Grimm Forum
Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette (/Thread-Nick-and-Adalind-s-relationship-is-a-slap-in-the-face-to-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Loona - 05-21-2017

Just because Juliette/Eve didn't want it anymore, doesn't mean we Nickliette shipper couldn't complain over it...

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 01:48 PM)Loona Wrote: Just because Juliette/Eve didn't want it anymore, doesn't mean we Nickliette shipper couldn't complain over it...

As a Bitsie and Juliette/Eve supporter and not a shipper I am glad Juliette/Eve character is happy at the end and the actress is doing well. Feel free to post information about David and Bitsie wedding on this website.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Loona - 05-21-2017

What do I have to do with their real wedding? I ship them in the series - but their relationship isn't our business. Although I'm glad they're happy together but it's their private thing ;- )

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 02:10 PM)Loona Wrote: What do I have to do with their real wedding? I ship them in the series - but their relationship isn't our business. Although I'm glad they're happy together but it's their private thing ;- )

I am only interested in what Bitsie and David say about their own wedding. I do not like media people who follow actors and so I ignore anything to do with that.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Hell Rell - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 01:05 PM)Loona Wrote: What would have happened if Juliette/Eve didn't refuse Nick? That's why I think Adalind is just the runner-up.

Do you think Nick was hitting on Juliette in that scene? That's what refusing Nick implies.

Not only. Nick has so many occasion to tell Adalind he loves her - but didn't earlier. First after the talk with Juliette/Eve he tell Adalind - He loves her.

I am the only one who think it is strange?

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - brandon - 05-21-2017

Juliette should have had the good sense to end the relationship with Nick , before continuing to hurt others and herself. Unfortunaley she lost his sanity.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Renardfan99 - 05-21-2017

(06-19-2016, 05:58 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: You have to wonder. Everything Adalind did before Juliette became a hexenbiest...that it was all because of Adalind......Now the woman who started the entire chain in motion. That turned her life upside down. Now has a baby with her boyfriend (soon to have been married)
still sleeping and had move in with Nick

Adalind destroyed her life.....But Nick is having a relationship with a hexenbiest, but he could not do it with her.

Nick commitment to anyone ...should be put to the side and just be a dad and stay single
Juliette had a beautiful Life with Nick until Adalind messed it up. Something says having Nick having a relationship with Adalind is so (the word sound like duck) up...Just demented to me

It takes two to mess up a relationship and that started when Nick withheld the truth about being a Grimm. However, I think the show may have been setting up Nick and Adalind from their very first encounter and Juliette was never a his end game. What I hate is that the show had Adalind rape Hank and Nick which was all kinds of sleazy.

(06-19-2016, 06:34 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 06:22 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:58 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: You have to wonder. Everything Adalind did before Juliette became a hexenbiest...that it was all because of Adalind......Now the woman who started the entire chain in motion. That turned her life upside down. Now has a baby with her boyfriend (soon to have been married)
still sleeping and had move in with Nick

Adalind destroyed her life.....But Nick is having a relationship with a hexenbiest, but he could not do it with her.

Nick commitment to anyone ...should be put to the side and just be a dad and stay single
Juliette had a beautiful Life with Nick until Adalind messed it up. Something says having Nick having a relationship with Adalind is so (the word sound like duck) up...Just demented to me

every show had got to have a villian or a scapegoat, unfortunately for juliette however her character was b/4 being a hexenbiest is irrelevant.

I humbly disagree..if it was not for Adalind Nick and Juliette would had married. Maybe had a kid......all this is blamed on Adalind's selfish behavior.......Adalind at the end ..or let's say Nick will never find happiness......that's what his Aunt Marie was telling him....He is a lone wolf and having Kelly just make him more acceptable to men like Conrad...he is weak and family makes him vulnerable to his enemies

For me, there was never a chance of Nick and Juliette ever getting married when she found the engagement ring and then he proposed and she nixed their timing. At the end of the day, nothing should have stopped Nick and Juliette from being married and having a baby, except that they clearly were not meant for the long haul.Big Grin

(06-19-2016, 12:05 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Forum:
I believe 4.14 “Bad Luck” is the turning point for Nick and Juliette. I’ll use NBC’s recaps with underline added. The episode begins:

Quote:When Nick sees Juliette woge, he assumes Adalind is trying to trick him and pulls his gun. But Juliette proves it's really her by recounting Nick's proposal, something only she would know, and begins to explain how this happened. It began innocently enough with feelings of nausea, but then the woges started. They even helped her kill her attacker at the tribunal and the Manticore. When Nick asks why she didn't immediately tell him, Juliette says she was scared he'd kill her (and him pulling a gun on her kind of proves her right). Nick, overcome with guilt that his becoming a Grimm again is at fault for Juliette's transformation, vows to find a way to reverse it, but Juliette's not done disclosing secrets. She admits she turned to Captain Renard first for help and fills Nick in on her meetings with Henrietta, including her belief that Juliette's condition is permanent.Feeling shocked, and probably betrayed, Nick walks out.

