Grimm Forum
S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht (/Thread-S5E06-Wesen-Nacht)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - eric - 12-12-2015

Loved it!! Settled a bunch of questions--the Chavez/Meisner group is a super secret government organization, Juliette is alive and kicking(among other things), per the previews the gang is on to the Black Forest, and the writers know how to add humor to a plot--really liked the Captain's understated interrogation style.Big Grin Apparently the crossbow was set on stun, not kill, wessen gangs like to leave a lot of mess behind(unlike the Chavez group), the wessen have been in the country for a long time(pre-1776). This episode was fast paced and covered a lot of issues--congrads to the writers. i am really looking for the next show, January is a long long time away.

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - speakeasy - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 08:48 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 06:53 AM)speakeasy Wrote: But it was comical how Nick couldn't stomach looking at his woge,

I don't think it was intended to be comical. If you look back to season four, you'll see Nick had the exact same reaction to Juliette whenever she woged. Although Monroe and Rosalee responded in the same way (and they're both Wesen!), in Nick's case it's a problem that might resurface later, especially if he and Juliette try to reconnect. Maybe Nick's big character arc for this season is him getting past that entrenched, instinctual tic once and for all.

You're sharp, Hexenadler, and you catch meanings that usually escape my notice. But gotta disagree with you on this one. You are saying in essence that he has a prejudice and I can see how events made it look this way. But to me, it was just the shock of trying to adjust to a beloved one who all at once embodies the physical and character traits of his most hated enemy among wesen; don't think he'd have that difficult a time if she were another type. Since he's getting to make peace with Adalind's hexenbiest (albiet suppressed) nature, I do think he will get past his illogical and purely emotional initial responses to Juliette as a Hexenbiest, especially since his own child may be one. If she is made evil, then we may never know. I do agree that he failed Juliette at a crucial time in her metamorphosis, but she gave up on the relationship long before he did.

That whatever-wesen was hard to look at, and Nick's reaction did strike me as funny; but it was only after I saw how anxious R and M were to stop it resurfacing. Remember Bud made a remark about it, too.

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - irukandji - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 06:53 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Good episode. Very good episode. The comic relief, which was sorely needed, was when everyone shrank back from the look of that awful wesen, (what a specious thing to do, set up Monroe, his friend.) But it was comical how Nick couldn't stomach looking at his woge, and Rosalee and Monroe rushed to keep him from woging, with comforting words like 'No, you don't have to do that', etc. Big Grin A face not even a mother could love. However, I think this is connected to something bigger, since Rosalee knew Dallas Cruz and she got that letter from an associate from her past.

This is big, global. And with the sort of organization that takes years of planning and now their are ready to launch their campaign. I'm trying to put what we know of the group together to try to figure out what's going on. We know that they've been gathering for a long time, and that they are wesen, we know they are frightening and punishing other wesen, and that they have people in high places. Places like the Portland FBI, the hospital, and among the general working public, like Wemlinger, and the juvenile care system - it takes time to infiltrate a city that deeply, just what Nick's mom talked the plan the Royals had been executing for years. I think this can be traced back to them. We have an election coming up for mayor; I think he's in with this group to stir up fear so that citizens will give up their rights for the protection offered by a police state, or an autocratic rule. Night of the blackshirts.

There is something that Trubel knows about Meisner that alarmed her when Adalind said he had helped deliver Diana.

Juliette returns! Never thought it would happen, it took me totally by surprise. I'll take it no matter what. Hope blondes don't have more fun in her case, tho. But she saved Nick and that counts in my book. The previews confirm she's working with the good guys for now. Billie Trump and Dallas Cruz, names, names. And where did the name Eve come from. It suits this new Juliette; first form of something. She says something very telling in the preview, couldn't quite hear it. But we're still going to have to wait a few episodes before Monroe and Nick head for the Black Forest.

Boy, the Captain must be thinking he's losing his touch, he's so out of the loop. But at least he's been filled in just in time to almost get killed in that set-up attack.

I liked it a lot. One of the best Grimm episodes I've seen in a long time. Fast paced and what a great change of pace to see Nick and gang using their intelligence to figure out what's going on and then go after the enemy. Without corruption to impede the story to boot. Totally fun. That is what Grimm should be about, in my opinion.

I do think Trubel knows a lot more than what she's telling, but I'm sure we'll find out more as the series progresses. I also think, just from the way things are going that this might be the last season of Grimm and that's why we're finally going to hear about these keys.

So Juliette's back. Cool. Let's hope this time they get it right. Personally, I would rather the show not get into whether Nick is going to try and break her down or she is going to try and break him down.
We've seen all of that. It's done, over, boring. He's got Adalind now.

What I would like to see is Juliette fight right alongside with the good guys. If this is the threat to humanity that the series claims, then they'll need everyone's help. A powerful hexenbiest on their side is a real advantage. There's no room for the past. Plus Trubel helped save her. That can't be all bad.

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - jsgrimm45 - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 10:30 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 06:53 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Good episode. Very good episode. The comic relief, which was sorely needed, was when everyone shrank back from the look of that awful wesen, (what a specious thing to do, set up Monroe, his friend.) But it was comical how Nick couldn't stomach looking at his woge, and Rosalee and Monroe rushed to keep him from woging, with comforting words like 'No, you don't have to do that', etc. Big Grin A face not even a mother could love. However, I think this is connected to something bigger, since Rosalee knew Dallas Cruz and she got that letter from an associate from her past.

