Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 03-05-2018

(03-05-2018, 11:23 AM)New Guy Wrote: These were all plot lines contrived by G&K grasping for reasons viewers to watch Grimm on Friday night. I continued watching to see Hexenette get her just deserts.

And therein lies the biggest problem: She never really did. Sure, she got shot up with a couple of arrows (that later turned out to be tranquilizers) and had SOMETHING done to her while she was imprisoned at HW headquarters (which was never clarified), but not once did the show actually convince anyone - except the characters in the narrative, of course - that Juliette was actually "dead." Ergo, she was never arrested, never taken before a judge & jury, never tried, convicted & sentenced, and never incarcerated or executed.

If serving HW as an operative was supposed to be a form of penance, then Meisner obviously needs to look up the word "penance" in his dictionary (assuming that square-jawed moron even kept one), because being brainwashed into a frigid automaton who kills even MORE people doesn't qualify. Don't tell me her guilt was sufficient punishment, because Eve made it pretty damn clear in season 5 that she was flat-out refusing to acknowledge any responsibility for Juliette's actions. They half-heartedly tried to correct this in season 6 when "Julieve" began to flashback to some of her previous crimes, but by then, it was too little, too late.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 03-05-2018

(03-05-2018, 05:35 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 11:23 AM)New Guy Wrote: These were all plot lines contrived by G&K grasping for reasons viewers to watch Grimm on Friday night. I continued watching to see Hexenette get her just deserts.

And therein lies the biggest problem: She never really did. Sure, she got shot up with a couple of arrows (that later turned out to be tranquilizers) and had SOMETHING done to her while she was imprisoned at HW headquarters (which was never clarified), but not once did the show actually convince anyone - except the characters in the narrative, of course - that Juliette was actually "dead." Ergo, she was never arrested, never taken before a judge & jury, never tried, convicted & sentenced, and never incarcerated or executed.

If serving HW as an operative was supposed to be a form of penance, then Meisner obviously needs to look up the word "penance" in his dictionary (assuming that square-jawed moron even kept one), because being brainwashed into a frigid automaton who kills even MORE people doesn't qualify. Don't tell me her guilt was sufficient punishment, because Eve made it pretty damn clear in season 5 that she was flat-out refusing to acknowledge any responsibility for Juliette's actions. They half-heartedly tried to correct this in season 6 when "Julieve" began to flashback to some of her previous crimes, but by then, it was too little, too late.

What kind of punishment do you think she should have endured?

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 03-05-2018

(03-05-2018, 05:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: What kind of punishment do you think she should have endured?

Something like Renard's arc in S6 would have been appreciated, with Kelly's ghost haunting Eve - or, if the actress was unavailable, an arc having Eve come face-to-face with relatives of the innocent neighbors who were slaughtered by the Verrat. I'm not asking for Eve's head to be chopped off, just an episode or two where she was forced to confront the direct consequences of Juliette's decisions in a brutal, inevitable way.

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 03-06-2018

I'll settle for never having a partner and still be an agent of HW.
and realize the disregard made to Nick.Her lack of confidence and belief that Nick could kill her,and also with Nick's friends

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 03-06-2018

(03-05-2018, 07:01 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 05:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: What kind of punishment do you think she should have endured?

Something like Renard's arc in S6 would have been appreciated, with Kelly's ghost haunting Eve - or, if the actress was unavailable, an arc having Eve come face-to-face with relatives of the innocent neighbors who were slaughtered by the Verrat. I'm not asking for Eve's head to be chopped off, just an episode or two where she was forced to confront the direct consequences of Juliette's decisions in a brutal, inevitable way.
Hi Hex,
If Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm were alive and NBC hired them to close the failed Juliette plot line would FrankenEve's head have been chopped off? If so, who would have performed the decapitation?
N G

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 03-06-2018

(03-05-2018, 07:01 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:

I have to admit, I never gave it much thought. I assumed Juliette's memories were held in some protective bubble somewhere in the windmills of Eve's mind. I further assumed that to access those memories would be extremely painful to her and that's why she never "went there". But she certainly would have had to pay the old memories a visit in order to attend Monroe's birthday party and know what he was to Juliette.

I'm not so keen on Juliette facing Kelly as a sort of confronting her fate any more than I was keen on Renard being visited by so called angel of darkness Meisner. Kelly was no more a saint than Meisner.

The neighbors on the other hand....I could go with a Scrooge storyline featuring each of them as a warning to Juliette.