The Grimm Wikia transcript reads (Underline added):

Quote:Scene: Nick takes his gun out and points it at Juliette after seeing her woge.
Juliette: Listen, you you proposed to me on this couch. You had a ring. I said no. You hid it upstairs in the dresser drawer. I found it. Adalind would never know that.
Nick: [He points his gun down] How did this happen?
Juliette: I don't know. I didn't know what was happening at first. I was really nauseous. I thought I was pregnant. I had headaches. And then it just happened. And it's been happening more and more. It's how I killed the guy from the tribunal. [Flashback of the back of Jonah Riken's head exploding in "Tribunal"] And the Manticore. [Flashback of Juliette killing Jonathon Wilde in "Maréchaussée"] And how I almost just killed Adalind.
Nick: Why didn't you tell me?
Juliette: Because I was scared.
Nick: [He puts his gun away] Look... we're gonna figure this out, and get rid of it.
Juliette: We can't.
Nick: Why not?
Juliette: It's permanent.
Nick: You don't know that.
Juliette: I do. Henrietta told me.
Nick: Who's Henrietta?
Juliette: The Hexenbiest who's been helping me figure this out.
Nick: You've been seeing a Hexenbiest?
Juliette: I had to. I didn't want to hurt you.
Nick: Well, how did you find Henrietta?
Juliette: Sean Renard.
Nick: You told him before you told me?
Juliette: I needed help, Nick. His mom's a Hexenbiest. He's half Zauberbiest.
Nick: You should have told me.
Juliette: [Crying] I was afraid you were gonna kill me.
Nick: Juliette, I would never hurt you. Never. This is all because of me. This is... because I became a Grimm again.
Juliette: Well, we took a chance, you know? We knew that there might be side effects. It's what we wanted.
Nick: Juliette, I am so sorry. [He opens the front door]
Juliette: Nick, where are you going?
Nick: I don't know. [He leaves]

Note that Juliette “proves” it is her by recounting his proposal and the ring.
Nick feels betrayed that Juliette did not come to him first. Instead she went to Renard, who IMO did much to destroy Nick and Juliette’s relationship.
Nick feels guilty that Juliette became a hexenbiest. Yet three times says “we.” We took a chance, knew possible side effects and both of them wanted Nick to re-Grimm.
Nick blew it when he walked out. She needed him and any real man would have known it.

Later in the episode, Nick and Juliette have another discussion.
The NBC recap, (Underline added):
Quote:When Nick finally gets home, he tells Juliette that he spoke with Henrietta but he's not giving up. Juliette, however, isn't interested in what Nick has to say. She knows they can never go back to the way it was. When Nick protests, Juliette woges and asks Nick to kiss her. His inability to even look at her proves Juliette right.

The Grimm Wikia transcript reads (Underline added):

Quote:Scene: Nick arrives home.
Juliette: I see the way you're looking at me.
Nick: Juliette...
Juliette: It's not the same. It'll never be the same.
Nick: You learned to understand me, now I have to learn how to understand you.
Juliette: [She walks up to Nick] Is that forever?
Nick: I'm not going anywhere.
Juliette: [She woges and Nick turns his head] Is this what you want to spend the rest of your life with? Is it?
Nick: Why are you doing this?
Juliette: If I'm the girl of your dreams, the least you could do is kiss me. Kiss me. You can't even look at me. This is what's forever. [She retracts and leaves]
[Image: latest?cb=20150331005225]
IMO, When Nick returned Juliette had a long time to think about their relationship and has decided it is over. He tells her he is not “giving up,” he won’t let it “destroy what they have,” and he will “learn how to understand her.” She believes that she will “forever” be a hideous hexenbiest. Her demand that he kiss her as a woged, corpse-faced hexenbiest is unreasonable.

