Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 08:22 AM)Tara Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 05:13 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 12:32 PM)Tara Wrote: No I can't and will not accept it. Sorry, but I am a Nickliette shipper - and for me is Adalind the woman who ruined it for Nickliette and destroy everything by participating in the transformation from Juliette into a Hexenbiest. So why is Adalind the better woman for Nick instead Juliette? This is an honest question. I do not want to argue, but what makes Adalind different from Juliette?

I have always believed that Nick carried a torch for Juliette, even when she became Eve. When I saw the ending, I was convinced more than ever that if Nick could have gotten Juliette back, he would have. He was trying to reach her in Eve.

Of course, that isn't going to happen because she's Eve and no longer Juliette. I've been reading thoughts about Eve really wanting to be Eve and she's so independent and can do her own thing, laa tee daa tee daa.

But that's not it at all. Eve didn't make the decision to be Eve. Meisner did that to her. It's not that she doesn't want to go back. She can't go back. She's not allowed to.

Did you notice that while Eve said and continued to maintain that she had no regrets, Nick could not admit to the same? I have a feeling he will always love Juliette and that's a thorn that both Nick and Adalind will be forced to bear.

Yes, that's why I believe Adalind is just the runner-up. I know it's mean BUT it's my opinion. He first told Adalind, he loves her AFTER the talk to Eve (Juliette) not before. Why not sooner when he really loves Adalind?

Adalind is the runner up.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 04-10-2017

Watching season one it shows Nick as a very romantic guy. So what happened to that Nick in season 5 and season 6.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Juliette - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 08:38 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 08:22 AM)Tara Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 05:13 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 12:32 PM)Tara Wrote: No I can't and will not accept it. Sorry, but I am a Nickliette shipper - and for me is Adalind the woman who ruined it for Nickliette and destroy everything by participating in the transformation from Juliette into a Hexenbiest. So why is Adalind the better woman for Nick instead Juliette? This is an honest question. I do not want to argue, but what makes Adalind different from Juliette?

I have always believed that Nick carried a torch for Juliette, even when she became Eve. When I saw the ending, I was convinced more than ever that if Nick could have gotten Juliette back, he would have. He was trying to reach her in Eve.

Of course, that isn't going to happen because she's Eve and no longer Juliette. I've been reading thoughts about Eve really wanting to be Eve and she's so independent and can do her own thing, laa tee daa tee daa.

But that's not it at all. Eve didn't make the decision to be Eve. Meisner did that to her. It's not that she doesn't want to go back. She can't go back. She's not allowed to.

Did you notice that while Eve said and continued to maintain that she had no regrets, Nick could not admit to the same? I have a feeling he will always love Juliette and that's a thorn that both Nick and Adalind will be forced to bear.

Yes, that's why I believe Adalind is just the runner-up. I know it's mean BUT it's my opinion. He first told Adalind, he loves her AFTER the talk to Eve (Juliette) not before. Why not sooner when he really loves Adalind?

Adalind is the runner up.

I totally agree with you Tara and irukandji : ) But I would have like to see what would happen if the dialogue would be differently and Eve would not reject him.

(04-10-2017, 09:10 AM)syscrash Wrote: Watching season one it shows Nick as a very romantic guy. So what happened to that Nick in season 5 and season 6.

He lost Juliette, that's what happened to him.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Mrtrick - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 09:10 AM)syscrash Wrote: Watching season one it shows Nick as a very romantic guy. So what happened to that Nick in season 5 and season 6.

I just don't think he's back to that point yet. He and Adalind are kind of living under a cloud that doesn't fully part until the finale. I think you get a little taste of what they'll be, in "Blind Love". But in general, they never got to a place where the lighter stuff was explorable. I'm sure they found their groove over the coming years. After two decades together, they haven't lasted this long without enjoying each other.

No one's disagreeing that Nick didn't find some measure of love and happiness with Adalind. But he lost his heart to Juliette. As much as Adalind can do, she'll never replace that. As for Nick...well, he was the one with the regrets now, wasn't he?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Scully1987 - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 09:11 AM)Juliette Wrote: I totally agree with you Tara and irukandji : ) But I would have like to see what would happen if the dialogue would be differently and Eve would not reject him.

Juliette, that's would that would be a very interesting plot : )

(04-10-2017, 09:42 AM)irukandji Wrote: No one's disagreeing that Nick didn't find some measure of love and happiness with Adalind. But he lost his heart to Juliette. As much as Adalind can do, she'll never replace that. As for Nick...well, he was the one with the regrets now, wasn't he?

irukandji, this is exactly my opinion.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 04-10-2017

Adalind is not a replacement for Juliette. She occupies a new plave in his heart. It doesn't diminish what Juliette was to him so I don't see why it's necessary to diminish Adalind.

Juliette told Nick he loves Adalind and Nick said he thought he would go crazy without Adalind earlier in the season in back to back episodes. Adalind ending up with Nick doesn't make her a better woman than Juliette. It just means that she ended up with Nick and nothing more. I don't doubt Nick loves Juliette but he's no longer in love with her.

Juliette is not the owner of Nick's heart. Writing issues aside, Nick loves Adalind which would be hard to do without his heart.

I'm certainly not diminishing her.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 05:13 AM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='Tara' pid='54483' dateline='1491766346']

Adalind didn't have any issues with Juliette this season. She didn't feel any apprehension at Nick wanting to go in the mirror to rescue her. Adalind even volunteered to go and rescue her herself. There was zero jealousy on Adalind's part this season.

(04-10-2017, 10:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm certainly not diminishing her.

You referred to Adalind as the runner-up.