Grimm Forum
Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" (/Thread-Interview-with-Bitsie-talking-about-Eve)

Pages: 1 2

Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" - Hexenadler - 12-17-2015

http://tvline.com/2015/12/16/grimm-season-5-spoilers-eve-bitsie-tulloch-juliette/

A few highlights:

Quote:Remember how Juliette was an animal-loving, tagine-cooking, friendly almost-fiancée? Yeah, Eve’s none of those things. The new character “is a weapon,” Tulloch says. “She is very badass, and she’s almost robotic… It’s not so much that she’s ruthless, it’s that she’s very calculated and all she’s focused on is getting the job done.”

That job — assisting Hadrian’s Wall — means Eve and Meisner have spent a considerable amount of time together. “She’s laser-focused as far as her mission, and Meisner has played a really instrumental role in training her and getting her ready for this.” Most of Eve’s learning curve, Tulloch adds, involved getting a handle on Juliette’s uncontrolled Hexenbiest skills. (Oh yeah, Eve’s still a ‘biest.) “The new character is all about reining it in in and utilizing this in the best possible way, not wasting an ounce of this incredible power that she has.”

It sounds as if the writers are trying to pull a "Fred/Illyria" thing with Juliette, which seems a bit dumb: For starters, Fred actually died in order for Illyria to take possession of her body, whereas Juliette never died in the first place. She's just been...retrained? Undecided In an incredibly short period of three weeks, no less.

These guys really need to get their Joss Whedon fixation out of their system.

RE: Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" - crossbar - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 08:07 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: http://tvline.com/2015/12/16/grimm-season-5-spoilers-eve-bitsie-tulloch-juliette/

A few highlights:

Quote:Remember how Juliette was an animal-loving, tagine-cooking, friendly almost-fiancée? Yeah, Eve’s none of those things. The new character “is a weapon,” Tulloch says. “She is very badass, and she’s almost robotic… It’s not so much that she’s ruthless, it’s that she’s very calculated and all she’s focused on is getting the job done.”

That job — assisting Hadrian’s Wall — means Eve and Meisner have spent a considerable amount of time together. “She’s laser-focused as far as her mission, and Meisner has played a really instrumental role in training her and getting her ready for this.” Most of Eve’s learning curve, Tulloch adds, involved getting a handle on Juliette’s uncontrolled Hexenbiest skills. (Oh yeah, Eve’s still a ‘biest.) “The new character is all about reining it in in and utilizing this in the best possible way, not wasting an ounce of this incredible power that she has.”

It sounds as if the writers are trying to pull a "Fred/Illyria" thing with Juliette, which seems a bit dumb: For starters, Fred actually died in order for Illyria to take possession of her body, whereas Juliette never died in the first place. She's just been...retrained? Undecided In an incredibly short period of three weeks, no less.

These guys really need to get their Joss Whedon fixation out of their system.

I agree , they brought her back WAY TOO SOON. I really don't think I'm going to be a fan of Juliette. And the writers are going to have a hard time getting fans of the show to buy off on this "Eve" character.

RE: Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" - New Guy - 12-17-2015

Hi Hexenadler,
Thanks for the link. So Bitsie thinks this Evil Eve is "intriguing?" When she showed up in the platinum hooker wig I found her to be disgusting. Her fake death drags the whole show down. The Grimm Brothers would be appalled. The moral of the Hexenette story should have been that betrayal of your friends will lead to ruin. The appropriate ending was a dead as a door nail Juliette in the arms of the only man who truly loved her. Followed by a real funeral not a dream.
Writing this only makes me more disgusted, so I bid you adieu.
New Guy

RE: Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" - grimmfan14 - 12-17-2015

They is so dumb. She's this unbelievable secret powerful weapon....and she became that in three weeks? four weeks?

Bitsie was a terrible actress and I hate this Eve plot already. It undermines everything they were trying to do.

Also, killing her was obviously a recognition that character wasn't working. But Bitsie is back because of David, so now we have this nonsensical twist and predictable path.

