Grimm Forum
S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger (/Thread-S5E02-Clear-and-Wesen-Danger)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - irukandji - 11-10-2015

Some nits I didn't particularly care for in this episode.

Nick and Adalind. I don't see this at all. It's not interesting watching the two of them together. There's just nothing there. Not to be negative here, but I find it completely unbelievable that Adalind really wants to be just human. On the other side of the coin, I find it even harder to believe Nick is going to turn into some kind of father of the year. I don't see this as an example of outstanding acting between the two of them. It looks to me like the actors themselves are uncomfortable with this storyline.

I didn't particularly like the way Hank treated his new partner. The partner (I can't recall his name) was correct with his suggestions on police procedure.

Nick's blatant disregard for his superior's orders to stay off the job. This could be a ploy on the part of Renard since his picture did appear on Betty Frame's computer. Still, the episode is once again Nick breaking a thousand laws just so he can be a Grimm.

Overall though, I liked the episode, particularly with bringing humans into the wesen criminal activity. I would like to see Grimm take a new direction with this kind of storyline. I find it hard to believe that humans can be totally in the dark about his wesen woging/criminal activity business.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - crossbar - 11-10-2015

VERY good point about Renard keeping Nick off this case! I didn't even think of that. Renard may wanted Nick off this case because he had an idea what they were chasing after and if Nick was involved, he would have discovered Renards possible involvement.

Then again, maybe we see Renards pic in the computer because he's the target. I mean, he is one of the last remaining Royals left. Maybe the uprising or whatever faction this is, is going to target and try and kill Renard so he can't make a claim to the Monarchy. Maybe that's why bad things are coming to Portland. That's where the last Royal is. I mean, what other reason is there to have all of these Wesen descending on Portland of all places?

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Lou - 11-10-2015

I think Renard is more involved in this than we think. I think he has been constructing some road blocks for Nick.
And I find the whole Nick/Adalind thing really hard to believe.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - New Guy - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 11:39 AM)Lou Wrote: I think Renard is more involved in this than we think. I think he has been constructing some road blocks for Nick.
Hi Lou,
Back in July I started a thread "Renard, Retaliation and Revenge." IMHO Renard has never aided Nick out of respect for him but only if it served his own agenda.
Most recently in 5.02 when Nick and Hank warned Renard that Wemlinger was a danger, Renard blew them off. While en route to Sacramento, Wemlinger murders the marshals and escapes. Renard's arrogance and lack of respect for human life caused the murders. With the blood of those prostitutes still on his hands he adds the deaths of two US Marshals.
Renard seems to take pleasure in his betrayals of Nick. He is a failure as a police Captain. Nick needs to bear down on Renard with full force Grimm Discipline. Portland needs to tar and feather Renard and run him out of town on a rail.
New Guy

(11-10-2015, 12:23 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 11:39 AM)Lou Wrote: I think Renard is more involved in this than we think. I think he has been constructing some road blocks for Nick.
Hi Lou,
Back in July I started a thread "Renard, Retaliation and Revenge." IMHO Renard has never aided Nick out of respect for him but only if it served his own agenda.
Most recently in 5.02 when Nick and Hank warned Renard that Wemlinger was a danger, Renard blew them off. While en route to Sacramento, Wemlinger murders the marshals and escapes. Renard's arrogance and lack of respect for human life caused the murders. With the blood of those prostitutes still on his hands he adds the deaths of two US Marshals.
Renard seems to take pleasure in his betrayals of Nick. He is a failure as a police Captain. Nick needs to bear down on Renard with full force Grimm Discipline. Portland needs to tar and feather Renard and run him out of town on a rail.
New Guy

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that the marshalls were doomed, regardless of who warned them. They had a warrant, he was their prisoner. It was their own failure to properly monitor the guy that caused their deaths, not anything that Renard did/did not do. Nick warned them. How far did that go? About as far as a lead balloon.

