Grimm Forum
Eve's current state post finale - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 5 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Eve's current state post finale (/Thread-Eve-s-current-state-post-finale)

Eve's current state post finale - Zauberbiest - 05-21-2016

What do you think Eve's current state is?

First off, is Eve still a Hexenbiest?

Remember: Eve is not a natural hexenbiest like how Monroe is a natural Blutbaden. She was mutated/cursed/corrupted (however you want to call it) and "turned" into one using a potion. For all we know, the stick could have healed this "affliction."

Secondly, is Eve still Eve or is Juliette back?

When Juliette was abducted by HW, HW put her through intense torture/brainwashing/shock aversion therapy/identity reconstruction, or as Bitsie called it, "submission." Whatever unethical thing they did, they turned Juliette to an emotionless Eve. After Nick used the stick on her, "Eve" started having this massive seizure and finally started displaying emotions for once. In the sewers, she describes her current state of mind as being able to "feel everything." Did the stick heal her psychological trauma/damage caused by HW? And is the Eve persona gone? Because Juliette was the emotional one and Eve is the monotone robot. Now that "Eve" can feel, this must mean she is no longer Eve, right?

After the seizure scene, Trubel and other people still continued referring to the woman as Eve while in the sewers, and the woman, whoever she is now, had no objection to this at all. This suggests that Eve could still be around? Nick also called her Juliette once while holding her in his arms and she didn't react to this either.

Some fans believe their two identities converged to form Julieve or something. What do you think?

RE: Eve's current state post finale - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-21-2016

If Eve was created by inducing a disassociative state, i.e., "multiple personality," then "healing" that process would result in a merging of the two (or in Juliette/Eve's case, possibly three) different versions of her personality into one which would (hopefully) be more healthily balanced.

So far the writers have given us nice but somewhat bland Juliette the girlfriend, batshit crazy Juliette the raging hexenbitch and emotionless Eve the ninja terminator hexenbiest. I doubt very much that we're going to be seeing her turn back into any of those three again. They've been there, done that, and now they're going to try for something different.

RE: Eve's current state post finale - Elkhound - 05-21-2016

Also, although she didn't object to being called "Eve", she would have been in shock--after everythng she's been through, who wouldn't be?

Her fit was much more violent than the one Adalinde went through when Nick forced her to ingest his blood and her hexengeist (would that be the correct German term?) was expelled. I'm not sure what that meant, but I'm sure it is sigificant.

RE: Eve's current state post finale - Hexenadler - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 03:35 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: So far the writers have given us nice but somewhat bland Juliette the girlfriend, batshit crazy Juliette the raging hexenbitch and emotionless Eve the ninja terminator hexenbiest. I doubt very much that we're going to be seeing her turn back into any of those three again. They've been there, done that, and now they're going to try for something different.

Some kind of amalgamation of the first two personalities, maybe? A Hexenbiest who actually TRIES to be compassionate and civil, but turns evil if pushed?

RE: Eve's current state post finale - degrimm - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 04:37 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 03:35 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: So far the writers have given us nice but somewhat bland Juliette the girlfriend, batshit crazy Juliette the raging hexenbitch and emotionless Eve the ninja terminator hexenbiest. I doubt very much that we're going to be seeing her turn back into any of those three again. They've been there, done that, and now they're going to try for something different.

Some kind of amalgamation of the first two personalities, maybe? A Hexenbiest who actually TRIES to be compassionate and civil, but turns evil if pushed?

one thing we realized from eve(with little bits of juliette) is that she had always tried to refrain from people who are angry;

trubel in s05e20 and also nick in the same episode we took a jab against eve about kelly not being her son.

RE: Eve's current state post finale - jsgrimm45 - 05-21-2016

I think @Hexenadler is correct I would add she may be a more normal hexenbiest with less power more on line with Adalind. If Henrietta was still alive she may have been now been able to rate her power.

RE: Eve's current state post finale - syscrash - 05-21-2016

Eve with feelings and no powers is Juliette. That character is dead. Eve with feelings and powers would either always be atoning for her past. or she would be depressed.
The character progression.
Juliette - feeling only
Hexenette - feeling powers anger
Eve - no feeling no anger powers
Evette - feeling powers no anger