Grimm Forum
Wu - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Wu (/Thread-Wu--2456)

Pages: 1 2

Wu - jsgrimm45 - 04-16-2016

Now we see Wu having problems and he didn't have his own thread. Why hasn't he said anything to the scooby's? What is happening? Are we in for another human turned wesen? If so how are they going to expect this again we never learned how Juliette changed from the hat trick, so will they give us a way or let it be guess work again?

How will want is happening to Wu, is it a way to use the relic and find out another power of the relic?

RE: Wu - jsgrimm45 - 04-23-2016

Ok we now know Wu is a lycanthropia, but how did this happen? What will it mean to Wu? Will they relic save him or can he control it?

RE: Wu - Owlsrayne - 07-24-2016

I postulated in Wu Crisis, that since Wu is of Chinese ancestry that the bite he received caused his trans formation not into a Wesen but into a Chinese mythological demon called a "Hungry Ghost". I did some on-line research, and found lithographs of Ancient Chinese Demons. Wu's vogen transformation looks identical to the "Hungry Ghost".

RE: Wu - syscrash - 07-24-2016

Wu is not Chinese. He is from the Phillipines.

RE: Wu - wfmyers1207 - 07-25-2016

(07-24-2016, 12:47 PM)syscrash Wrote: Wu is not Chinese. He is from the Phillipines.

True, but the character is of Chinese descent, Chinese Filipino, there are a lot of them. About 20-25% of the total population of the Philippines. And they have been there a long time, predating Spanish colonization. They represented a wealthy merchant class primarily, but were often rulers. Smile Class dismissed. Big Grin

RE: Wu - syscrash - 01-15-2017

Eve response asking if Wu was ok at the end of season 5. Makes me think she knows about Wu transformation. I wonder if the show will have Wu being the one helping Eve with her identity crisis. Since Julieete was the one that help Wu when he had his mental break down. He would be the one person that could relate to being changed.

RE: Wu - MarylikesGrimm - 01-15-2017

(07-25-2016, 08:42 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 12:47 PM)syscrash Wrote: Wu is not Chinese. He is from the Phillipines.

True, but the character is of Chinese descent, Chinese Filipino, there are a lot of them. About 20-25% of the total population of the Philippines. And they have been there a long time, predating Spanish colonization. They represented a wealthy merchant class primarily, but were often rulers. Smile Class dismissed. Big Grin

Reggies Lee changed his last name since people were trying to hire him for hispanic parts. Lee is his mother's maiden name.

RE: Wu - Musai - 02-02-2017

Wu ROCKS!! I am going to miss his gallows humor. Heck I'm going to miss all the characters!

RE: Wu - Aunt Marie - 02-02-2017

(01-15-2017, 06:50 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

Reggies Lee changed his last name since people were trying to hire him for hispanic parts. Lee is his mother's maiden name.
Actually Lee is his grandparents name. His fathers name Valdez is of Spanish origin. His character is from the Philippines as he is.

I like Wu and have thought the stick might cure the virus or be a suppressant like it did to Eve.

RE: Wu - MarylikesGrimm - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 01:42 PM)Aunt Marie Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 06:50 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

Actually Lee is his grandparents name. His fathers name Valdez is of Spanish origin. His character is from the Philippines as he is.

I like Wu and have thought the stick might cure the virus or be a suppressant like it did to Eve.

Wouldn't Reggies Lee mother maiden name be the same as the grandfather last name?