IMO, they both reacted poorly to the hexenbiest side effect. At the end of the episode their relationship was wrecked. Hexenette could have just moved out. learned to control her biest and built up her veterinary practice. But instead she became the vulgar, violent, immoral nemesis of Nick. Many fans celebrated her death.

New Guy

I cheered and then did a happy dance to end all happy dances! I was furious when that not needed twit came back as not dead juliette/Eve. Boo!Angry

(06-19-2016, 03:14 PM)Robyn Wrote: Actually, Adalind taking Nick’s Grimm had nothing to do with revenge despite they kidnapped her baby. The only reason Adalind contacted Viktor was Renard lied that he’d given Diana to Viktor so Adalind wouldn’t learn that Kelly had taken her daughter. Nick, Juliette, Monroe & Rosalee pretended to not know what was going on, Nick telling Adalind that his mother had already left Portland and he didn’t have a way to contact her, all for hiding from Adalind that Kelly took her baby.

Adalind did not want to take Nick’s Grimm, she didn’t want to go near him or the others. Viktor, taking advantage of Renard’s scam, told Adalind the only way she’d see her daughter again was if she took Nick’s Grimm. And because Adalind was duped into believing Viktor had her baby, Adalind returned to the castle and was thrown in the dungeon & tortured.

Nick did not lose his Grimm and Juliette did not become a Hexenbiest because of Adalind. Nick lost his Grimm and Juliette became a Hexenbiest because they participated in Kelly’s scam to steal Adalind’s baby. Payback can be a bitch. Tongue

Anything Adalind did prior to this was because she willingly helped Renard or allowed him to manipulate her. Either way that’s on Adalind. She’s a big girl and should have been able to rationalize nothing but bad would come from Renard’s plans concerning the Grimm and the Royals. But it’s worth mentioning that Adalind is the only one blamed. The gang never had a problem with Renard until he joined BC.

Adalind SOLD her baby for her powers and the child should have been turned over to the Royal's, but she ran with the kid and that is why I had zero sympathy when Renard gave Diana to Kelly.Big Grin

(06-19-2016, 05:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Rosalee even made mention of why Juliette became a Hexenbiest. In "Iron Hans", she said that Juliette was paying the price for them taking Adalind's child. Later in the episode, Nick has a look of shame on his face after Adalind said she only did what she did to him because they took her child away from her. Adalind did it as a result of the gang kidnapping Diana but she didn't do it for revenge. I think they were willing to work with Adalind on helping Juliette because they realized they all shared responsibility in what happened to her.

It struck me how much of a slap in the face the relationship was to Juliette when Nick gave Adalind her car. I thought that was kind of sleazy. Not to mention stupid for having Adalind drive around in a missing Juliette's car.

On the other hand, I think there was a reason Juliette slept with Renard and Kenneth besides showing how low she's sunk. I believe the writers wanted Nick not to give a damn how Juliette would feel about a relationship with Adalind due to those actions plus having a hand in his mother's brutal death. If anything, Juliette may have giving Nick more reasons to start a relationship with Adalind without feeling any remorse.

Adalind SOLD Diana in exchange for her powers and the Royal's were in their complete right to take the kid.

(06-19-2016, 05:58 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:14 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Like Henrietta making Nick kiss her...I believe Juliette used her hexenbiest wiles on Renard
Hi Kathryn,
It was 2.07 when Sleazy Sean stalks Juliette, breaks into Nick's house, watches her shower and breaks the picture of Nick and Juliette. No Hexenbiest wiles, just a perverted police captain betraying the trust of a subordinate detective. He is despicable and a disgrace to the City of Portland. Nick needs to pummel Renard until his face resembles the metal coffin Baron Samedi locked him in after nick punched his way out.
New Guy

Uh? Renard was under the obsession spell after he kissed and woke up Juliette and tried to get rid of it by seeking out Monroe at the Spice Shop for hel. If Renard wanted Juliette, he could have gone after her instead of sending Adalind after Hank.