They are OBVIOUSLY going to have her regain her emotions. Otherwise what's the point of them insisting over and over that she has her memories still

RE: Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" - Sable677 - 12-17-2015

Thanks for posting. Based on this, I don't think I will be much of an Eve fan. I liked Juliette because she was kind, compassionate, strong, and willing to stand up for what was right and for the people she cared about. An emotionless weapon that looks like Juliette doesn't really interest me. How did they brainwash Juliette so fast anyways? I just can't believe that Trubel supported this. And if they do bring back her emotions eventually aren't we right back at the end of season four again with nothing resolved? I wasn't opposed to Juliette coming back but I wanted a redemption story not a science experiment. Hated the Fred story on Angel as well. Still can't enjoy season five Angel.

RE: Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" - eric - 12-17-2015

I think it is too early to see how the character of Eve/Juliette will develop. Most of what we have written is based on statements from actors, writers, producers, and promos of upcoming shows. I refuse to believe these fine folks would ever misdirect, lie or thrown sand in the fans' faces. I mean, like, I don't know, they would never show a clip of an upcoming episode with grieving friends and family at a funeral that never really happens, right?Big Grin I have enjoyed the unexpected twists and turns of this shows, and hope to see more in the future. Waiting for January whenever.

RE: Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" - syscrash - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 01:12 PM)Sable677 Wrote: Thanks for posting. Based on this, I don't think I will be much of an Eve fan. I liked Juliette because she was kind, compassionate, strong, and willing to stand up for what was right and for the people she cared about. An emotionless weapon that looks like Juliette doesn't really interest me. How did they brainwash Juliette so fast anyways? I just can't believe that Trubel supported this. And if they do bring back her emotions eventually aren't we right back at the end of season four again with nothing resolved? I wasn't opposed to Juliette coming back but I wanted a redemption story not a science experiment. Hated the Fred story on Angel as well. Still can't enjoy season five Angel.

There are a number of interviews out there that explain Eve. But people keep interpreting them to be saying that Eve is emotionless and or brainwashed.
The articles say no longer has the emotional attachment. This is a far difference from being emotionless.
Why people read HW training, and breaking her down as brainwashing.
People keep posting like the expect to see Eve the android.

What has changed is, Eve has gone for homebody to mercenary. She has gone from cautious to confident. Her personality is one of not caring what other think, she does not live to please others. She is 101% comfortable with who and what she is.

The people who have moral objections about the shows characters actions will have a ton to post about Eve. Those that hate Adalind for her lack of consideration and compassion will truly hate Eve. Eve's affect will be extremely flat.
Eve will come across as lacking humanity, but she will not be a psychopath. She will be deadly by not a killer. Even they she will kill with out hesitation.

RE: Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" - wfmyers1207 - 12-17-2015

As I posted on another thread the other day, I just don't get some Forum members!

Grimm is a show where people can instantly turn into monsters and magic spells work, but the idea of an organization being able to brainwash and train someone in a few weeks is unbelievable!! Tongue C'mon people!

I didn't want Bitsie Tulloch to return because I thought she was a poor actress. Wooden and uninspired. But, you know what? I think they may have actually created a role she will be good in. That of an emotionless automaton! Smile

RE: Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" - New Guy - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 02:25 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: As I posted on another thread the other day, I just don't get some Forum members!

Grimm is a show where people can instantly turn into monsters and magic spells work, but the idea of an organization being able to brainwash and train someone in a few weeks is unbelievable!! Tongue C'mon people!

I didn't want Bitsie Tulloch to return because I thought she was a poor actress. Wooden and uninspired. But, you know what? I think they may have actually created a role she will be good in. That of an emotionless automaton! Smile
Hi WF,
HW: Eve.
Eve: Yes Master.
HW: KILL!
So WF, will Bitsie need a teleprompter to get her lines right?
LOL
New Guy

RE: Interview with Bitsie talking about "Eve" - wfmyers1207 - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 03:33 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 02:25 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: As I posted on another thread the other day, I just don't get some Forum members!

Hi WF,
HW: Eve.
HW: KILL!
So WF, will Bitsie need a teleprompter to get her lines right?
LOL
New Guy

Probably not. But they may ask her to put more feeling into it!!Tongue