Grimm Forum
S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger (/Thread-S5E02-Clear-and-Wesen-Danger)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - irukandji - 11-13-2015

(11-13-2015, 01:03 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I watched the S5E1 again the Capt. told him to take sometime not banned from the station. In S5E2 the Capt told not to come back until called So we are at our normal point of agree to disagree. Big Grin

You lost me on this one, but okay, we'll agree to disagree.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - jsgrimm45 - 11-13-2015

(11-13-2015, 03:04 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-13-2015, 01:03 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I watched the S5E1 again the Capt. told him to take sometime not banned from the station. In S5E2 the Capt told not to come back until called So we are at our normal point of agree to disagree. Big Grin

" In point of fact, he was on administrative leave, banned from the office until further notice. If you're looking at the military code here, then the more severe rule must be applied, and that is disobeying a superior officer, which is what Nick did."

In the S5E1 the Renard just told Nick to take sometime not banned for the station. So when Hank called Nick in the first part of S5E2 Nick wasn't banned so he didn't disobey Renard. In S5E2 after Renard seen him then he told him to not to return to the station until called. Does this help clear it up.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - New Guy - 11-13-2015

(11-13-2015, 05:10 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(11-13-2015, 03:04 PM)irukandji Wrote:

" In point of fact, he was on administrative leave, banned from the office until further notice. If you're looking at the military code here, then the more severe rule must be applied, and that is disobeying a superior officer, which is what Nick did."

In the S5E1 the Renard just told Nick to take sometime not banned for the station. So when Hank called Nick in the first part of S5E2 Nick wasn't banned so he didn't disobey Renard. In S5E2 after Renard seen him then he told him to not to return to the station until called. Does this help clear it up.
Hi JS,
Quite clear. Just FYI I pulled the script for 5.02 and Renard said
"Now go home, and don't come back until you hear from me."
New Guy

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - irukandji - 11-14-2015

(11-13-2015, 05:10 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: In the S5E1 the Renard just told Nick to take sometime not banned for the station. So when Hank called Nick in the first part of S5E2 Nick wasn't banned so he didn't disobey Renard. In S5E2 after Renard seen him then he told him to not to return to the station until called. Does this help clear it up.

Actually, I had to read the script. Here's the conversation:

Quote:Chavez: Yeah, well, I'm sorry to hear that, but his behavior in my office was unbalanced and threatening. We almost had to place him under arrest. I'd like to leave this in your hands, but if this happens again, it'll be out of my hands, and he will find himself in jail.
Renard: I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
Renard to Nick: I need to see you in my office.
Nick: Yeah, I need to talk to you too.
Renard: What are you doing?
Nick: What are you talking about?
Renard: You confronted Special Agent Chavez in her own office, with witnesses? What the hell were you thinking?
Nick: Captain, you don't understand
Renard: Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but you might get yourself arrested on federal charges if you don't stop what you're doing.
Nick: Chavez is part of a secret government organization.
Renard: What organization, Nick?
Nick: I don't know. But that's what I'm trying to figure out. Last night, they took Juliette's body. They took Trubel
Renard: Stop. I've been told. We're gonna look into it.
Nick: You don't believe me?
Renard: A lot has happened, and you have to take some time.
Nick: No, I don't need time
Renard: This is not a suggestion.
Nick: Are you suspending me?
Renard: No, I am telling you to take some time. Now, if you don't, then I will suspend you.
Nick: Captain, you don't understand what Chavez
Renard: Enough. You go near her again, and you'll be facing a lot more than a suspension.

Later Nick tells Hank: I've been ordered to take some time off.

Nick said he was ordered to take time off. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if an subordinate refuses to follow an order, isn't disciplinary action in order? Didn't Renard state that a suspension was in line if Nick didn't take time off? That is disciplinary action. Just my opinion here, but taking time off doesn't mean Nick can still come into the office whenever and work cases. It means he's been ordered to stay away from the job.

I also thought I would quote this so called terrible warning that Nick gave the marshals. I couldn't tell which marshal answered which question so I just called them 'marshals'

Quote:Nick: I gotta warn them.
Hank: How you gonna do that? Nick!
Nick: Hey, you guys got a minute? I'm Detective Burkhardt.
Marshals: What?
Nick: You have to be careful with this guy.
Marshals: I think we can handle him.
Nick: No, you don't understand. He's not what he seems.
Marshals: We know all about him.
Nick: No, you don't. This guy, he's dangerous.
Marshals: He's an ink man. What's he gonna do, forge us to death?

