Grimm Forum
As per Greenwalt and Kouf apparently Eve is still just Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 5 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: As per Greenwalt and Kouf apparently Eve is still just Eve (/Thread-As-per-Greenwalt-and-Kouf-apparently-Eve-is-still-just-Eve)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: As per Greenwalt and Kouf apparently Eve is still just Eve - Hexenadler - 06-28-2016

(06-27-2016, 05:24 PM)Robyn Wrote: The only characteristic that separated Eve & Juliette is a name change. Juliette could have become a laser focused agent, a weapon. Juliette insisting she is now Eve is as stupid as Adalind saying to Nick after giving birth, I’m Cindy now and don’t have any connection to your past with Adalind.

G & K’s little trick simply allowed them to avoid dealing with the Nick/Juliette fallout in S5. G & K didn’t want Juliette choosing HW or a life without Nick so they turned her into Eve until they were ready to address the Nick/Juliette redemption story. It was a cheap trick and insulting & disrespectful to the character & viewers.

I don't think I'll ever forgive them for Eve's "stop living in the past" line from A Reptile Dysfunction. I know G&K didn't write that episode, but the entire concept of Eve was theirs. Just imagine a Holocaust survivor being given the same speech by a former S.S. officer inside a retirement home.

At the very least, they could've had Meisner conduct some kind of brain surgery on Juliette's frontal lobe in order to make her more compliant to HW's directives. THAT would have convinced me "Eve" was justified in believing she was a different person, even if Nick & Co. refused to buy it.

RE: As per Greenwalt and Kouf apparently Eve is still just Eve - Robyn - 06-28-2016

(06-28-2016, 08:57 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 05:24 PM)Robyn Wrote: The only characteristic that separated Eve & Juliette is a name change. Juliette could have become a laser focused agent, a weapon. Juliette insisting she is now Eve is as stupid as Adalind saying to Nick after giving birth, I’m Cindy now and don’t have any connection to your past with Adalind.

G & K’s little trick simply allowed them to avoid dealing with the Nick/Juliette fallout in S5. G & K didn’t want Juliette choosing HW or a life without Nick so they turned her into Eve until they were ready to address the Nick/Juliette redemption story. It was a cheap trick and insulting & disrespectful to the character & viewers.
I don't think I'll ever forgive them for Eve's "stop living in the past" line from A Reptile Dysfunction. I know G&K didn't write that episode, but the entire concept of Eve was theirs. Just imagine a Holocaust survivor being given the same speech by a former S.S. officer inside a retirement home.

At the very least, they could've had Meisner conduct some kind of brain surgery on Juliette's frontal lobe in order to make her more compliant to HW's directives. THAT would have convinced me "Eve" was justified in believing she was a different person, even if Nick & Co. refused to buy it.
I guess I’m just too stubborn to accept that Juliette had to be completely severed from her emotions and given a new identity regardless of the method used. In S4 I would have been interested in seeing the juxtaposition of Nick/Juliette and Nick/Adalind, and how Nick dealt with figuring out if a life with Juliette was even an option, if he actually wanted it, and how Adalind having his child affected his reasoning and decisions.

But to wait an entire season before the prospect is even put on the table? No thanks, I’m pretty much over it. Nick/Juliette? Nick/Adalind? I hardly give a flying fig at this point.

RE: As per Greenwalt and Kouf apparently Eve is still just Eve - brandon - 07-11-2016

might not return to his life as veterinary.HW charge could have sweeping everything.It would be better than a laboratory and had lived under another name

RE: As per Greenwalt and Kouf apparently Eve is still just Eve - syscrash - 07-11-2016

If Adalind can go back to being a lawyer. Why not Eve go back to being Juliette the vet. She was a vet when she first turned into a hexenbiest. The great thing about jobs on Grimm you never have to show up. You can even drop what ever your doing to work a case. You could have Juliette work as a vet during the day. At night she dresses as Eve and goes on covert missions with Nick. Together they work to take down Sean by disrupting his operations. Operations created by Sean that use a wesens abilities.

RE: As per Greenwalt and Kouf apparently Eve is still just Eve - syscrash - 07-13-2016

Trying to speculate on Eve season 6 I have gone back to season 4. Eve with feelings is Eve before HW, accept she has knowledge, understanding, and acceptance that she did not have before. Watching season 4 their response became a self fulfilling prophecy. Nicks guilt is perceived as rejection to Juliette. The more she feel rejected the guiltier he feels. In season 6 the guilt is eased because Eve has no regrets for what she is. And Adalind has paved the way for the idea of Nick being with someone who is a hexenbiest. Unlike Sean who enjoys being with a hexenbiest. Nicks aversion to hexenbiest will be a problem with Adalind and Eve. They are proud of being a hexenbiest. And would not be willing to have to hide it. Even using magic, Nick has an uneasy response. You never get the impression he is impressed with what a hexenbiest can do.

RE: As per Greenwalt and Kouf apparently Eve is still just Eve - crossbar - 07-15-2016

(07-13-2016, 05:48 PM)syscrash Wrote: Trying to speculate on Eve season 6 I have gone back to season 4. Eve with feelings is Eve before HW, accept she has knowledge, understanding, and acceptance that she did not have before. Watching season 4 their response became a self fulfilling prophecy. Nicks guilt is perceived as rejection to Juliette. The more she feel rejected the guiltier he feels. In season 6 the guilt is eased because Eve has no regrets for what she is. And Adalind has paved the way for the idea of Nick being with someone who is a hexenbiest. Unlike Sean who enjoys being with a hexenbiest. Nicks aversion to hexenbiest will be a problem with Adalind and Eve. They are proud of being a hexenbiest. And would not be willing to have to hide it. Even using magic, Nick has an uneasy response. You never get the impression he is impressed with what a hexenbiest can do.

I don't know. I still get the feeling that Adalind is not happy being a hexenbeist. She freaked out when her powers started to come back. She told Rosalee that she wants the hexenbeist gone because she likes being human and a mother more. She realizes what an aweful person the hexenbeist turns her into. So, I'm not sure on that.

My question is, What did the stick actually do to Juliette?

RE: As per Greenwalt and Kouf apparently Eve is still just Eve - syscrash - 07-15-2016

The problem is not that she is a hexenbiest. It is what having powers does. Not what you can do with them, it is the feeling of invincibility. This is what juliette found out. When you no longer fear anyone. It changes your outlook. You tend to say what you think. Take the bar. Where accepting the drinks would raise caution in most women. Juliette realized there is nothing he could do about it so why not. Basiclly Juliette was suffering from a bully mentality. She created a situation. Maybe even hoping for a chance to relive some anger.
Consider if you have the power to eliminate any threat. Yo would no longer be concerned about dangerous of situations. The writers showed Adalind with powers, without powers, and powers suppressed. What I found was without powers, Adalind was cautious of what she said and did. With powers she returned to being arrogant.