(06-20-2016, 04:47 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 06:50 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 06:01 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:58 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:14 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Like Henrietta making Nick kiss her...I believe Juliette used her hexenbiest wiles on Renard
Hi Kathryn,
It was 2.07 when Sleazy Sean stalks Juliette, breaks into Nick's house, watches her shower and breaks the picture of Nick and Juliette. No Hexenbiest wiles, just a perverted police captain betraying the trust of a subordinate detective. He is despicable and a disgrace to the City of Portland. Nick needs to pummel Renard until his face resembles the metal coffin Baron Samedi locked him in after nick punched his way out.
New Guy
Oh come on Monroe and Roealee admit with the potion became a obsession spell and they both Juliette and Renard could not stay away from each other....your point on Renard does not hold up..when it was the potion that cause the deadly obsssession and they were unable to stay away from each other...
That's how I remember it too. Whether it was understood or unexpected, not sure, but the spell ultimately made Renard and Juliette irresistibly attracted to one another. Renard approached Rosalee at the Spice Shop for a counter potion before the attraction turned deadly. Renard could no more resist his desire for Juliette than she could resist her desire for him.

I thinks that’s why Nick didn’t overreact, he knew both were victims of the spell/potion. And without the initial potion Juliette may have stayed in a comatose state.
I do not excuse abhorrent behavior. The spell/potion "excuse" is malarkey. A police captain must live by high moral and ethical standards. He must have great self control. His relations with Juliette are a gross betrayal of Nick's trust. IMO Renard made no attempt to resist his desire for Juliette. A real man would shown full control and respected Nick and Juliette's relationship. He is not worthy to be Nick's boss.
Juliette's behavior was just as bad. Nick should have put her out on the curb.
Renard and Juliette were fully able to stay away from each other and were obligated to show respect to Nick. IMO they are both disgusting. They both betrayed Nick and cannot be trusted.
New Guy

UH? Hank was obsessed with Adalind and Wu was obsessed with eating innate objects after both men ate Adalind's cookies. Tongue

(06-20-2016, 06:48 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 05:18 PM)New Guy Wrote: Robyn and Kathryn,
If Hexenbiest spells were so powerful that no one could resist them then the world would be totally controlled by Hexenbiests. It is an individual choice to live by high moral and ethical standards. Renard will kill if it suits him. When Jack "possessed" Renard it was simple for Jack to get him to murder the hookers because his own moral standards are so low. His lack of any remorse for the murders shows how amoral he is.
The re-Grimm turned Juliette into a Hexenbiest. It didn't alter her morals. She just used it as an excuse to launch a tirade of hatred and acts of violence against Nick or anyone who tried to "help" her. IMO even if there had been no Hexen-side-effect Juliette may have implemented her vile acts because her hatred was already within her. The Hexenbiest simply amplified the severity of her heinous crimes. She enjoyed what she did and like Renard has no remorse because she also is amoral.
New Guy
So how does this compare to Nick under the influence of the Zombie spell? Nick was on a rampage, violent, hit Juliette, killed a man. The show supplied a contrived out for Nick, the man he killed had a knife. However, Nick, under the Zombie influence had no idea the man had a knife when he killed him. [b] Nick, the Grimm, unable to resist the Zombie spell influence, killed the man.[/b]

THIS! Big Grin

(06-21-2016, 05:11 AM)Chris Curran Wrote: Technically it wasn't rape as Nick willing did it

I disagree. If it wasn't rape, then why did Adalind have to turn herself into Juliette in order to fool Nick? Adalind could have shown up as herself and try to sleep with Nick, but she CHOSE to turn herself into his girlfriend.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - brandon - 05-21-2017

Adalind did not ruin life to Juliette. Gave him another perspective. Juliette did not see. It was difficult to Nick at the beginning,I think Juliette did not really love him. And Nick would feel guilty about it. The decision of Juliette was to hurt him for something that he was not blame.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Renardfan99 - 05-21-2017

(06-21-2016, 09:30 PM)syscrash Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 03:09 PM)Robyn Wrote: Nick is a grown man. If he’d truly wanted to turn himself in, Renard could not have talked him out of it.
What stopped Nick was, if Nick turned himself in that would mean they all perjured themselves. So rather then being the cause of his friend going to jail Nick chose to keep quiet. If it was only Nick that would have gotten in trouble he would have turned himself in.

Exactly.

(05-21-2017, 02:29 PM)brandon Wrote: Juliette should have had the good sense to end the relationship with Nick , before continuing to hurt others and herself. Unfortunaley she lost his sanity.

Juliette should have never reconciled with Nick after she found out the truth about his heritage and that means she was a WILLING participant from that moment on. She could have kicked Nick and the Scoobies out of her life, but she was a WILLING participant and whined when things went wrong. Juliette knew Adalind was a nut job, but she participated in helping Kelly leave town with Diana.