Grimm Forum
Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette (/Thread-Nick-and-Adalind-s-relationship-is-a-slap-in-the-face-to-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - brandon - 05-25-2017

Adalind made the contract with Stefania but that the contract gave Stefania the right to sell the baby with whom she wanted.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Loona - 05-25-2017

(05-25-2017, 11:40 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 04:40 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 02:30 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Rosalee even made mention of why Juliette became a Hexenbiest. In "Iron Hans", she said that Juliette was paying the price for them taking Adalind's child. Later in the episode, Nick has a look of shame on his face after Adalind said she only did what she did to him because they took her child away from her. Adalind did it as a result of the gang kidnapping Diana but she didn't do it for revenge. I think they were willing to work with Adalind on helping Juliette because they realized they all shared responsibility in what happened to her.

It struck me how much of a slap in the face the relationship was to Juliette when Nick gave Adalind her car. I thought that was kind of sleazy. Not to mention stupid for having Adalind drive around in a missing Juliette's car.

On the other hand, I think there was a reason Juliette slept with Renard and Kenneth besides showing how low she's sunk. I believe the writers wanted Nick not to give a damn how Juliette would feel about a relationship with Adalind due to those actions plus having a hand in his mother's brutal death. If anything, Juliette may have giving Nick more reasons to start a relationship with Adalind without feeling any remorse.

Adalind SOLD Diana in exchange for her powers and the Royal's were in their complete right to take the kid.

Two wrongs don't make a right. This is human, or wesen, trafficking we're talking about. Adalind had no right to sell her baby. Which also means that the Royals had no right to take her. The Royals bought Diana in what is equivalent to a Black Market sale. They had no rights to Diana. The Royals didn't adopt her.

To be clear, all of the adults involved in what happened to Diana before she was even two weeks old were in the wrong. The Royals don't get to have Diana because of the questionable morals of her mother.

(05-21-2017, 04:01 PM)Loona Wrote: Sean is not my problem : ) My problem is Adalind - if you rewatch it in binge watch everything makes a little bit more sense. And I need to say Adalind is naive and stupid - she is Hexenbiest and a lawyer. Adalind should know better.

Adalind should've known better but why is Sean not your problem. He's just as responsible for Nick and Juliette's turmoil as she is. Adalind is a Hexenbiest and lawyer but he's a Zauberbiest and police captain. She probably would've never had anything to do with Nick if it weren't for Renard. She'd probably be terrorizing some other dope that had no connection to Nick.

Adalind SOLD her baby to the Royal's in exchange for her powers and she reneged on the deal.

(05-21-2017, 04:40 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 02:30 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Rosalee even made mention of why Juliette became a Hexenbiest. In "Iron Hans", she said that Juliette was paying the price for them taking Adalind's child. Later in the episode, Nick has a look of shame on his face after Adalind said she only did what she did to him because they took her child away from her. Adalind did it as a result of the gang kidnapping Diana but she didn't do it for revenge. I think they were willing to work with Adalind on helping Juliette because they realized they all shared responsibility in what happened to her.

It struck me how much of a slap in the face the relationship was to Juliette when Nick gave Adalind her car. I thought that was kind of sleazy. Not to mention stupid for having Adalind drive around in a missing Juliette's car.

On the other hand, I think there was a reason Juliette slept with Renard and Kenneth besides showing how low she's sunk. I believe the writers wanted Nick not to give a damn how Juliette would feel about a relationship with Adalind due to those actions plus having a hand in his mother's brutal death. If anything, Juliette may have giving Nick more reasons to start a relationship with Adalind without feeling any remorse.

Adalind SOLD Diana in exchange for her powers and the Royal's were in their complete right to take the kid.

Two wrongs don't make a right. This is human, or wesen, trafficking we're talking about. Adalind had no right to sell her baby. Which also means that the Royals had no right to take her. The Royals bought Diana in what is equivalent to a Black Market sale. They had no rights to Diana. The Royals didn't adopt her.

To be clear, all of the adults involved in what happened to Diana before she was even two weeks old were in the wrong. The Royals don't get to have Diana because of the questionable morals of her mother.

