain for the love they shared. Nick responds that he is not letting go.
Nick says he "could never hurt" her. She replies with an ominous threat.
Note how she denies any responsibility for her condition.
She blames Nick for her condition yet loves the taste of the power she now has.
She will only use her power to inflict destruction, pain, suffering and death. She had the option to stay with Nick and be the powerful heroine of the show but chose instead to be as vile, evil and despicable as possible. In the end, even though (IMO) Nick still loved her he knew what must be done and told the Scoobies to "kill her."
New Guy