Nick: You don't know what this guy's capable of.
Marshals:You know, Detective, just 'cause we got babysitting duty doesn't give you the right to bust our balls.
Nick: I'm not bustin' your balls.
Marshals: You a badass? [scoffs] Let's go, man.

Okay, so let's see. First statement:

"You have to be careful with this guy."

Their prisoner was restrained, he was in the back of the car, the two marshals were armed. I'd say that's being careful with the guy.

Second statement:

"No, you don't understand. He's not what he seems."

And this is clear in what way? If he's not what he seems, what is he? Nick never tells the marshals so they believe they have appropriately prepared to transport their prisoner. They would be correct.

Third statement:

"No, you don't. This guy, he's dangerous."

Well, yeah, okay.

So in summary, Nick told the marshals they had to be careful with the guy, he's not what he seems, and he is dangerous.

The marshals would have already known the redundant things Nick told them from their training and experience. The took appropriate precautions because a) law enforcement has to be careful with prisoners, b) prisoners aren't always what they seem, and c) prisoners are dangerous. Those are the yardsticks of transporting prisoners, not some new and vital information from Nick that would stop these guys in their tracks and force them to listen. I stand by my original statement. Nick's warning was pathetic.

Quote:"Pathetic?" Nick did everything besides tell the Marshals outright the guy was a flesh-eating monster!

You saw the three statements Nick made to the marshals. If you want to believe he did everything he could but tell the men Wemlinger was a flesh eating monster, knock yourself out.

Now we can all agree to disagree.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Dilla Deaf - 11-16-2015

I'm a new member here, my first post actually. I started binge watching Grimm on my laptop via Kodi (which is great since Kodi makes use of the subtitles sites). I came upon this site while researching on the Grimm lore. I basically binge-watch all the relevant previous eps of prior seasons by figuring out the ep guide description and also notice a pattern (more on that later). So now I'm all caught up to this ep (have not seen Lost Boys ep yet but will in a minute).

A couple things about this ep

- This secret Wesen group might be a split off from main resistance group and more radicalized to the point where they are tired of BOTH the Royals and Wesen Council.

-Said group probably wants to incite stuff so that those in the high places in government (those put in by Royals or WC) out in the open and then those in high places , all in the resistance group(s) would be out in the open and force Wesen to choose sides and non-Wesen would be force to pledge allegiance to any group.

-Also in said group, there might be some that are even more splintered off (think the "wolfangel" guys) that would try to keep Wesen "pure" AND free of Royal and WC influence. With WC having so called impunity for knocking off any Wesen who goes out in public and not stay hidden, I won't be surprise if said group's endgame is to really expose the WC -- we don't know how fully intertwined the WC is with the Royals.

After binge-watching especially through S2,S3 and Season 4 of Grimm , I notice there usually 3 episode arcs (especially near the finale ..basically an ep, penultimate ep and finale). They also appear near but not near the middle of the season but normally around the ep 9-12 arc. This will probably be the arc around that time that sets up the keys arc before those 3 eps before the finale.

and yes as my name suggest, I'm a deaf dude.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - jsgrimm45 - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 12:38 PM)Dilla Deaf Wrote: I'm a new member here, my first post actually. I started binge watching Grimm on my laptop via Kodi (which is great since Kodi makes use of the subtitles sites). I came upon this site while researching on the Grimm lore. I basically binge-watch all the relevant previous eps of prior seasons by figuring out the ep guide description and also notice a pattern (more on that later). So now I'm all caught up to this ep (have not seen Lost Boys ep yet but will in a minute).

- This secret Wesen group might be a split off from main resistance group and more radicalized to the point where they are tired of BOTH the Royals and Wesen Council.

-Said group probably wants to incite stuff so that those in the high places in government (those put in by Royals or WC) out in the open and then those in high places , all in the resistance group(s) would be out in the open and force Wesen to choose sides and non-Wesen would be force to pledge allegiance to any group.

-Also in said group, there might be some that are even more splintered off (think the "wolfangel" guys) that would try to keep Wesen "pure" AND free of Royal and WC influence. With WC having so called impunity for knocking off any Wesen who goes out in public and not stay hidden, I won't be surprise if said group's endgame is to really expose the WC -- we don't know how fully intertwined the WC is with the Royals.

