Grimm Forum
Rewatch: 1x08 - Game Ogre - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 1 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-1)
+---- Thread: Rewatch: 1x08 - Game Ogre (/Thread-Rewatch-1x08-Game-Ogre)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 1x08 - Game Ogre - HellJacket - 06-26-2013

(06-25-2013, 04:45 PM)Lou Wrote: I'm a little sorry I didn't think of cell phone calls as something to count.
In your Apple count, shouldn't the cell phones only count when the Apple logo is visible? Therefore, receiving a call but without showing a logo should probably not be considered part of the tally.

Nick may just be carrying around more than one cell phone.

RE: 1x08 - Game Ogre - Lou - 06-26-2013

(06-26-2013, 11:54 AM)HellJacket Wrote:
(06-25-2013, 04:45 PM)Lou Wrote: I'm a little sorry I didn't think of cell phone calls as something to count.
In your Apple count, shouldn't the cell phones only count when the Apple logo is visible? Therefore, receiving a call but without showing a logo should probably not be considered part of the tally.

Nick may just be carrying around more than one cell phone.

Ok, that makes me feel better. I'm not sure I've ever seen the apple logo on any phones in Grimm. they just sure look like iPhones.
Hmmmm.
Remember in the Lonely Hearts episode when Nick had to call the police to get a 10-20 on Hank. If he had an iPhone and an app like Circle on it - he could have found out for himself immediately.

RE: Rewatch: 1x08 - Game Ogre - Sable677 - 06-29-2013

This episode is one of my favorites. I enjoyed seeing Hank get the focus and get to see Monroe in on the action since Nick was hurt and unable to. I also enjoyed seeing Juliet get the chance to save Nick.

RE: Rewatch: 1x08 - Game Ogre - syscrash - 04-10-2017

This was the first time danger came to Nick's door. Even as big as the ogre was. Juliette did not back off. This is the first of many times Juliette will have Nicks back. Just once I would like to have seen Adalind show even half that kind support for Nick. In the end Adalind did take the ax and try to kill zestorer so I guess that is something.

RE: Rewatch: 1x08 - Game Ogre - Zansy - 04-30-2018

* I was, as per usual, sorry about the death. But I did cheer when I saw Drew securing the premise.
* Seriously, as horrifying as that crime was, I can’t help feeling impressed with someone who grunts a little while removing a bullet from his own body. Yes I know who and what he is.
* “Nick knows a watch guy.”
* “Can you trace an antique watch?” - “Wow! You’re actually calling me for what I do?! I might actually have to charge you for this.”- “I’m with my partner. We’re coming over.” - “I get it. Be cool. Wear pants.”
*Oh Monroe, you’re just no good at pretending that you don’t know Nick.
* The look Hank gives Monroe while he tries to stammer his way out of this situation.
* “He’s a little weird, isn’t he?” - “He spends his life fixing clocks.”
* Seriously, Hank. You need protective custody. Sean’s got very different plans for you.
* So did Stark actually not want that little old lady to get hurt?
* Poor Nick and Juliette. That’s a nasty visit.
* Oh look at Sean & Juliette chatting on how he won’t let anyone hurt her.
*It’s interesting that the first major shake-up for Nick and Juliette with them getting attacked at home is about him being a cop / Hank’s partner. And not about him being a Grimm.
* I love that everyone’s busy trying to protect Hank. <3
* So Monroe had a friend called Freddy growing up?
* I think it’s fascinating that Nick seems to have had no intention to tell anyone about the trailer, just like Aunt Marie told him to, but eventually just about everyone knows about it.
* “Dad? I swear to God I’m doing the right thing.”
* Poor Hank... Sad Yes he used the wrong means to put that man away, but he did it to put a serial killer away. And now the other people who helped put him away are dead and his partner’s in the hospital.
* I like that Drew and Sean came up with a plan how to protect Hank. Hank tells Nick how they were going to do it, but then also says that he’ll go somewhere else so nobody else gets hurt. And Nick can get Monroe to help save Hank. So Drew and Sean do what’s right, trying to protect Hank. Hank’s doing what he feels is right by only risking his own life and no one else’s. And Monroe gets to save Hank. (Hey, one of my favs saving another of my favs works for me any day.)
* Poor Monroe’s so nervous.
* Poor Hank. Sad But hey, good thing Monroe was around and finally managed to take that shot.
* “Somebody killed him. But it wasn’t me.” - “Who? “ - “I wish I knew. I owe him one.” (Don’t worry. You get to help save his girlfriend’s life in a few episode from now.)
* “I’m glad you’re okay.” - “You too.” (I live for stupid little moments like this.)
* “You’re lucky to be alive! Pulling a stunt like that! I should have your badge!” - “If you want it, you can have it.” - “I’d rather you be alive and wearing it.”

Another episode I very much enjoy. I love Hank and I enjoyed watching everyone trying to protect him. And particularly, Monroe succeeding.

[Image: tumblr_p80faakAFY1xryu9qo1_1280.jpg]