Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hell Rell - 10-18-2016

(10-18-2016, 11:29 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: As stupid as the glasses are as a disguise at least their purpose is explained within the story. It's like hiding something in plain sight, using a pair of glasses to fool people so they won't make a connection between their dorky selves (Clark and Kara) and their super alter egos. I can't say Eve's wigs serve any purpose. They are a weird prop they haven't bothered to explain on the show other than something they use to try and convince us that somehow Eve isn't Juliette. The people that look at Kara and supergirl literally believe they are two separate people, they look at Juliette and Eve and see the same person. The wigs are completely pointless.

I think the writers want viewers to see those wigs as some sort of "superhero" like costume with a similar effect as tights and a cape but they just come off ridiculous because we don't know why she wears the red as opposed to the platinum blonde or the bubblegum blue at any given moment since those around her see Juliette who's just disassociated.

For the record, the hero with the dumbest disguise is Robin. He doesn't even wear a mask that covers his entire face. The least believable thing about Batman is that he allows this to happen.

The glasses have always been a bit hard to swallow but you nailed their purpose so I don't need to repeat that part. I will add that the the possibility of Supergirl wearing glasses wouldn't be feasible to most people. They would never suspect that she would wear glasses because she has the best eyesight on the planet. People simply couldn't conceive why she would act normal at all let alone dorky.

I'm not saying anyone would do this in reality because it would be such a risky thing to do and they would most likely be found out eventually but it's not quite like the wigs which aren't meant to be conspicuous outside of the brown wig.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 10-18-2016

The wigs would not stand out. In the days where a lot of people ware hair of all different colors. Even rainbow does not get a second look. When was the last time you heard someone call a mohawk strange. Having on the tight leather would draw more attention then the wig. Not that it is strange but would gather the same attention as a short skirt. or stretch pants.
who does not have frosted tips. Ten years ago you would have been the talk of the town. The same with tattos.

RE: Eve/Juliette - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-19-2016

The wigs were explained early on last season as simply being to reduce the chance that she might be recognized if she was spotted in public by someone who knew Juliette.

And here in Portland, women - or for that matter, men - with heavy makeup and colored wigs would not stand out very much.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 10-19-2016

(10-19-2016, 12:21 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The wigs were explained early on last season as simply being to reduce the chance that she might be recognized if she was spotted in public by someone who knew Juliette.

And here in Portland, women - or for that matter, men - with heavy makeup and colored wigs would not stand out very much.
Hi Face,
If the hooker wigs are "to reduce the chance that she might be recognized if she was spotted in public by someone who knew Juliette," then how well do they work? Here is the final scene from 5.06, Wesen Nacht, where Nick first sees FrankenEve:
Quote:[Nick turns around just as Dallas Cruz comes up from behind, and he backhands Dallas across the face. The two briefly grapple, but Dallas gains the advantage and headbutts Nick and throws him to the ground. He picks up a pipe, steps on Nick's chest, and is just about to attack Nick, when he is telekinetically lifted high into the air]
Hank: We go out.
Renard: Yeah.
[Dallas screams as he is dropped to the ground, while the others come out of the room. They then see a person in the shadows. The person starts walking forward out of the darkness]
Nick: Juliette?
[Juliette, in a blonde wig, quickly leaves]
Even dufus Nick recognized her. Wink
[Image: latest?cb=20160129185054]
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 10-19-2016

Nick was the only one that recognized her. Outside the others doubted it was Juliette. Even Nick said he had to check with Trubel. Monroe talking to Rosales said she looked different. Rosales has said that is not Juliette.
Juliette is not in hiding she just does not want to be recognized.

RE: Eve/Juliette - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-19-2016

(10-19-2016, 06:06 AM)New Guy Wrote: If the hooker wigs are "to reduce the chance that she might be recognized if she was spotted in public by someone who knew Juliette," then how well do they work?

Not very well with anyone who knew Juliette well, especially if she stepped into the light and stood still long enough. But with someone who just knew Juliette casually, say someone who brought a pet to her in the past, the wig, makeup and wardrobe change would probably be good enough if it was just a brief sightingt.

It was my impression that Eve revealed herself to Nick deliberately in that warehouse. She certainly didn't need to give him that good a look at her if she didn't want to.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 10-20-2016

G & K probably thought the Eve angle was a lot more clever than it turned out to be. "Look how ballsy we are! We killed Juliette! Except we didn't." It was a poorly planned creative decision that pissed off Juliette's fans and her haters in one fell swoop.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 10-20-2016

The crate problem came when making her a hexenbiest. As she was going throw the transition people only saw Juliette. Every thing she did was judge as why did juliette do that. The decision to visually separate juliette from the hexenbiest was so people would see the difference. Yet people still see her as Juliette. The even had Eve extremely robotic in the beginning. Then slowly becoming more interactive showing a personality. Even that people can not cut the Juliette thread. I am wondering how people will take a socialized Eve. I bet people will be convinced Juliette is back and writers lied about Juliette dying.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 01:17 PM)syscrash Wrote: I bet people will be convinced Juliette is back and writers lied about Juliette dying.

Uh...they did lie about Juliette dying. That's what I said in my previous post.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 10-20-2016

the only way she could be juliette is if she is no longer a hexenbiest.