Grimm Forum
S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger (/Thread-S5E02-Clear-and-Wesen-Danger)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - irukandji - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 08:17 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Just for the debate I also looked at season 2 with the FBI not wanting help with that case and were killed. The same now the Fed's don't see the local PD as skilled as they are so they pay no attention to their warning. The Marshalls only saw a small man with two of them no problem. Renard has no control of them Nick warns them they fail to listen. Renard calls in a threat on the the guy to force them to get more help but to late.

Keep in mind that the marshals had the man handcuffed and he was in the back of their car. He was not agitated, he did not attack them, he went quietly. Even after they get into the car, he still acts quiet and subdued.

Seriously, would you believe some cop who runs out and says the guy's dangerous? And then said cop fails to provide an explanation for the danger? If Nick is telling these guys that this man's a danger, he needs to be clearer and not vague. There's no way these guys should have taken his warning. Based on what he told them. Which was nothing.

And I'm still of the impression that Wemlinger's violence escalated with Hank. Look at it from his position. He's got some Grimm telling the marshals he's dangerous. It actually works to his advantage beause neither of them believes Nick.

But how does Wemlinger know that they're not going to harm him once they get out of Portland?

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - jsgrimm45 - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 09:01 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 08:17 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Just for the debate I also looked at season 2 with the FBI not wanting help with that case and were killed. The same now the Fed's don't see the local PD as skilled as they are so they pay no attention to their warning. The Marshalls only saw a small man with two of them no problem. Renard has no control of them Nick warns them they fail to listen. Renard calls in a threat on the the guy to force them to get more help but to late.

Keep in mind that the marshals had the man handcuffed and he was in the back of their car. He was not agitated, he did not attack them, he went quietly. Even after they get into the car, he still acts quiet and subdued.

Seriously, would you believe some cop who runs out and says the guy's dangerous? And then said cop fails to provide an explanation for the danger? If Nick is telling these guys that this man's a danger, he needs to be clearer and not vague. There's no way these guys should have taken his warning. Based on what he told them. Which was nothing.

And I'm still of the impression that Wemlinger's violence escalated with Hank. Look at it from his position. He's got some Grimm telling the marshals he's dangerous. It actually works to his advantage beause neither of them believes Nick.

But how does Wemlinger know that they're not going to harm him once they get out of Portland?
He wouldn't do something with a Grimm standing right there. He would take his time like he did to get them one on one. If they had got him out of Portland then pulled off the road I would see your point but they hadn't. He needed to get loose to clear the money trail. That is something I as a writer would work on with what is about to happen Renard is going to have to bring in some FBI and other PD officers to deal with this. This may happen when the FBI pick up Nick for Chavez they will have to go one of two ways let them in or Chavez group clears Nick somehow.

(11-11-2015, 09:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: He wouldn't do something with a Grimm standing right there. He would take his time like he did to get them one on one. If they had got him out of Portland then pulled off the road I would see your point but they hadn't. He needed to get loose to clear the money trail. That is something I as a writer would work on with what is about to happen Renard is going to have to bring in some FBI and other PD officers to deal with this. This may happen when the FBI pick up Nick for Chavez they will have to go one of two ways let them in or Chavez group clears Nick somehow.

What's interesting to me is that Wemlinger and Betty showed no surprise at Nick and the gang coming after them. Why would that be? Is it because he figured he was in danger the moment he saw Nick earlier?

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - jsgrimm45 - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 10:30 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 09:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: He wouldn't do something with a Grimm standing right there. He would take his time like he did to get them one on one. If they had got him out of Portland then pulled off the road I would see your point but they hadn't. He needed to get loose to clear the money trail. That is something I as a writer would work on with what is about to happen Renard is going to have to bring in some FBI and other PD officers to deal with this. This may happen when the FBI pick up Nick for Chavez they will have to go one of two ways let them in or Chavez group clears Nick somehow.

