Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - Breezie - 06-02-2016

I believe the stick is powerful enough to 'heal' Juliette of her Hexenbeast, which leaves her extremely vulnerable. I speculate Juliette will be killed out of the show. In my opinion, this actress is a weak link in this group of very talented actors. Just my opinion. I have seen every episode of seasons 1-4, and am working on Season 5. Every time I watch an episode, I notice things I missed before.
Breezie

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 09:08 AM)Breezie Wrote: I believe the stick is powerful enough to 'heal' Juliette of her Hexenbeast, which leaves her extremely vulnerable. I speculate Juliette will be killed out of the show. In my opinion, this actress is a weak link in this group of very talented actors. Just my opinion. I have seen every episode of seasons 1-4, and am working on Season 5. Every time I watch an episode, I notice things I missed before.
Breezie
I would agree the relic likely had the power to kill the hexenbiest spirit but I don't think it did. It only undone the work Meisner did to make Eve. Now the question will be what happens now is Juliette back but in control of the hexen spirit or are we back to the Juliette that we seen with Kenneth?

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 09:08 AM)Breezie Wrote: I believe the stick is powerful enough to 'heal' Juliette of her Hexenbeast, which leaves her extremely vulnerable. I speculate Juliette will be killed out of the show. In my opinion, this actress is a weak link in this group of very talented actors. Just my opinion. I have seen every episode of seasons 1-4, and am working on Season 5. Every time I watch an episode, I notice things I missed before.
Breezie
Hi Breezie,
Welcome to Grimm Forum.
There are many threads in the Forum and several currently "in play" are discussing redemption. The characters are guilty many vile acts including murder. This thread "Eve/Juliette" seemed to be the place to ask some questions about her:
1. Before the cat scratch fever, do you believe Juliette Silverton, DVM loved Nicholas Burkhardt?
2. How would you have changed Bitsie Tulloch's portrayal of Juliette to make your reply to #1 convincing to the Forum?
3. After she became Hexenette in season 4 was she (Juliette) responsible for all the hateful acts she did?
4. Did Juliette die in 4.22?
5. Is FrankenEve actually Juliette?
6. FrankenEve exists in Juliette's body and has all of Juliette's memories. Is she responsible for the hateful acts Hexenette did in season 4?
7. What could Bitsie change about her portrayal of Eve to convince the characters and viewers that Juliette died, that she has no guilt for anything Hexenette did and has no need to seek "redemption?"
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - Breezie - 06-02-2016

I understand what you are saying. The most important clue is, nobody knows how powerful the stick is. The reasons I believe the stick will remove the hexenbiest powers are; 1. Juliette was not born a hexenbiest, it is not a natural state for her, therefore, she could be 'healed', 2. The seven knights hid the stick because of its immense power, to do what, remains a mystery, but due to how it was hidden, it would have to be very powerful, possibly powerful enough to take away a Grimm's powers? There is a wesen that heals, so I speculate it can do so much more.
I love having Grimm fans to talk to and speculate with!! I am so excited for season 6.

(06-02-2016, 12:54 PM)New Guy Wrote:
Breezie
Hi Breezie,
Welcome to Grimm Forum.
There are many threads in the Forum and several currently "in play" are discussing redemption. The characters are guilty many vile acts including murder. This thread "Eve/Juliette" seemed to be the place to ask some questions about her:
1. Before the cat scratch fever, do you believe Juliette Silverton, DVM loved Nicholas Burkhardt?
2. How would you have changed Bitsie Tulloch's portrayal of Juliette to make your reply to #1 convincing to the Forum?
3. After she became Hexenette in season 4 was she (Juliette) responsible for all the hateful acts she did?
4. Did Juliette die in 4.22?
5. Is FrankenEve actually Juliette?
6. FrankenEve exists in Juliette's body and has all of Juliette's memories. Is she responsible for the hateful acts Hexenette did in season 4?
7. What could Bitsie change about her portrayal of Eve to convince the characters and viewers that Juliette died, that she has no guilt for anything Hexenette did and has no need to seek "redemption?"
New Guy
Hi,
Thank you for the information. I just started on this forum today, and negotiating the threads is very confusing as well as daunting. I will quickly answer the questions above.
1. Not convincingly
2. The actress is too stiff and unnatural, with little affect. This actress is better as Eve because of these characteristics, in my opinion. Bitsie did not seem to me to feel comfortable in her roll as Juliette.
3. No, but, her acts are no less horrifying, but not to the point where Nick could not forgive her. David Guintoli displays great affect as well as compassion, albeit still very naive.
4. No, I do not believe she died. She was turned into a weapon.
5. Yes and no. From what I understand, she went through a great deal of trauma at the hands of HW, and as a person suffering with PTSD, I can attest there is a certain amount of dissociation. She told Nick the reason she is Eve is because she is starting over. This tells me she is Juliette, but disconnected.
6. See question 4.
7.Bitsie portrayed Eve better than she did Juliette. See question 2.

'Convincing' forum readers is not a requirement I hope, as we all perceive the world differently, due to our unique experiences. Opinions are not fact based, so debating feelings is pointless. Feelings just are.
Thank you for replying and I look forward to reading your responses to these same questions, so I can see from your perspective.