RE: Eve/Juliette - dicappatore - 03-07-2018

(03-02-2018, 02:50 PM)Robyn Wrote: Am I completely confused about what happened to Juliette? I thought:

1) Adalind’s spell put Juliette in a coma that would likely result in death

2) Catherine came up with up with a spell that would allow Renard to wake Juliette with a kiss which resulted in Renard and Juliette having an attraction that would result in them eventually killing each other

3) Rosalee came up with a spell that broke the R/J attraction and restored Juliette’s memory, but caused weird hallucinations/happenings for a while

Yes? No? Sort of?

If I’m even close to remembering this correctly, what exactly did Juliette do other than not get angry at Nick and hold him responsible for what happened to her?

Sorry, late to the party. Lost power since the 2nd of March. This is an easy one Robyn. What did Juliette do besides get angry at Nick and hold him responsible?

First, She had no reasons to be angry because in Season 2, she was un-aware of Nick's Grimm life. And why was that? Because SHE, did not trust him when he tried to tell her about his Grimm world before she went into her coma.

Before that, she was scratched, Juliette was unable to trust her partner in life, Nick, that the scratch was from a cat belonging to a witch. As he did try to tell her.

And if it wasn't for Nick getting Rosalee involved and get the cleansing potion work done, like you said, Juliette and Sean would have ended up killing each other.

I do blame Nick for the late attempt to tell her about the Wesen world around her but there is plenty of blame on her part too for not trusting her man once he did try to come clean. Please, you know better than to just blame Nick. They both had plenty of blame to go around. Don't try to make it all Nick's fault and no blame on her.

(03-03-2018, 10:45 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Then how exactly is that my fault I’m no mind reader. I apologize for not reading minds

You SLACKER, you seem pretty good at reading my mind? Maybe, just maybe, there has to be a mind there, to read? ROFLMAO

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 03-07-2018

(03-07-2018, 10:37 AM)dicappatore Wrote: You SLACKER, you seem pretty good at reading my mind? Maybe, just maybe, there has to be a mind there, to read? ROFLMAO
Hey Dicap,
Are you having fun at the expense of elderly folk?
After you are done Rolling in Laughter, how would you answer the questions I posed in #695? The answers should be soundly in your domain, Dicappatore. Rolleyes
N G

RE: Eve/Juliette - dicappatore - 03-07-2018

Sorry, but when I saw your post my eyes read it and in a blink I moved on, since it was too simplistic for me to ponder.

(03-07-2018, 11:49 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 10:37 AM)dicappatore Wrote: You SLACKER, you seem pretty good at reading my mind? Maybe, just maybe, there has to be a mind there, to read? ROFLMAO
Hey Dicap,
Are you having fun at the expense of elderly folk?
After you are done Rolling in Laughter, how would you answer the questions I posed in #695? The answers should be soundly in your domain, Dicappatore. Rolleyes
N G

WTF, do you really need me to answer that? That is so flocking obvious. Have you watched the "The Tudors" series? Juliette would have met what many of the "Henry the VIII" wives met with some of their acquaintances!

Alternate Answer.
Your question reminds me of my early days in High School math such as solving the "Pythagorean Theorem. Before attacking the problem you are required a certain amount of information to start with. As I recall, those facts were called "Given". so in answering your question;
Quote:Hi Hex,
If Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm were alive and NBC hired them to close the failed Juliette plot line would FrankenEve's head have been chopped off? If so, who would have performed the decapitation?
N G
Her head separating from her sweet neck is a "GIVEN"!
As for who would do the chopping? Who cares, if I had to pick? Jacob, Wilhelm (Willy) like the dog Patton named, just isn't mean enough.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 04-10-2018

People over look a given provided in the show when it comes to hexenbiest fighting Grimms. Remember when Kelly was confronted with the information that Sean was involved with going after her sister. Both of there attitude was it was a hexenbiest vs grimm conflict which makes it understandable. This make Juliette vs Kelly fit into the same frame work of logic. this idea that it's different because it was Nick mother. or that Juliette knew Kelly or Nick does not consider the givens. Remember at the time Juliette was a hexenbiest, not Juliette. We know this is a given because when she first went to the spice shop and exposed what she was, she explained she was losing herself.

Remember in the world of wesen there is no wesen on wesen crime. In the world of wesen it is the survival of the fittest. How many times did we hear Monroe and Rosalee say maybe Nick needs to let this case go.