What's interesting to me is that Wemlinger and Betty showed no surprise at Nick and the gang coming after them. Why would that be? Is it because he figured he was in danger the moment he saw Nick earlier?
We are at the normal point where we agree to disagree. I think he figured he was out of danger because the marshalls didn't take Nick's word on the danger. That is why he woge to show Nick he couldn't do anything. Your are right that he knew once he escaped Nick would hunt him down so then he had to move fast to clear the money tail and get out of town.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - eric - 11-11-2015

I am not sure what Renard could have done to stop the marshals besides call in the threat. Say the suspect was dangerous--but he had a white collar, non-violent record, looked like a wimp. Say he was a wessen--really?. Just because we watch the show and know the secret truth that no one else does, how would a normal person in real life react--probably call their boss and report that Portland PD was fully of loonies. The first rule of the wessen life is that there is no wessen life. If you do anything to expose wesseness to the humans, the council takes very fast action. The marshals called for backup, normal correct procedure. A mistake, but a reasonable one.

(11-11-2015, 01:30 PM)eric Wrote: I am not sure what Renard could have done to stop the marshals besides call in the threat. Say the suspect was dangerous--but he had a white collar, non-violent record, looked like a wimp. Say he was a wessen--really?. Just because we watch the show and know the secret truth that no one else does, how would a normal person in real life react--probably call their boss and report that Portland PD was fully of loonies. The first rule of the wessen life is that there is no wessen life. If you do anything to expose wesseness to the humans, the council takes very fast action. The marshals called for backup, normal correct procedure. A mistake, but a reasonable one.

Exactly.

I will add that I do believe if Nick and Hank had not taken matters into their own hands and gone against Renard's wishes, the two marshals might be alive. Once Hank revealed he knew Wemlinger was a wesen and once Wemlinger saw Nick, I can see why he killed the two marshals. He feared for his life.

Which again makes me wonder.....what good did Nick do as a Grimm in this episode?

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - jsgrimm45 - 11-12-2015

Just my opinion but Wemlinger didn't know Hank was anything but a cop, until Hank said your wesen. How he wouldn't have known how Hank knew this. In other posts some have posted Nick should be more police less Grimm now it is being said he should have be more Grimm the police. In this case Nick acted as a police officer followed orders and Renard followed the warrant. They both acted within the law now are we faulting them for acting inside the law?

Nick did no good as a Grimm in the episode because he acted as a police officer not a Grimm. As a Grimm he should have followed the car and handled it as a Grimm then we would be back to not following him not following his oath.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - irukandji - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 11:49 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Just my opinion but Wemlinger didn't know Hank was anything but a cop, until Hank said your wesen. How he wouldn't have known how Hank knew this. In other posts some have posted Nick should be more police less Grimm now it is being said he should have be more Grimm the police. In this case Nick acted as a police officer followed orders and Renard followed the warrant. They both acted within the law now are we faulting them for acting inside the law?

Nick did no good as a Grimm in the episode because he acted as a police officer not a Grimm. As a Grimm he should have followed the car and handled it as a Grimm then we would be back to not following him not following his oath.

I need to clarify my argument. Nick did not good as a police officer or Grimm in this episode.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - wfmyers1207 - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 11:49 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Just my opinion but Wemlinger didn't know Hank was anything but a cop, until Hank said your wesen. How he wouldn't have known how Hank knew this. In other posts some have posted Nick should be more police less Grimm now it is being said he should have be more Grimm the police. In this case Nick acted as a police officer followed orders and Renard followed the warrant. They both acted within the law now are we faulting them for acting inside the law?

Exactly, a lot of fans have put Nick in this "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" situation. Run the guy some slack people!! This is some seriously hard core shit he has to deal with every day!! Big Grin

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - irukandji - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 12:05 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Exactly, a lot of fans have put Nick in this "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" situation. Run the guy some slack people!! This is some seriously hard core shit he has to deal with every day!! Big Grin

Um....no. There was no excuse for Nick's behavior in this last episode. Renard put him on leave. He blatantly disregarded Renard's orders.