Breezie

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 06-03-2016

Hi Breezie,
Thanks for your reply. You commented:
Quote:1. Juliette was not born a hexenbiest, it is not a natural state for her, therefore, she could be 'healed', 2. The seven knights hid the stick because of its immense power, to do what, remains a mystery, but due to how it was hidden, it would have to be very powerful, possibly powerful enough to take away a Grimm's powers?
So far, we have only seen the stick's power to heal physical injury; Monroe, FrankenEve and Nick. The cloth said the stick was both miraculous and dangerous.
Since this is Grimm and fantasy rules apply, the writers could give the stick the power to do anything needed to move the plot. If we only have 13 more episodes they need to write quickly.
I am curious about your response to "3. After she became Hexenette in season 4 was she (Juliette) responsible for all the hateful acts she did?" You said:
Quote:3. No, but, her acts are no less horrifying, but not to the point where Nick could not forgive her. David Guintoli displays great affect as well as compassion, albeit still very naive.
Are you saying she is not responsible? If she is not, then who is responsible?
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 07-11-2016

I think i am starting to see what people are having a problem with. It seems the comments center around this lack of perceived Justice. This comes from the idea that actions have consequences.
Here is the problem you can not apply social justice to the wesen world. No more then a fox hunting a rabbit is murder. The show has shown many times wesen live by a simple rule. Kill or be killed. How many times has monroe when mad said he will kill. Why do people assume he means figuratively. Whenever Monroe is confronted it never ends in injury. It always ends in death. The same with the other wesen. Out of five season not one wesen attack has ended in injury only death. You are talking about a culture where hunting for entertainment is accepted. Take the episode the Rat King. Both Monroe and Rosalee both took the position of that is the way it is. even on the trip to Germany Monroe was telling Nick how his family used to hunt there.

I also think I figured out the problem with Juleitte in season 3. In season 2 they showed how strong she is mentally. Even with all that was going on she always maintained her professional persona. Never getting overly excited. Some saw that as Juliette appearing dull. Season 3 seemed to want to showcase Juliette's knowledge. But how this was done seemed off for some reason. With Rosalee her knowledge when delivered feels mystical as it should. In season three they had Juliette being this excitable individual when she finds the answer to their problems. The synchronicity episode was a good example of an excited delivery. By season 4 she had went back to her professional persona.

RE: Eve/Juliette - wfmyers1207 - 07-11-2016

(06-03-2016, 05:04 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Breezie,
Thanks for your reply. You commented:
Quote:1. Juliette was not born a hexenbiest, it is not a natural state for her, therefore, she could be 'healed', 2. The seven knights hid the stick because of its immense power, to do what, remains a mystery, but due to how it was hidden, it would have to be very powerful, possibly powerful enough to take away a Grimm's powers?
So far, we have only seen the stick's power to heal physical injury; Monroe, FrankenEve and Nick. The cloth said the stick was both miraculous and dangerous.
Since this is Grimm and fantasy rules apply, the writers could give the stick the power to do anything needed to move the plot. If we only have 13 more episodes they need to write quickly.
I am curious about your response to "3. After she became Hexenette in season 4 was she (Juliette) responsible for all the hateful acts she did?" You said:
Quote:3. No, but, her acts are no less horrifying, but not to the point where Nick could not forgive her. David Guintoli displays great affect as well as compassion, albeit still very naive.
Are you saying she is not responsible? If she is not, then who is responsible?
New Guy

I see being a hexenbiest as somewhat akin to being an addict. Adalind for example said that it was seductive and hard to control the power. That it drove someone to do evil.
However, an addict is still responsible for their actions! They can't just walk away from it and say "I was under the influence. Not my fault." Doesn't work that way. Sad

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 08:40 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: However, an addict is still responsible for their actions! They can't just walk away from it and say "I was under the influence. Not my fault." Doesn't work that way. Sad

Damn straight. I'm still amazed Nick didn't punch Eve in the throat when she tried to claim her crimes were committed by a different person. Gotta love lazy writing.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 09:02 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 08:40 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: However, an addict is still responsible for their actions! They can't just walk away from it and say "I was under the influence. Not my fault." Doesn't work that way. Sad

Damn straight. I'm still amazed Nick didn't punch Eve in the throat when she tried to claim her crimes were committed by a different person. Gotta love lazy writing.
Hello Hex and WF,
You knew I would agree, mostly.
I recall that David Greenwalt Jim Kouf (G&K) said they would make Hexenette "dark." Indeed, by the end of season 4 she was so "dark" that even Nick said to "kill her." When Trubel shot her many of us celebrated. It was a perfect ending for her. We waited for the funeral that the NBC promo was showing.
Then in season 5 Hexenette's corpse becomes FrankenEve. Yuck! So now we have Juliette/Hexenette/FarnkenEve who "claims her crimes were committed by a different person." So the despicable Hexenette became the doubly despicable Frankeneve.
What croc of cra* will they present in season 6 when the all new, triply despicable Juliette/Hexenette/FrankenEve/Whatever comes on our TV screens? Keep your barf bucket handy!
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 07-11-2016

I think Juliette always had darkness in his soul.You do not need to be a "Wesen" to be so.or to understand.as the police said, "because you're not a" Wesen "can not understand.He said something like that.or being gay or black to understand.people who say so, I think it is considered less.