Grimm Forum
Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette (/Thread-Nick-and-Adalind-s-relationship-is-a-slap-in-the-face-to-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 11:13 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: No, it's not necessary. They chose not to with Bree Turner and they could have chosen not to with Claire but I think the allure of causing more drama in Nick's life was too much to resist.

Bree gave birth a little early so that is why her aunt got sick in seaon 2 unexpectedly.

207 29 "The Bottle Imp" Darnell Martin Alan DiFiore October 12, 2012
Synopsis: ... At the spice shop, Monroe finds out filling in for Rosalee isn't as simple as he'd hoped it would be.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Loona - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 12:07 PM)brandon Wrote: Rosalee did not have a partner yet and not a good idea as to why she would be pregnant. Instead Adalind pregnant would add spicier to. If Juliette became bad it could be more because Juliette was tired of accepting everything with a good smile.

This is not true and I must contradict you. If Nick had shown just a bit sensitiveness, and had not left her alone at the decisive moment, it would not have escalated as much as it had happened.

The last chance would have been at the police station. If he had passed Adalind to someone from his colleagues and talked to Juliette alone.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - rpmaluki - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 12:28 PM)Loona Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 12:07 PM)brandon Wrote: Rosalee did not have a partner yet and not a good idea as to why she would be pregnant. Instead Adalind pregnant would add spicier to. If Juliette became bad it could be more because Juliette was tired of accepting everything with a good smile.

This is not true and I must contradict you. If Nick had shown just a bit sensitiveness, and had not left her alone at the decisive moment, it would not have escalated as much as it had happened.

The last chance would have been at the police station. If he had passed Adalind to someone from his colleagues and talked to Juliette alone.
He still would have gotten between Juliette and Adalind even if he passed Adalind off to someone else so he could talk to her without her having to look at a pregnant Adalind. Juliette went from 0 to 100 in seconds when she made that threat.
Whatever Nick did, Juliette would have perceived it however she wanted and not at all like it happened, which at the police station is exactly what she did.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 11:23 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: It was worse with Bones since Emily was the co-star. I stopped watching Bones years ago but didn't she have a ONS with Booth which led to her getting pregnant because she got pregnant in real life? I believe that was the season six finale.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they cut a couple of seasons short because Emily got pregnant again. It greatly affected the show when she got pregnant. Much more than CC because Emily was the co-star.

I watched all of Bones. Yes, Emily's pregnancies timing greatly affected the show. I would like to point out that the author who writes the Bones books has the same degree and a similar job to Bones and she has 3 kids.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - rpmaluki - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 12:35 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 11:23 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: It was worse with Bones since Emily was the co-star. I stopped watching Bones years ago but didn't she have a ONS with Booth which led to her getting pregnant because she got pregnant in real life? I believe that was the season six finale.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they cut a couple of seasons short because Emily got pregnant again. It greatly affected the show when she got pregnant. Much more than CC because Emily was the co-star.

I watch all of Bones. Yes, Emily's pregnancies timing greatly affected the show. I would like to point out that the author who writes the Bones books has the same degree and a similar job to Bones and she has 3 kids.
I bought my last Bones dvd set at S7, could barely get passed S8, never went beyond the first few episodes of S9. I realised that I only ever enjoyed Booth and Brennan when they weren't together than when they got together (hated it when she disappeared with Booth's child) and they killed two absolute favourites of mine, Vincent Nigel Murray and Lance Sweets (by the time he died, I knew I'd never catch up with the show and I don't regret it one bit).

(05-22-2017, 11:04 AM)Loona Wrote: Just because the actress was pregnant doesn't need to bring it on the show ...
My question was not how to hide the pregnancy it was how to handle the "maternity" leave. G&K expected Bree and Claire to go to work with tiny babies like 2-4 weeks who were too young for day care. G&K had the writers keep the women by one set where their babies would be for weeks. If you did not want to pair up Nick and Adalind in season 5 what storyline would you have used in its place so the real baby got the care it needed on the set still.

(05-22-2017, 12:44 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I bought my last Bones dvd set at S7, could barely get passed S8, never went beyond the first few episodes of S9. I realised that I only ever enjoyed Booth and Brennan when they weren't together than when they got together (hated it when she disappeared with Booth's child) and they killed two absolute favourites of mine, Vincent Nigel Murray and Lance Sweets (by the time he died, I knew I'd never catch up with the show and I don't regret it one bit).

Bones rarely showed the kids in the show except when they were relevant to the plot. When we did see the kids they acted normally in Bones while Kelly was always an oversized baby in a baby carrier with lots of teeth yet he was not allowed to play or walk. Kelly's face in season 6 had a double chin only in the carrier likely because of how tight the baby carrier belt was. I enjoyed Bones equally for all 12 seasons.

I've come to expect not all babies are treated equally on tv, I've seen five year Olds practically strapped to strollers as long as Kelly was kept in his carrier scene. I figured there must be some regulation that dictates child safety on sets or the writers were simply lazy. If it's the latter, it didn't help that they never did the appropriate time jumps to coincide with the growth spurts of the little actors or hire fresh babies to keep the kids consistent to the story.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Hell Rell - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 12:44 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I bought my last Bones dvd set at S7, could barely get passed S8, never went beyond the first few episodes of S9. I realized that I only ever enjoyed Booth and Brennan when they weren't together than when they got together (hated it when she disappeared with Booth's child) and they killed two absolute favourites of mine, Vincent Nigel Murray and Lance Sweets (by the time he died, I knew I'd never catch up with the show and I don't regret it one bit).

Unlike Grimm, this is a show that lends itself more to shipping but I agree with you. I liked Booth and Brennan better when they weren't together and was fine with them never getting together even though it was pretty much inevitable.

Sweets and Mr. Nigel Murray were two of my favorites too. I kind of missed Zack in later seasons as well. I really didn't like the twist with him in season 3. I guess Sweets never told anyone else what Zack told him in season 4. I wish they would've revisited Zack in later seasons. He wasn't innocent by any stretch and deserved to be locked up but there were definitely reasons to revisit that storyline.

(05-22-2017, 01:22 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 12:44 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I bought my last Bones dvd set at S7, could barely get passed S8, never went beyond the first few episodes of S9. I realized that I only ever enjoyed Booth and Brennan when they weren't together than when they got together (hated it when she disappeared with Booth's child) and they killed two absolute favourites of mine, Vincent Nigel Murray and Lance Sweets (by the time he died, I knew I'd never catch up with the show and I don't regret it one bit).

Unlike Grimm, this is a show that lends itself more to shipping but I agree with you. I liked Booth and Brennan better when they weren't together and was fine with them never getting together even though it was pretty much inevitable.

Sweets and Mr. Nigel Murray were two of my favorites too. I kind of missed Zack in later seasons as well. I reallu didn't like the twist with him in season 3. I guess Sweets never told anyone else what Zack told him in season 4. I wish they would've revisited Zack in later seasons. He wasn't innocent by any stretch and deserved to be locked up but there were definitely reasons to revisit that storyline.
didn't the revisit Zack in the last season? I'm sure I saw a trailer of it some time last year, or maybe that was a fan made trailer which YouTube seems to have a lot of these days?

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Loona - 05-22-2017

With Bones I totally agree with you two. I always wanted that Bones and Booth coming together but as they got together - it was nothing more like it was when they weren't together...and when Bones take the daughter with herself and her father I could never fully forgive Bones for that. And I stoped watching within the 7th season. And watching just a few episoden after that. But it was never the same as before.