Grimm Forum
New Episodes of Grimm Return October 25th, 2013 - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: New Episodes of Grimm Return October 25th, 2013 (/Thread-New-Episodes-of-Grimm-Return-October-25th-2013)

New Episodes of Grimm Return October 25th, 2013 - HellJacket - 06-21-2013

Yes, you read that title correctly. Grimm returns October 25th, a month later than the rest of NBC's lineup. Here's an excerpt from the press release.

The debut for the third season of “Grimm” will begin at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25. That will be immediately followed by the series launch of “Dracula,” starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the iconic character returning to Victorian England to seek revenge on those who doomed him to immortal hell. Appropriately, both shows will launch within a week of Halloween.
NBC Announces Fall Premiere Dates

I guess they figured Dracula's premiere would work best around Halloween time (kind of like how the Series Premiere of Grimm was also near Halloween). Still, this means the next episode of Grimm is 4 months away. Lame.

RE: New Episodes of Grimm Return October 25th, 2013 - grimmfreak - 06-21-2013

(06-21-2013, 12:42 PM)HellJacket Wrote: Yes, you read that title correctly. Grimm returns October 25th, a month later than the rest of NBC's lineup. Here's an excerpt from the press release.

The debut for the third season of “Grimm” will begin at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25. That will be immediately followed by the series launch of “Dracula,” starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the iconic character returning to Victorian England to seek revenge on those who doomed him to immortal hell. Appropriately, both shows will launch within a week of Halloween.
NBC Announces Fall Premiere Dates

I guess they figured Dracula's premiere would work best around Halloween time (kind of like how the Series Premiere of Grimm was also near Halloween). Still, this means the next episode of Grimm is 4 months away. Lame.

Well... Isn't this... stupid... NBC could premier Grimm on September 20th or 27th to coincide with the release of "Aunt Marie's Book of Lore" 9/24 and the first wave of their line of collectibles 9/25 but why advertise any of that when they can just trust fans to notice these things on their own like they did with the Grimm comic book.... I wonder if crappy marketing strategies have harmed NBC at all... No, it couldn't have anything to do with them being dead last in ratings... No, it has to be something else.

RE: New Episodes of Grimm Return October 25th, 2013 - Gretel Hanselsister - 06-21-2013

Don't throw things at me but... it could have been worse. I feared it could be wintertime when they start season 3. October is better Wink At least they spat out a calendar date we can wait for.
HellJacket, thank you for the information!

RE: New Episodes of Grimm Return October 25th, 2013 - HellJacket - 06-21-2013

(06-21-2013, 01:56 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: I wonder if crappy marketing strategies have harmed NBC at all... No, it couldn't have anything to do with them being dead last in ratings... No, it has to be something else.

Actually, I think NBC's logic is perfectly sound. In regard to your argument, helping promote Dracula's initial audience >>>>>>>> some indirect benefit to selling Grimm's collectibles. It's not like you can't buy that book or said collectibles later on. However, crappy ratings initially for Dracula likely means that show is getting cancelled.

The highest rated live episode of Grimm will likely be the premiere. Therefore, if you are going to premiere a new show after Grimm, you want both premieres to coincide with each other. Now, why don't they just have a Halloween-centric shown through all of October? Their logic is that it worked for Grimm originally (as well as for Walking Dead), maybe there's something to it. I personally think it was a coincidence and not a correlation in those two instances, but my job isn't on the line regarding whether Dracula succeeds or fails.

Also, as you would know if you read the only one star thread on this entire site, which also is coincidently in the Grimm news section, NBC finished 3rd this year ahead of ABC. Your "being dead last in ratings" talking point is no longer accurate. Please update it accordingly. Much appreciated.

RE: New Episodes of Grimm Return October 25th, 2013 - grimmfreak - 06-21-2013

(06-21-2013, 02:39 PM)HellJacket Wrote: Actually, I think NBC's logic is perfectly sound. In regard to your argument, helping promote Dracula's initial audience >>>>>>>> some indirect benefit to selling Grimm's collectibles. It's not like you can't buy that book or said collectibles later on. However, crappy ratings initially for Dracula likely means that show is getting cancelled.

The highest rated live episode of Grimm will likely be the premiere. Therefore, if you are going to premiere a new show after Grimm, you want both premieres to coincide with each other. Now, why don't they just have a Halloween-centric shown through all of October? Their logic is that it worked for Grimm originally (as well as for Walking Dead), maybe there's something to it. I personally think it was a coincidence and not a correlation in those two instances, but my job isn't on the line regarding whether Dracula succeeds or fails.

Also, as you would know if you read the only one star thread on this entire site, which also is coincidently in the Grimm news section, NBC finished 3rd this year ahead of ABC. Your "being dead last in ratings" talking point is no longer accurate. Please update it accordingly. Much appreciated.

I stand corrected... Thank you for the information and no, I don't read every thread on this site nor should anyone be expected to... Most of the time I check this site very frequently and I try to keep up with everything going on simply cause it's a lot of fun. However sometimes I am away for days and when I come back, then I only look at threads I am already invested in.

RE: New Episodes of Grimm Return October 25th, 2013 - HellJacket - 06-21-2013

(06-21-2013, 03:34 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: However sometimes I am away for days and when I come back, then I only look at threads I am already invested in.
No worries. The comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek. Also, if I defend NBC enough online, maybe they'll start paying me for doing so. Alas, most people don't pay what they can get for free. Anyways, cheerio.

RE: New Episodes of Grimm Return October 25th, 2013 - Sable677 - 06-22-2013

I am really not happy with this, but if it means less interruptions later maybe that's ok. I hated having that long wait between new episodes last year.

RE: New Episodes of Grimm Return October 25th, 2013 - pale boy - 06-22-2013

:[ Well. That's just a month more I have to build my fannish excitement, I guess. I can see why the premiere date has been pushed back (Halloween marketing makes sense) but like Sable said, I hope it comes with less interruptions this season. I really dislike inconsistent scheduling and networks seem to be getting worse with it for some reason.

I wonder if this might give them more time to film as well. (I know that some shows film only a couple weeks "ahead" of air dates, but I'm not sure if that's a widespread thing.)

RE: New Episodes of Grimm Return October 25th, 2013 - HellJacket - 06-24-2013

(06-22-2013, 11:15 PM)pale boy Wrote: I wonder if this might give them more time to film as well. (I know that some shows film only a couple weeks "ahead" of air dates, but I'm not sure if that's a widespread thing.)

Film time is likely a function of a show's budget, and not the premiere date/finale date for a show. This is simply because film time (i.e. having cameras and production crew in the field) costs more money for each additional day. A show with a large budget (e.g., Game of Thrones or OUAT) likely has more film time, especially since the show likely has more characters with more divergent plots, while a lower budget show with fewer characters likely has less film time (since it's not really needed anyway). Having the premiere date in October, rather than August for example, may mean that the actors probably have a longer time off between shooting season 2 and season 3. This may make for happier actors, which may be a good thing. I'm not sure how the time off would work for a show that premieres in October rather than September, but I imagine there's little difference in actual scheduling.

Personally, I don't understand why people complain about breaks throughout the season and especially don't understand people who prefer a longer break between seasons to small breaks. Come October, I will probably have all of season 2 memorized. However, during the season, if there's an offweek, I can just watch a rerun from any of the previous episodes that season, and the episode will still be pretty fresh.

Therefore, long break between seasons <<<<<<<<< small breaks within season.