Grimm Forum
I blame Kelly for creating a monster - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+--- Thread: I blame Kelly for creating a monster (/Thread-I-blame-Kelly-for-creating-a-monster)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

I blame Kelly for creating a monster - Kathryn Wooten - 04-30-2016

I blame Kelly (Nick's Mom) like I said Kelly is not the mothering type, she bathe her, clothed her and probably on a good day burped her and fed her, what Kelly did not help her with or show Diana the meaning of LOVE, empathy , compassion...All Diana learn to do is protect herself at all cost.. the only reason how the men that took Diana away from her care takers alive was the promise to give her back to her parents........Diana as we can see can do a lot of things saving people is not one of them. why????? she was never taught any other way and for that, I blame Kelly Burkhart for Diana's up bringing...Kelly taught Diana no other emotion, god for bid you better not cry it would show weakness or laugh or have fun....... She taught her only how to use her powers to defend herself, If Kelly showed her one other emotion it should have been empathy. The only emotion Kelly showed Diana is how everyone is out to get her, do not trust anyone . Diana absorbed all the negative things she was shown, but there was no one there to show her what life could be using her powers using another emotion . LOVE and since this was never shown to her. Diana may never learn it..and the person is to blame is Kelly she created a uncaring , ME, ME ,ME mentality Monster ,...and that was her undoing...since she never shown Diana how to love or show empathy or compassion for others . She did not know how to save others. That's why she did not save Kelly. Diana did what she was taught , she herself was not endanger to be hurt so she did not use her powers to save Kelly , But of course if she was endanger she would have defended herself , but only herself, She was NEVER taught empathy for others lol... Kelly probably told her it is a weakness to care for someone else , Kelly could have been alive today. No moral compass to go by Diana did what Kelly taught her to do save herself no one else matters , because if Kelly did not shown Diana how to care for someone else she wouldn't save anyone else , that's why she did not save Kelly's ...Kelly made the monster known as Diana and she paid for it with her life. Kelly create Frankenstein monster child.. and you know what Frankenstien monster did to the one that made him.....

RE: I blame Kelly for creating a monster - degrimm - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 04:39 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: I blame Kelly (Nick's Mom) like I said Kelly is not the mothering type, she bathe her, clothed her and probably on a good day burped her and fed her, what Kelly did not help her with or show Diana the meaning of LOVE, empathy , compassion...All Diana learn to do is protect herself at all cost.. the only reason the men that took her away from her care takers was the promise to give her back to her parents........Diana as we can see can do a lot of things saving people is not one of them. why????? she was never taught any other way and for that, I blame Kelly Burkhart for Diana's up bringing...Kelly taught Diana no other emotion, god for bid you better not cry it would show weakness or laugh or have fun....... She taught her only how to use her powers to defend herself, If Kelly showed her one other emotion it should have been empathy. The only emotion Kelly showed Diana is how everyone is out to get her, do not trust anyone . Diana absorbed all the negative things she was shown, but there was no one there to show her what life could be using her powers using another emotion . LOVE and since this was never shown to her. Diana may never learn it..and the person is to blame is Kelly she created a uncaring , ME, ME ,ME mentality in Diana when what Kelly should had done is raised a child with special powers learning all of the emotions not just one.

really interesting words and assessment-- i loved kelly burkhart that's why it pains me to say you are very right. being on the run/road you learn to be defensive; to protect yourself, sometimes empathy lacks and most of the things you said up there were all true so i also blame kelly burkhardt- she never had the motherly touch to care for diana; probably a reason she gave nick to her aunt marie

RE: I blame Kelly for creating a monster - tscchope - 04-30-2016

What are the two of you talking about?
Kelly took Diana to a safe house that eluded all royal attempts to find her. In Diana's case, everyone is out to get her.

Kelly took Diana with her back to Portland to help Nick. Empathy, love and caring all demonstrated.