(05-21-2017, 04:01 PM)Loona Wrote: Sean is not my problem : ) My problem is Adalind - if you rewatch it in binge watch everything makes a little bit more sense. And I need to say Adalind is naive and stupid - she is Hexenbiest and a lawyer. Adalind should know better.

Adalind should've known better but why is Sean not your problem. He's just as responsible for Nick and Juliette's turmoil as she is. Adalind is a Hexenbiest and lawyer but he's a Zauberbiest and police captain. She probably would've never had anything to do with Nick if it weren't for Renard. She'd probably be terrorizing some other dope that had no connection to Nick.

Adalind is an adult that chose to help Renard and could have told him to take a hike.

I don't blame Sean any less as Adalind - that was in an differently context. Just because I can't stand Nadalind doesn't mean I don't like her or blame her alone for everything! It sucks though the Nadalind love story... it's still annoying. And again Adalind isn't the only one to blame.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - brandon - 05-26-2017

What Rosalee said about why happened to Juliette is just something silly that most people are also told-
Adalind cast the spell following Victor's command,although quite angry would be when they refused to help her.
Clearly Nick should feel guilty when Adalind says in the precinct because she did.
Maybe Nick thought it would have been best if Adalind knew where Diana was.
Sean had Adalind attack Marie on the key.Do not take into account the human factor.
Adalind was acting on his own and Nick was also

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Renardfan99 - 05-30-2017

(05-25-2017, 02:16 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 11:40 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Adalind is an adult that chose to help Renard and could have told him to take a hike.

Adalind is an adult that chose to help her mother with a debt and could and should have told her to take a hike. Adalind was not even being paid for that season one stuff and that is part of why Adalind was so shocked at her mother and Sean rejecting her.

(05-25-2017, 11:40 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Adalind SOLD Diana in exchange for her powers and the Royal's were in their complete right to take the kid.

Adalind SOLD Diana in exchange for her powers to Stefania Vaduva Popescu. The Royal's were not going to pay Stefania Vaduva Popescu means they were completely wrong to take the kid.

Stefania was clearly getting paid by the Royal's or she would have never told them about the kid.

(05-25-2017, 01:41 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 11:40 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Adalind SOLD her baby to the Royal's in exchange for her powers and she reneged on the deal.

I know what Adalind did but that still doesn't give the royals any rights to Diana since they're not actually allowed to buy a person. Adalind never had any right to sell Diana so the royals had no right to buy her. No right at all!

(05-25-2017, 11:40 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Adalind is an adult that chose to help Renard and could have told him to take a hike.

I'm not disputing this at all. This has been brought up several times. I'm not absolving Adalind of any blame. She's guilty as hell! I'm saying, and have been saying, Renard should stop receiving a free pass by certain parts of the fandom. He's the mastermind. Renard deserves just as much blame as Adalind does. It doesn't make her innocent to acknowledge the part Renard played in all of this.

Renard is too sexy to not forgive!Big GrinBig Grin

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-30-2017

(05-30-2017, 02:39 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Stefania was clearly getting paid by the Royal's or she would have never told them about the kid.

Stefania at great risk to herself told Adalind to go into hiding IMO hoping that would give her leverage to be paid. IMO Stefania was only getting paid once the royals had the baby and once they had the baby they would not need her and the royals have history of killing people. I heard nothing from the royals or anyone else about giving anything specific to Stefania. If I missed something, please tell me where.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Renardfan99 - 06-02-2017

(05-30-2017, 02:55 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 02:39 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Stefania was clearly getting paid by the Royal's or she would have never told them about the kid.

Stefania at great risk to herself told Adalind to go into hiding IMO hoping that would give her leverage to be paid. IMO Stefania was only getting paid once the royals had the baby and once they had the baby they would not need her and the royals have history of killing people. I heard nothing from the royals or anyone else about giving anything specific to Stefania. If I missed something, please tell me where.