After binge-watching especially through S2,S3 and Season 4 of Grimm , I notice there usually 3 episode arcs (especially near the finale ..basically an ep, penultimate ep and finale). They also appear near but not near the middle of the season but normally around the ep 9-12 arc. This will probably be the arc around that time that sets up the keys arc before those 3 eps before the finale.

I see your points on this new group you open up ideas on several possible plots. We don't know how long the WC has been around, but I would think (just because of history) several times over the centuries groups like this tried to bring the wesen out of hiding. I think this is a season along the lines of Harry Potter and the death eaters. (I believe that those who don't learn from history will repeat history)

Monroe said something about what happen (the bank robbery team) got wesen in trouble that lasted 2 centuries. Some on the forum have said they believed that humans and wesen could live together. I'm not one who believes that but granted this is a fantasy, so the writers could make it happen but if we keep the world of Grimm connected to what would happen in the real world no it wouldn't work.

Question does this group want to rule or live together because I see them as the death eater type I think they will want to rule.

One post talks about some casting calls that show that the WC is almost destroyed.

Good catch on the group of three connected stories I had noted that.

I stated why I think it's bad for wesen but I been know to be wrong maybe once or twice.

I will have to think some more about your points on royals WC and this new group interesting plot to think about. Thanks

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 12:38 PM)Dilla Deaf Wrote: I'm a new member here, my first post actually. I started binge watching Grimm on my laptop via Kodi (which is great since Kodi makes use of the subtitles sites). I came upon this site while researching on the Grimm lore. I basically binge-watch all the relevant previous eps of prior seasons by figuring out the ep guide description and also notice a pattern (more on that later). So now I'm all caught up to this ep (have not seen Lost Boys ep yet but will in a minute).

Be welcome to the forum.

I am believe the WC is an independent organization from the royals. But I also believe the WC would not exist without the blessing of the families. I have posted in other topics that we don't know who are the members of the council board. I would bet my 2 cents the royals has at least one representative member there. Maybe a wesen that works for the royals. Maybe a royal himself.

Anyway, I think this idea fits with your post. If the royals has connections inside the WC, a more radical resistance member would see the WC as an extension of the royals power over the wesen. This way, the WC Is an organization that must be destroyed just like the royals.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - wfmyers1207 - 11-19-2015

You know, after rewatching this episode there is one thing that bothers me. The woman deleting the computer files must be an idiot. As someone who knows something about IT I know that there is only one way to actually delete information from a computer. You have to physically destroy the hard drive. Otherwise the information is recoverable. Might take a very good IT person to do it, but it can be done.Confused

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - New Guy - 11-19-2015

(11-19-2015, 04:47 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: You know, after rewatching this episode there is one thing that bothers me. The woman deleting the computer files must be an idiot. As someone who knows something about IT I know that there is only one way to actually delete information from a computer. You have to physically destroy the hard drive. Otherwise the information is recoverable. Might take a very good IT person to do it, but it can be done.Confused
Hello WF,
I am not an IT guy. It seems that even a format does not totally erase data. You may be correct. Physical destruction is required. So the e-mails Juliette (and Hillary) deleted are recoverable. So why hasn't Nick asked Wu to find those e-mails?
New Guy

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - wfmyers1207 - 11-20-2015

(11-19-2015, 08:23 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(11-19-2015, 04:47 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: You know, after rewatching this episode there is one thing that bothers me. The woman deleting the computer files must be an idiot. As someone who knows something about IT I know that there is only one way to actually delete information from a computer. You have to physically destroy the hard drive. Otherwise the information is recoverable. Might take a very good IT person to do it, but it can be done.Confused
Hello WF,
I am not an IT guy. It seems that even a format does not totally erase data. You may be correct. Physical destruction is required. So the e-mails Juliette (and Hillary) deleted are recoverable. So why hasn't Nick asked Wu to find those e-mails?
New Guy

LOL Good one!Tongue

As to your question, why would he? Nick already knows it was Juliette who betrayed Kelly. What's the point of verifying it?

As to your aside. There are 4 copies of every email. One on the person's PC, one on their server, one on the server of the person they sent it to, and one on that persons hard drive. So, Hillary's story is complete bullshit and everyone who knows more than how to turn on a PC knows it!