Diana is part royal and part hexenbiest. That's predisposing her to being monstrous. All the royals have been monstrous to some degree or other. Aside from Juliette we've not really seen a monstrous hexenbiest. Elizabeth and Henrietta seemed quite nice really. Adalind's co-workers were presented as victims. Even Catherine was pleasant enough. Adalind seems convinced shell fight a losing battle with her hexenbiest when it fully re-emerges, but we've not really seen any evidence that the hexenbiest trumped the human personality.

How could I forget Frau Pech? Now she was a nasty piece of work, but not powerful enough to be really malevolent.

If there's one thing Grimms are good at, it's controlling their emotions and that's important for Diana who is only four, if they've aged ast the same rate as the show, and liable to tantrums. A temper tantrum from a hexenbiest as powerful as she is, isn't something you really want to be around.

RE: I blame Kelly for creating a monster - Robyn - 04-30-2016

Kathryn, you start really interesting discussions.

Given Kelly’s career/lifestyle it was only a matter of time before she came up against someone she couldn’t defeat. So to assume she’s dead only because she kidnapped Diana puts the event in a very narrow context. But. There aren’t any broken links in the chain of events leading from Kelly kidnapping Diana to Kelly’s violent end.

Considering what little we know compared to the large amount of background we don’t know about Diana, it’s difficult to say whether Kelly failed to teach Diana properly or if doing so was never possible.

Diana could be a victim of circumstances. Multiple kidnappings, growing up with strangers, living on the run, all these things might contribute to the way Diana turned out. Or, Diana could have been born innately evil and no amount of love and care would make a difference.

Just as likely, Diana is a child with the mental maturity and reasoning of any ‘normal’ child. She just happens to have enormous power. It could be that Diana is acting on her emotions, acting out like any child who’s afraid or not getting her way. The only difference is that Diana’s tantrums manifest in very frightening and violent ways.

Who can really know if Diana would be different if she and Adalind had gone into hiding with the Resistance? Adalind and Diana may have been on the run the same as Kelly and Diana. So would being with her mother on the run/in hiding have made a difference in how Diana turned out? The show only tells us how Diana turned out with Kelly and after two additional kidnappings, but it hasn’t suggested how or if Diana would have turned out differently with Adalind.

As much as I fault Kelly and Team Grimm for kidnapping Diana, I don’t think there’s sufficient evidence to support Diana is a monster because of Kelly.

RE: I blame Kelly for creating a monster - Kathryn Wooten - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 06:46 AM)Robyn Wrote: Kathryn, you start really interesting discussions.

Given Kelly’s career/lifestyle it was only a matter of time before she came up against someone she couldn’t defeat. So to assume she’s dead only because she kidnapped Diana puts the event in a very narrow context. But. There aren’t any broken links in the chain of events leading from Kelly kidnapping Diana to Kelly’s violent end.

Considering what little we know compared to the large amount of background we don’t know about Diana, it’s difficult to say whether Kelly failed to teach Diana properly or if doing so was never possible.

Diana could be a victim of circumstances. Multiple kidnappings, growing up with strangers, living on the run, all these things might contribute to the way Diana turned out. Or, Diana could have been born innately evil and no amount of love and care would make a difference.

Just as likely, Diana is a child with the mental maturity and reasoning of any ‘normal’ child. She just happens to have enormous power. It could be that Diana is acting on her emotions, acting out like any child who’s afraid or not getting her way. The only difference is that Diana’s tantrums manifest in very frightening and violent ways.

Who can really know if Diana would be different if she and Adalind had gone into hiding with the Resistance? Adalind and Diana may have been on the run the same as Kelly and Diana. So would being with her mother on the run/in hiding have made a difference in how Diana turned out? The show only tells us how Diana turned out with Kelly and after two additional kidnappings, but it hasn’t suggested how or if Diana would have turned out differently with Adalind.

As much as I fault Kelly and Team Grimm for kidnapping Diana, I don’t think there’s sufficient evidence to support Diana is a monster because of Kelly.