Aside from that, I don't agree that Nick is somehow especially entitled to beat the crap out of Renard/end his life. Nick isn't entitled to squat.
Neither are his cohorts in crime.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Hexenadler - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 01:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: Aside from that, I don't agree that Nick is somehow especially entitled to beat the crap out of Renard/end his life. Nick isn't entitled to squat.

Oh, he most certainly is. If my girlfriend suddenly became a wild nymphomaniac due to brain damage and shacked up with my boss (an action he voluntarily participated in), I can say without hesitation nothing would stop me from breaking a couple of his ribs.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - New Guy - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 01:07 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 12:23 PM)New Guy Wrote:
Hi Lou,
New Guy

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that the marshalls were doomed, regardless of who warned them. They had a warrant, he was their prisoner. It was their own failure to properly monitor the guy that caused their deaths, not anything that Renard did/did not do. Nick warned them. How far did that go? About as far as a lead balloon.

Aside from that, I don't agree that Nick is somehow especially entitled to beat the crap out of Renard/end his life. Nick isn't entitled to squat.
Neither are his cohorts in crime.
Hi Irukandji,
Yes the Marshalls were doomed. It was Renard who sealed their fate. Renard released Wemlinger to them. Renard knew Wemlinger was Wesen and had violently murdered the investment company's owner. He also knew about prior arrests. Yet he decided not to warn the Marshalls. Not only is blood on his hands (again), but he acted as an accomplice to the 4 claw mark gang.
Are you saying Renard was entitled to cut off the ear of his hired reaper to help him "listen better"? Is he entitled to have all the officers in his precinct kneel down before him?
Renard has been a first class SOB to Nick. He has failed Portland and put the citizens in mortal danger. Nick more than entitled to Grimmly discipline Renard. He has a duty and obligation to the public he serves to take Renard down.
New Guy

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Sable677 - 11-10-2015

I thought that Renard was trying to protect Nick as well as the precinct. Nick had just got in trouble going after Chavez at FBI headquarters. Renard didn't want Nick in trouble with the marshals as well. Renard does break the law (killing his cousin and tampering with evidence in season one as an example) but he tries to keep the precinct out of it if he can working within the law. The trouble is that with the uprising I don't think things can continue to fly under the radar like they have in the past. While Nick is reacting as a Grimm not a cop, Renard is still trying to act as a cop working within the politics when he can. He tried to help the marshals in a way they could understand by warning of a death threat.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Nickster - 11-10-2015

I enjoyed the episode and didn't mind the Adalind/Nick scenes at all BUT it felt a bit too fast. Nick and Adalind taking about cooking in a very casual way without the slightest bit of hesitation was weird.

I do enjoy Nick trying to bond with his son AND I fully support Adalind trying to turn over a new leaf.

I also am curious if Meisner is a bad guy?

The things I didn't like...

Episode felt rushed, as if too much was happening all at once like Adalind getting discharged from the hospital and Nick not grieving properly.

I just didn't like Chavez dying so quickly and not giving Nick at least one clear answer to: What did she do with the bodies of Juliette and Kelly?

(11-10-2015, 02:24 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Irukandji,
Yes the Marshalls were doomed. It was Renard who sealed their fate. Renard released Wemlinger to them. Renard knew Wemlinger was Wesen and had violently murdered the investment company's owner. He also knew about prior arrests. Yet he decided not to warn the Marshalls. Not only is blood on his hands (again), but he acted as an accomplice to the 4 claw mark gang.
Are you saying Renard was entitled to cut off the ear of his hired reaper to help him "listen better"? Is he entitled to have all the officers in his precinct kneel down before him?
Renard has been a first class SOB to Nick. He has failed Portland and put the citizens in mortal danger. Nick more than entitled to Grimmly discipline Renard. He has a duty and obligation to the public he serves to take Renard down.
New Guy

Hi New Guy-
You know, it's a funny thing, a kind of weird comparison I noticed here. Nick, in his usual flagrant way, wanted to completely disregard the warrant. Renard actually complied with it. Why do you suppose that is?