Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hell Rell - 04-16-2016

(04-16-2016, 04:08 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-16-2016, 01:23 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: On another note, it bothers me more and more seeing the gang refer to her as Eve when she's not in the room with them. I can't believe none of them think it's ridiculous to not call her Juliette when not in her presence.

Not to me. These people gave her up for dead mid-season last year. They've shown little to no interest in her since then. In their mind, she's dead. She says she's another person. They say, okay, and leave it at that. Credit it to a show about magic, not real life.

I laughed at this for a good minute! Sadly, there is probably a lot of truth in this statement. As far I'm concerned, her momma named her Juilette so I'm gon call her Juliette.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 04-16-2016

(04-16-2016, 04:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I laughed at this for a good minute! Sadly, there is probably a lot of truth in this statement. As far I'm concerned, her momma named her Juilette so I'm gon call her Juliette.

Good! This forum needs laughter. When Monroe said something to the effect of Juliette/Eve having a split personality, I knew Grimm was going to take the cowardly way out and leave it at that. What I would have liked to have seen was for Nick not to just dump it off on a misdiagnosis, but use his cop skills to investigate just what the heck HW did to her.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hell Rell - 04-16-2016

(04-16-2016, 05:00 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-16-2016, 04:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I laughed at this for a good minute! Sadly, there is probably a lot of truth in this statement. As far I'm concerned, her momma named her Juilette so I'm gon call her Juliette.

Good! This forum needs laughter. When Monroe said something to the effect of Juliette/Eve having a split personality, I knew Grimm was going to take the cowardly way out and leave it at that. What I would have liked to have seen was for Nick not to just dump it off on a misdiagnosis, but use his cop skills to investigate just what the heck HW did to her.

I know that Juliette burned her bridges with them but I'm surprised Nick and Rosalee haven't been more adamant in finding out more about her brainwashing. They have to be constantly asking themselves "What the hell did HW do to this woman?" It's an astonishing transformation for someone who was willing to raise all hell last season. I know they may feel relieved she's not bringing chaos to their door but it's hard to believe HW could alter her personality so much while she retained all her memories. I really need to see how this was accomplished and how a Hexenbiest as powerful as Juliette was tamed.

RE: Eve/Juliette - crossbar - 04-16-2016

Hell, I'm still in the bandwagon of calling her Juliette. I never bought off on this Eve crap. That's frickin Juliette!

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 04-17-2016

(04-16-2016, 05:42 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(04-16-2016, 05:00 PM)irukandji Wrote:

I know that Juliette burned her bridges with them but I'm surprised Nick and Rosalee haven't been more adamant in finding out more about her brainwashing. They have to be constantly asking themselves "What the hell did HW do to this woman?" It's an astonishing transformation for someone who was willing to raise all hell last season. I know they may feel relieved she's not bringing chaos to their door but it's hard to believe HW could alter her personality so much while she retained all her memories. I really need to see how this was accomplished and how a Hexenbiest as powerful as Juliette was tamed.
Why do some think it was brainwashing? Someone point out correctly (sorry can't give credit to them) that it may have been more like basic training of the military I see that as likely. I still wonder what Meisner was talking about when he told than Juliette she was dead but didn't have to stay that way? Could it be that she gained control of the hexenbiest spirit or even the when we see Eve that is the woge. Just another way to look at it.

As for Nick and the Scooby's not interested in what happen to Juliette why would they be? She herself says she is NOT Juliette but Eve so I see that as an answer to the question. She has told Nick it wasn't easy but didn't give any hint that it was beatings or brainwashing that made her Eve. Nick and the Scooby's might have had more interest if Juliette and Nick and company had parted on good terms. IMO

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 04-17-2016

(04-17-2016, 06:38 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Why do some think it was brainwashing? Someone point out correctly (sorry can't give credit to them) that it may have been more like basic training of the military I see that as likely. I still wonder what Meisner was talking about when he told than Juliette she was dead but didn't have to stay that way? Could it be that she gained control of the hexenbiest spirit or even the when we see Eve that is the woge. Just another way to look at it.

I don't see a basic training of the military likely because the person doing the training (Meisner), was never shown to us as an American military man. In my opinion, he's a mercenary. Only he's a different type of mercenary because he works closely with the wesen and knows his way quite well around hexenbiest too.

The only thing left for Juliette was a brainwashing. Grimm is a magical show. I'm not sure why it would be so hard to believe.

