Grimm Forum
Renard's motives are still unclear - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Renard's motives are still unclear (/Thread-Renard-s-motives-are-still-unclear)

Renard's motives are still unclear - Kathryn Wooten - 04-30-2016

making it more than likely he is not in it for black claw...If Renard wanted to be mayor and BC was not in the picture...I believe he would still win. I remember the eppy , when Sean had those coins and it made him feel invincible and he came in in full uniform and everyone thought he would run for mayor thenj...I believe Renard just needed a little push.....but he knows now, that he is exspendavle just like Adaline if they did not comply oso that leaves us to is Renard really in with BC for mayor or he is pretending to go along with BC and being mayor is just a perk???
but the question still remains :Could Renard really be taking part in all of this just for the sake of becoming mayor? With only three episodes left in the season, we’ll be getting the answers to all of that very soon!

RE: Renard's motives are still unclear - jsgrimm45 - 05-09-2016

His role has been the most complex IMO of all characters. What if anything did the pure of heart potion do? Was it a one time thing or will this potion have some lasting effect? I wonder the same thing about Nick and that potion.

Likely nothing lasting but could be a question.

RE: Renard's motives are still unclear - syscrash - 05-09-2016

We will see the results but will not know Sean's motives. I do not get the feeling that Sean fears BC. I have always got the feeling Sean working with BC, he saw as and advantage that benefits him. Somehow this is going to end in a big change to Portland and wesen.

RE: Renard's motives are still unclear - Kathryn Wooten - 05-11-2016

(05-09-2016, 07:43 PM)syscrash Wrote: We will see the results but will not know Sean's motives. I do not get the feeling that Sean fears BC. I have always got the feeling Sean working with BC, he saw as and advantage that benefits him. Somehow this is going to end in a big change to Portland and wesen.

My guess when he talks to Nick his motive may be more clear one way or the other

RE: Renard's motives are still unclear - crossbar - 05-12-2016

I have a hard time reading Renard this season. My guess, I want to say that Sean is doing this for the power. I think, deep down he's always wanted the recognition that came with being a Royal. But, the Royal family never accepted him and he was shunned. So, if he can't be a royal or the King; well, I guess this is the next best thing.

He's using BC to get the Mayor's office. I don't think he gives a damn about BC and hopes that the scoobies kill them off. Thus, he'll be using the scoobies in a way too. Have someone else do the dirty work. And when all said and done, he's still mayor and didn't have to get his hands dirty.

RE: Renard's motives are still unclear - Kathryn Wooten - 05-12-2016

(05-12-2016, 08:30 AM)crossbar Wrote: I have a hard time reading Renard this season. My guess, I want to say that Sean is doing this for the power. I think, deep down he's always wanted the recognition that came with being a Royal. But, the Royal family never accepted him and he was shunned. So, if he can't be a royal or the King; well, I guess this is the next best thing.

He's using BC to get the Mayor's office. I don't think he gives a damn about BC and hopes that the scoobies kill them off. Thus, he'll be using the scoobies in a way too. Have someone else do the dirty work. And when all said and done, he's still mayor and didn't have to get his hands dirty.
I do agree with you in the promo when Adalind arrive..Renard made it clear that they are not in control of the situation. whether he willlet BC pull his strings. I doubt it...but I do think he is going to have his hands full with DIana ...seems she is going to do something, that both parents are going to regret she came back in their lives

RE: Renard's motives are still unclear - syscrash - 05-12-2016

We are right back where we where with the royals. Sean is working to mitigate the consequences of BC actions just like he keep a handle on what the Royals where doing. And just like Sean came to Nick with joining him over the keys. He is now asking the same thing over Kelly. As the show has made it clear. The characters keep doing the same thing hoping this time it will be different. Yet it always works out the same. Season 6 will see the group having reformed a working relation. They will work to stop the bad wesen who are out for them selves and human's who are against the wesen.

RE: Renard's motives are still unclear - Nickster - 05-13-2016

(05-12-2016, 08:30 AM)crossbar Wrote: I have a hard time reading Renard this season. My guess, I want to say that Sean is doing this for the power. I think, deep down he's always wanted the recognition that came with being a Royal. But, the Royal family never accepted him and he was shunned. So, if he can't be a royal or the King; well, I guess this is the next best thing.

Sounds like Renard.

He's projecting his abandonment issues against humans. A lone wolf who only cares about himself. That's why BC want him.

He's using his own daughter to get power.