Well Diana at least was a toddler when that fateful day Kelly was murdered....she showed no emotions one way or another, until she showed it to King Frederick..and we know what happened to him

RE: I blame Kelly for creating a monster - jsgrimm45 - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 06:46 AM)Robyn Wrote: Kathryn, you start really interesting discussions.

I agree Kelly and the family at the house looked good to me. I believe but hope I am wrong and Diana is playing a role to protect those she does love, but if not then LBB is the monster not the ones who have tried to help.

RE: I blame Kelly for creating a monster - Robyn - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 06:55 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Well Diana at least was a toddler when that fateful day Kelly was murdered....she showed no emotions one way or another, until she showed it to King Frederick..and we know what happened to hi

True, but we don't know if Diana's behavior is a result of nature or nurture, or a combination of the two.

RE: I blame Kelly for creating a monster - Kathryn Wooten - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 07:16 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 06:55 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Well Diana at least was a toddler when that fateful day Kelly was murdered....she showed no emotions one way or another, until she showed it to King Frederick..and we know what happened to hi

True, but we don't know if Diana's behavior is a result of nature or nurture, or a combination of the two.
Sdly we may never know unless she has a whopper of a temper tantrum and let it all out

RE: I blame Kelly for creating a monster - tscchope - 04-30-2016

Kelly and Team Grimm did not kidnap Diana. The royals used the fact she had Diana as a way to kill two birds with one stone thanks to Juliette. Renard had no choice but to hand Diana over to Viktor. He then arranged for her rescue and entrusted Kelly with her safety. Kelly took Diana to a safehouse. They were not on the run.

They didn't tell Adalind because they didn't think she could keep Diana safe and that she'd tell the royals. They were right on both counts. Renard told Adalind that Kelly had Diana as was his right and responsibility. She told the royals in another one of those life or death situations she has an uncanny knack for finding.

Diana's got a fully formed hexenbiest in her, not one that is growing along with her There's an unusual combination right there.

RE: I blame Kelly for creating a monster - irukandji - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 04:39 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: I blame Kelly (Nick's Mom) like I said Kelly is not the mothering type, she bathe her, clothed her and probably on a good day burped her and fed her, what Kelly did not help her with or show Diana the meaning of LOVE, empathy , compassion...All Diana learn to do is protect herself at all cost.. the only reason how the men that took Diana away from her care takers alive was the promise to give her back to her parents........Diana as we can see can do a lot of things saving people is not one of them. why????? she was never taught any other way and for that, I blame Kelly Burkhart for Diana's up bringing...Kelly taught Diana no other emotion, god for bid you better not cry it would show weakness or laugh or have fun....... She taught her only how to use her powers to defend herself, If Kelly showed her one other emotion it should have been empathy. The only emotion Kelly showed Diana is how everyone is out to get her, do not trust anyone . Diana absorbed all the negative things she was shown, but there was no one there to show her what life could be using her powers using another emotion . LOVE and since this was never shown to her. Diana may never learn it..and the person is to blame is Kelly she created a uncaring , ME, ME ,ME mentality Monster ,...and that was her undoing...since she never shown Diana how to love or show empathy or compassion for others . She did not know how to save others. That's why she did not save Kelly. Diana did what she was taught , she herself was not endanger to be hurt so she did not use her powers to save Kelly , But of course if she was endanger she would have defended herself , but only herself, She was NEVER taught empathy for others lol... Kelly probably told her it is a weakness to care for someone else , Kelly could have been alive today. No moral compass to go by Diana did what Kelly taught her to do save herself no one else matters , because if Kelly did not shown Diana how to care for someone else she wouldn't save anyone else , that's why she did not save Kelly's ...Kelly made the monster known as Diana and she paid for it with her life. Kelly create Frankenstein monster child.. and you know what Frankenstien monster did to the one that made him.....

But we still have Juliette who started the betrayal in the first place. After last night's episode, do you see her as a pawn?