Why would Stefania seek out Viktor if she wasn't being paid for Adalind's baby? The best solution IMO, was for Adalind to regain her powers and Diana died.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 06:01 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Why would Stefania seek out Viktor if she wasn't being paid for Adalind's baby?

Stefania wanted Viktor to pay her but IMO when dealing with the royals in this show you need leverage. If Adalind had hided nearby like Stefania had recommended Stefania could have demanded the money first before Viktor got the baby. The problem was Stefania did not know where Adalind was so she can not get paid. Even when the king got Diana I am sure they did not bother paying her.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - irukandji - 06-03-2017

(06-02-2017, 06:27 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 06:01 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Why would Stefania seek out Viktor if she wasn't being paid for Adalind's baby?

Stefania wanted Viktor to pay her but IMO when dealing with the royals in this show you need leverage. If Adalind had hided nearby like Stefania had recommended Stefania could have demanded the money first before Viktor got the baby. The problem was Stefania did not know where Adalind was so she can not get paid. Even when the king got Diana I am sure they did not bother paying her.

Not to jump into the discussion, but I don't believe Stefania would work that way. She got Adalind to sign a blood contract before Diana was born. I can't remember if the contract was in place before Adalind got the biest or not. It doesn't matter because the process still showed Stefania had foresight. That being the case, she would have gotten payment from the royals before Diana ever left her tent. She was a queen. They're not going to reneg on a deal with her. The fact that they chased Diana all the way to America (where they had no business being) tells me they have an investment in the child.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 06-03-2017

(06-03-2017, 07:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: That being the case, she would have gotten payment from the royals before Diana ever left her tent. She was a queen.
Stefania was the head of Romani gypsies group and used Queen as title not Queen like a country. It may not even mean a large group or high status either (see below).

Adalind was forced to sign contract she before she got the biest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Gypsies
Wiki: It has also been suggested that in places where they were persecuted by local authorities the "King of the Gypsies" is an individual, usually of low standing, who places himself in the risky position of an ad hoc liaison between the Romani and the gadje (non-Romani). The arrest of such a "King" limited the harm to the Romani people.[1]

The title King of the Gypsies has been claimed or given over the centuries to many different people. It is both culturally and geographically specific. It may be inherited, acquired by acclamation or action, or simply claimed. The extent of the power associated with the title varied; it might be limited to a small group in a specific place, or many people over large areas. In some cases the claim was clearly a public relations exercise. As the term Gypsy is also used in many different ways the King of the Gypsies may be someone with no connection with the Romani people.

(06-03-2017, 07:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: That being the case, she would have gotten payment from the royals before Diana ever left her tent. She was a queen. They're not going to reneg on a deal with her. The fact that they chased Diana all the way to America (where they had no business being) tells me they have an investment in the child.

IMO no one tells the royals what to do and when selling babies/human trafficking IRL you do not get the money until transaction/trade takes place. When Stefania told Adalind to hide the only advantage to her was insuring her payment otherwise the only reason IMO would be Stefania really cared about Adalind. Why do you think Stefania wanted Adalind to hide from the royals?

The royals never kept a deal during the show grimm.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - syscrash - 06-04-2017

Stafania did not seem to have much concern about the
royals getting the baby. She was more concerned with having the understand she did not betray them. It seemed Stafinia was more concerned about the contract and Adalind being accepted. Now that we have seen all episodes. It is clears that What Stafania did is what made Diana and Eve possible. We only saw Diana and Eve able to open to portal. Adalind speculated she could because she was a hexenbiest. Yet we never saw her having any connection with the other place. The big question could, Zestora have become a treat without Eve and Diana. Considering without them no one would have known the other place existed. It seems the answer would be they where required. They where not needed for Nick to get the stick. Yes Eve and Diana saw the symbols on the cloth. Eve only saw a few but drew them all on the wall. That would say even with out the cloth Eve and Diana would have known about the symbols. So even though the stick may have been needed the cloth was not.

I would have like to have seen less ambiguity to Eve and Diana purpose in the final prophecy. I would have also have liked to have had Adalind doing a recap back to the contract an the ritual and tied all the chain of events to gather to show how destiny lead them to where they are now.