(04-17-2016, 06:38 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: As for Nick and the Scooby's not interested in what happen to Juliette why would they be? She herself says she is NOT Juliette but Eve so I see that as an answer to the question. She has told Nick it wasn't easy but didn't give any hint that it was beatings or brainwashing that made her Eve. Nick and the Scooby's might have had more interest if Juliette and Nick and company had parted on good terms. IMO

That answer was posted in response to Hell Rell's question about the fact that the scoobies refer to her more and more as Eve. I merely said that these people gave her up for dead mid season of last year. If she wants to be called Eve, why wouldn't they be fine with it? They don't care.

The one person I would have liked to have seen do something in all of this is Nick. He's a cop and none of what's happened to Juliette should sit well with him. Instead, he's content to let Monroe misdiagnose her with a split personality. Like I said, I knew Grimm was throwing the baby out with the bathwater with that one statement.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hell Rell - 04-17-2016

[/quote]Why do some think it was brainwashing? Someone point out correctly (sorry can't give credit to them) that it may have been more like basic training of the military I see that as likely. I still wonder what Meisner was talking about when he told than Juliette she was dead but didn't have to stay that way? Could it be that she gained control of the hexenbiest spirit or even the when we see Eve that is the woge. Just another way to look at it.

As for Nick and the Scooby's not interested in what happen to Juliette why would they be? She herself says she is NOT Juliette but Eve so I see that as an answer to the question. She has told Nick it wasn't easy but didn't give any hint that it was beatings or brainwashing that made her Eve. Nick and the Scooby's might have had more interest if Juliette and Nick and company had parted on good terms. IMO
[/quote]

I don't see any reason for it not to be brainwashing. The gang acknowledged Juliette went off the rails last season and there was no hope of the real Juliette ever returning. She was a complete psycho in their eyes. I think the characters and the audience alike would see it as brainwashing because it was a complete turnaround from her acting on her impulses last season.

Nick told the gang to kill Juliette but couldn't bring himself to do it when the opportunity presented itself. He clearly didn't want her to die. He wanted to know what HW did with her body. He then finds out she's alive and going by Eve and is a completely different person from the last time he saw her. Rosalee still mourned the loss of the old Juliette even after she tried to kill Monroe. I think they would both want to know exactly how she became Eve. If anything, it would be hard for them to trust this transformation which gives them all the more reason to want to find out how HW did it. Juliette telling them she's Eve does not answer the question and vague hints don't help either. Nick is a detective after all. How often does he just accept the I've changed defense? He investigates things beyond taking the word of people for a living.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 04-17-2016

Quote:I don't see a basic training of the military likely because the person doing the training (Meisner), was never shown to us as an American military man
You do not have to have been in the US military to know military tactics. There are groups that use military tatics that are not military.l The police a a good example.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 04-17-2016

(04-17-2016, 08:11 PM)syscrash Wrote: You do not have to have been in the US military to know military tactics. There are groups that use military tatics that are not military.l The police a a good example.

Can you tell me what you mean by police using military tactics?

In the meantime, I'll share what I know. My father was a policeman. The way I understand this, the police cannot use military tactics in their day to day operations. They are charged with keeping the peace and preventing crime.

If the situation escalates to the point where the police can no longer use their resources to resolve the conflict, (i.e., it becomes a battle), the armed forces are called in.

The military has the manpower, organizational skills, strategy and weapons to fight the battle. Those are military tactics.

We had a tornado in our town a long time ago. We are equivalent in size to Portland and lost a quarter of our city to the storm. With so large of an area to cover, the police could not adequately protect the victims or their homes from looters. The armed forces were called in to guard and protect the victims and the devastated areas. If anyone who was unauthorized went into the area, they faced the threat of being shot and killed. The armed forces have that authority as part of their military tactics. Policemen do not.

I don't see Meisner as an American military man. I said he was a mercenary, and now that I think about that term, I was wrong in calling him that. Mercenaries do utilize military tactics, but from what I understand, they're usually a group that hold the same beliefs. Meisner doesn't fit into that mold. I'm not really sure what I would call him at this point.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 04-17-2016

Here is a question. Was Eve really concerned about Adalind. or Was she testing to see if Adalind was involved. If Eve was only testing then why fill Adalind in on the how and why of her vulnerability. When I consider Eve. She does not hold back she says exactly what is on her mind. She does not seem to play favorites or seem to try and win anyone to her side. It does not seem odd for her to reach out to Adalind. She gave her the information. Informed her of the choice she will be faced with. Ending with a warning of making the wrong choice.

Question why did Nick not tell Adalind about the danger of black claw recruiting her. Adalind asked him about what if her powers come back. Wouldn't that have been a good time to tell her Black Claw would be interested in her powers. Instead he keeps quite, now BC knows she has her powers back and she has agreed to work with them. The guy ask if she was a hexenbiest. So he must have known she lost them.