Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 10:49 AM)irukandji Wrote: It's a stalemate because neither side is able to convince whether the child is Nick's or not.

And unless Kelly does something Grimm-y to settle it onscreen, the fan argument will never end. As far as the showrunners are concerned they already told us he is Nick's when Henrietta told Adalind she had to have been with "someone" and the only person Adalind could think of in flashback was Nick. Nobody is going to raise paternity doubts in the next two episodes.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Grimmbiest11 - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 12:06 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 12:01 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Lol does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if Kelly is or isn't Nick's especially if it's never gonna be brought up. I bet the discussion is just to scratch our intellectual itch because clearly the writers do not care for that storyline. We can discuss it to death implying what the writers might have or might have not done but we will never know.

As for me I'm happy either way, Kelly's adorable and Nick makes a great dad, wouldn't have asked for more. Honestly I don't care.

That's really great. I get the feeling, however, that you (and others) are upset because not everyone shares your opinion?

Lol you're being funny, why on earth would I be upset? You don't know me that way. I'm actually finding the back and forth hilarious so I just gave my unsolicited two cents. Sorry if it came out wrong.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 12:15 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 12:01 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Lol does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if Kelly is or isn't Nick's especially if it's never gonna be brought up. I bet the discussion is just to scratch our intellectual itch because clearly the writers do not care for that storyline. We can discuss it to death implying what the writers might have or might have not done but we will never know.

As for me I'm happy either way, Kelly's adorable and Nick makes a great dad, wouldn't have asked for more. Honestly I don't care.

That's really great. I get the feeling, however, that you (and others) are upset because not everyone shares your opinion?

Lol you're being funny, why on earth would I be upset? You don't know me that way. I'm actually finding the back and forth hilarious so I just gave my unsolicited two cents. Sorry if it came out wrong.

Thanks! I actually was trying to get a laugh out of this. Always nice to know when I succeed.

(03-22-2017, 12:17 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 12:15 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote:

Thanks! I actually was trying to get a laugh out of this. Always nice to know when I succeed.

Thank heavens it was just for lols, cause I was like huh?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 11:36 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 11:01 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 10:49 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 10:40 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 10:33 AM)irukandji Wrote: But I haven't seen any arguments to effectively convince me that Kelly is truly Nick's baby.

There isn't enough time left in the series for them to discover that Kelly isn't Nick's.

It's a stalemate because neither side is able to convince whether the child is Nick's or not.

(03-22-2017, 10:47 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Nick most likely did the testing the first day at the hospital himself.

I don't think Nick gave it a thought, so it was never done.

DNA is so standard at police stations and procedural shows only DNA results are reported in the show if it has meaning.

If we learn about Kelly's powers that might answer your question too.
You have all been going round in circles for what....three/four days now and repeating the same exact points without resolution. It seems rather pointless to me, I would have called it a day by now.

I was apart of this discussion longer than I should've been. I can't believe this was one of the most ongoing debates. It's painfully obvious who Kelly's father is.

Somehow it just turned into Adalind slept around because I say she slept around and not because of what I saw on screen. She managed to have sex with some unknown man within the timeframe of her giving birth and getting orders from Viktor to take Nick's Grimm. Despite the fact, yes fact, that every man Adalind has slept with has been shown on screen because of their significance to the plot. She got extra horny in between the time of Diana being kidnapped and doing what Viktor told her to do in order to see Diana again which is all she was trying to do, but apparently not. This will all be revealed in the last two episodes with Zerstorer, Diana being sought after as a child bride, the origin of the stick, and the resolution of the ultimate battle as minor footnotes.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-22-2017

Which is why I am surprised it went on as long as it did as if they could ever retcon Kelly's paternity in two episodes which probably span less than a day, max. When, in that time, would they have time to discover Kelly is not Nick's son when Adalind's convinced he is and Nick's never even questioned it past the initial reveal at the police station?

The world is about to end, people are going to die, Diana's could be a child bride and barely a teen mom at the age of two and a half years but Kelly's (already settled) paternity is what we should really be worry about?

Lol now I'm just like

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[/code]

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 12:46 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Which is why I am surprised it went on as long as it did as if they could ever retcon Kelly's paternity in two episodes which probably span less than a day, max. When, in that time, would they have time to discover Kelly is not Nick's son when Adalind's convinced he is and Nick's never even questioned it past the initial reveal at the police station?

The world is about to end, people are going to die, Diana's could be a child bride and barely a teen mom at the age of two and a half years but Kelly's (already settled) paternity is what we should really be worry about?

Why not?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 01:08 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 12:46 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Which is why I am surprised it went on as long as it did as if they could ever retcon Kelly's paternity in two episodes which probably span less than a day, max. When, in that time, would they have time to discover Kelly is not Nick's son when Adalind's convinced he is and Nick's never even questioned it past the initial reveal at the police station?

Why not?
By all means, as you were.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Nicholas White - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 10:33 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 06:08 PM)Robyn Wrote: There wasn’t a scene that showed or even hinted that Adalind had sex with anyone other than Nick since conceiving Diana. I agree that if Grimm was continuing, G & K would likely have Nick suspect Kelly isn’t his in order to create woe-is-me Nick drama and damage the relationship. But in order for that to have any substance, they’d have to create a scene/flashback or have Adalind admit to something that wasn’t shown in S3 or S4.

If the writers wanted to throw a wrench in Nick/Adalind they could just as easily have her inexplicably become bad again and rediscover her Renard itch. The show has never bothered with foolproof explanations or motivations.

I thought it weird that the issue of Kelly's paternity hadn't come up, period. For one thing, Adalind showed up completely out of the blue to declare it was Nick's baby she was carrying. Most men would have demanded a paternity test in that situation. Instead, Nick says nothing because surprise, surprise, Juliette shows up just in the nick (no pun intended) of time to disrupt things. Conveniently forgotten.

When Elizabeth was making the reversal potion, she morphed into Adalind because, according to her, she felt slutty. Why make such a comment?

Just because we don't see Adalind having sex with anyone after Diana gets kidnapped doesn't mean it didn't happen. She had to get in touch with the royals before being assigned to take Nick's powers away. I can't say she didn't sleep with anyone during that time frame. It's not like going to bed with someone takes months and months. Adalind's skilled in the sexual arts. I can imagine she could make anyone go to bed with her, if she wants.

The other thing I thought was strange also involved Elizabeth. She specifically asked Rosalee for a birth control agent (I can't recall the name right off) when she's making the reverse potion. The episode made a point of Elizabeth asking Rosalee for the herb. Now according to the directions she's following, she's making the exact spell. The only difference is that Nick and Juliette must perform it in reverse. I wonder why Adalind is pregnant if Elizabeth used exactly the same spell.

Then we have the timing of the pregnancy itself, which is way off.

Finally, we have the creative team skirting around the issue of Kelly's paternity. Which, in my opinion, leaves it open for another time.

I know timeframes in series don't always adhere to real time. But I haven't seen any arguments to effectively convince me that Kelly is truly Nick's baby.

The actress and Producers/Writers already confirmed that Kelly is Nick's son. Also the only two people Adalind slept with is Renard and Nick. Not only was it not shown her sleeping with anyone else but she didn't have time to sleep with anyone else.

There wouldn't be any Paternity test going on because the writers already decided who Kelly father is. The writers wanted it to be Nick's. Regardless of how you feel the writers feel anther way.