This is big, global. And with the sort of organization that takes years of planning and now their are ready to launch their campaign. I'm trying to put what we know of the group together to try to figure out what's going on. We know that they've been gathering for a long time, and that they are wesen, we know they are frightening and punishing other wesen, and that they have people in high places. Places like the Portland FBI, the hospital, and among the general working public, like Wemlinger, and the juvenile care system - it takes time to infiltrate a city that deeply, just what Nick's mom talked the plan the Royals had been executing for years. I think this can be traced back to them. We have an election coming up for mayor; I think he's in with this group to stir up fear so that citizens will give up their rights for the protection offered by a police state, or an autocratic rule. Night of the blackshirts.

There is something that Trubel knows about Meisner that alarmed her when Adalind said he had helped deliver Diana.

Juliette returns! Never thought it would happen, it took me totally by surprise. I'll take it no matter what. Hope blondes don't have more fun in her case, tho. But she saved Nick and that counts in my book. The previews confirm she's working with the good guys for now. Billie Trump and Dallas Cruz, names, names. And where did the name Eve come from. It suits this new Juliette; first form of something. She says something very telling in the preview, couldn't quite hear it. But we're still going to have to wait a few episodes before Monroe and Nick head for the Black Forest.

Boy, the Captain must be thinking he's losing his touch, he's so out of the loop. But at least he's been filled in just in time to almost get killed in that set-up attack.

I liked it a lot. One of the best Grimm episodes I've seen in a long time. Fast paced and what a great change of pace to see Nick and gang using their intelligence to figure out what's going on and then go after the enemy. Without corruption to impede the story to boot. Totally fun. That is what Grimm should be about, in my opinion.

I do think Trubel knows a lot more than what she's telling, but I'm sure we'll find out more as the series progresses. I also think, just from the way things are going that this might be the last season of Grimm and that's why we're finally going to hear about these keys.

So Juliette's back. Cool. Let's hope this time they get it right. Personally, I would rather the show not get into whether Nick is going to try and break her down or she is going to try and break him down.
We've seen all of that. It's done, over, boring. He's got Adalind now.

What I would like to see is Juliette fight right alongside with the good guys. If this is the threat to humanity that the series claims, then they'll need everyone's help. A powerful hexenbiest on their side is a real advantage. There's no room for the past. Plus Trubel helped save her. That can't be all bad.
Now don't faint I agree @irukandji. We may want to mark this date.Tongue

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - Hexenadler - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 09:27 AM)speakeasy Wrote: That whatever-wesen was hard to look at, and Nick's reaction did strike me as funny; but it was only after I saw how anxious R and M were to stop it resurfacing. Remember Bud made a remark about it, too.

The "Grimm" writing staff made an interesting post on twitter about that:

Quote:You can't choose the Wesen face you're born with. Acceptance.

Nick, Monroe and Rosalee's reactions might be funny on first glance, but if you try to look at it from the blobfish Wesen's perspective, you'd probably feel suicidal!

(12-12-2015, 10:35 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Now don't faint I agree @irukandji. We may want to mark this date.Tongue

Haha......offers hand for cybershake. This is truly momentous!

(12-12-2015, 10:38 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 09:27 AM)speakeasy Wrote: That whatever-wesen was hard to look at, and Nick's reaction did strike me as funny; but it was only after I saw how anxious R and M were to stop it resurfacing. Remember Bud made a remark about it, too.

The "Grimm" writing staff made an interesting post on twitter about that:

Quote:You can't choose the Wesen face you're born with. Acceptance.

Nick, Monroe and Rosalee's reactions might be funny on first glance, but if you try to look at it from the blobfish Wesen's perspective, you'd probably feel suicidal!

Certainly wouldn't want to convey the idea of judging someone's worth based on appearance, I have enough imperfections that need acceptance not to do that. Smile The show does seem to be about different groups learning to accept one another, so guess I'll give you that point as fairly won. The good news is that everyone was cordial and gracious about their response (which I could be just imagining as humorous) so that counts as acceptance. I had a retarded (that's what he was called) brother that I had many fights over when I was a kid, so I know what it feels like to hurt for one who is rejected.)

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - Hexenadler - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 11:17 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I had a retarded (that's what he was called) brother that I had many fights over when I was a kid, so I know what it feels like to hurt for one who is rejected.)

Was he mentally handicapped, or was he called a retard by other people because of some kind of behavioral quirk? You're a little unclear there.

(12-12-2015, 11:48 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 11:17 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I had a retarded (that's what he was called) brother that I had many fights over when I was a kid, so I know what it feels like to hurt for one who is rejected.)

Was he mentally handicapped, or was he called a retard by other people because of some kind of behavioral quirk? You're a little unclear there.

Billy was mentally handicapped, but back then his condition was called mentally retarded or retarded. He also was schizophrenic at times, but he was the sweetest boy and my mom drove him to one of the first special schools for children like him, every day for years to pay for his tuition. My dad did everything with him. He was very loved by our whole family. The problems came from the outside when some children did what children do, because they don't understand - my brother had a very warm and secure and accepted childhood nevertheless.

BTW, did anyone notice Renard and the lady producing the political spot seemed to hit it off?