Grimm Forum
S04E14 – Bad Luck - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Rewatches (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Rewatches)
+----- Forum: Season 4 Rewatch (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4-Rewatch)
+----- Thread: S04E14 – Bad Luck (/Thread-S04E14-%E2%80%93-Bad-Luck)

S04E14 – Bad Luck - Gretel Hanselsister - 08-26-2016

Season 4 Episode 14
Bad Luck

[Image: 414smallc9sre.jpg]
Air Date: March 20, 2015

Synopsis: A SECRET RITUAL TO BRING GOOD LUCK TARGETS A WESEN GROUP -- GARCELLE BEAUVAIS AND ALEXIS DENISOF GUEST STAR -- Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russel Hornsby) investigate a murder victim with his foot cut off, and stumble onto a disturbing Wesen take on the "lucky rabbit's foot." In an effort to help, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) go undercover. Meanwhile, the fallout from Adalind (Claire Coffee) and Juliette's (Bitsie Tulloch) showdown still has Nick reeling and sends him on a path that leads to Henrietta (guest star Garcelle Beauvais). Sasha Roiz and Reggie Lee also star.

RE: S04E14 – Bad Luck - jsgrimm45 - 08-26-2016

This was a really good episode for the family types. A mild wesen being picked on for an old superstition. Like that it was Monroe and Rosalee who brought it down. Like when Rosalee popped the nurse. But also this was a sad episode that this could still be happening. Good thing was the girl took care of herself Nick and Hank were there but she did the right thing.

Now a little out of the thread but would BC have let this go on? I know there is no way of knowing this but if they wanted the old way back then this would have been possible.

Wish I'd thought of this episode in season 5 for the debate on BC.

RE: S04E14 – Bad Luck - wfmyers1207 - 08-26-2016

It was interesting to see the darker side of the wesen world again in this episode. Remember "Endangered" from S2?

@JS, I kind of wonder about that as well now that you bring it up. There definetely seemed to be a pecking order in BC. You have to wonder if wesen that were meek and rather harmless would have been considered of any value by them.

In the first couple of episodes dealing with BC, they didn't seem to have much in the way of respect for law abiding wesen! Big Grin

Pretty much: "Do as we say or die!" Confused

RE: S04E14 – Bad Luck - New Guy - 08-27-2016

Hello Forum,
I also liked this episode. It had a decent balance between WOW and the Nickliette plot. I did not like how the show took the potential (and logical) heroine Juliette and turned her into the hero's nemesis.
The engagement ring emerges again. First Juliette uses it to prove to Nick she isn't Adalind:
Quote:Scene: Nick takes his gun out and points it at Juliette after seeing her woge.
Nick: You're not Juliette. You're Adalind. What did you do with her?
Juliette: [She retracts] Nick, it's me.
Nick: I don't believe you.
Juliette: Listen, you you proposed to me on this couch. You had a ring. I said no. You hid it upstairs in the dresser drawer. I found it. Adalind would never know that.
And later:
Quote:Scene: Juliette puts the ring Nick used to propose on her finger.
[Juliette woges her hand and arm, and quickly takes the ring off and puts it away]
IMO, Juliette did not woge, her hand woged on it's own to demonstrate that the proposal would be as dead as her woged hand.
After Juliette proves she isn't Adalind, there is more discussion and Nick learns she went to Renard:
Quote:Nick: Well, how did you find Henrietta?
Juliette: Sean Renard.
Nick: You told him before you told me?
Juliette: I needed help, Nick. His mom's a Hexenbiest. He's half Zauberbiest.
Nick: You should have told me.
Juliette: [Crying] I was afraid you were gonna kill me.
Nick: Juliette, I would never hurt you. Never. This is all because of me. This is... because I became a Grimm again.
Juliette: Well, we took a chance, you know? We knew that there might be side effects. It's what we wanted.
Nick: Juliette, I am so sorry. [He opens the front door]
Juliette: Nick, where are you going?
Nick: I don't know. [He leaves]
Note how Nick blames himself "This is all because of me." She says "we took a chance." She knows that she shared in the decision that lead to the hexen side effect. Later, Hexenette will deny any responsibility.
Nick leaves, IMO because Juliette went to Renard first and didn't tell him. He walks the streets in agony recalling the events that resulted in Juliette's hexen affiction.
When he returns home he sleeps on the sofa. Juliette wakes him in the morning. He wants to talk to Henrietta. Before he leaves he says:
Quote:Juliette, I want to make this right. I love you. I'll see you later.
Is this the final time Nick tells Juliette "I love you?" In the next eight episodes she will become (IMO) the most vile and disgusting character on the show, even more so than Sleazy Sean.
One of the highlights was Rosalee's encounter with Nurse Fran:
Quote:Rosalee: Excuse me? We just had a few more questions.
Nurse Fran: I was very clear. Wait for the text.
Rosalee: We were just wondering if you could tell us...
Monroe: Yeah, uh... you know... where the feet come from?
Nurse Fran: No, I'm sorry, I can't. [She starts walking away]
Rosalee: Wait, I need to know something.
Nurse Fran: What?
Rosalee: How much of that blood money do you get?
[The nurse woges into a Drang-Zorn]
Monroe: Oh, no, you don't. [He woges]
[Rosalee punches the nurse, causing her to slide against a wall to the ground]
Monroe: [He retracts] Damn.
Monroe is impressed. Me Too. Hooray for Rosalee. She punched that nefarious nurse's lights out! Big Grin
New Guy