Grimm Forum
S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger (/Thread-S5E02-Clear-and-Wesen-Danger)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - GrimmForum - 11-07-2015

Season 5 Episode 2
Clear and Wesen Danger

[Image: ErCnQl9l.jpg]

Air Date: November 6, 2015

Synopsis: On the heels of becoming a new father, Nick (David Giuntoli) must make some major changes to keep his child and Adalind (Claire Coffee) safe. Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) step in to help prepare for the new addition. Meanwhile, Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz) assigns Hank (Russell Hornsby) a new partner as they investigate a brutal murder at an investment group. Reggie Lee also stars.

Sorry for the late posting of the discussion thread. Currently out of town, and didn't get back to my hotel in time. Hope you all enjoyed the episode!

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - speakeasy - 11-07-2015

That was good. Even the most clueless (me) viewer could spot the Easter egg in this episode if they were looking for it and I was. Watched the first show three times and couldn't see it, but the writers are back to their old tricks and practically dropping a brick wall on our heads - but glad it was there anyhow. Smile

Well, Adalind's dialogue reminded me of her deliberate decision to rid herself temporarily of her hexenbiest self. Everyone deserves a second chance, so I'm on board to let her have it since I've always liked the character. That's a stand-alone statement regarding what seems to be a sincere attempt at redemption; not a vote of confidence on a relationship with Nick. I'm taking a wait and see position on that.

This new wesen is a beauty, hope one doesn't move in next door to me. But the story gave an impression that the uprising had been planned for some time, with everyone doing their part - including those who raise funds for the enterprise by means of embezzlement. Still holding to my guess that the Royals are involved somehow in this movement even in the face of evidence to the contrary. Big Grin

Nick is not my favorite character, but he has always come over as compassionate to me. And I felt that was showcased in this episode. His friends seem to genuinely to care about him and want to follow his lead. Thought I saw a 'for sale' sign outside of his house; seems like he's taking Monroe's sage advice.

That little baby is so beautiful. All babies are, just looking at them gives you hope for the future.

Hank is the man and he proved it again when he jumped into the brink and fought that ugly old wesen. It's one thing to go up against these guys when you are a Grimm or another wesen, but Hank is just a regular human tough guy who jumps into the fray in spite of being aware that it's not an even battle. Goes to his dedication to his friendship to Nick, imo.

Boy, that show televises (new word?) so darkly on my screen. You'd think you were in Gotham. I'm planning to watch it again with a pair of night glasses.

Hope the episode poll vote goes up, there were only about 15 participants for the first one.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Grimmster123 - 11-07-2015

I really enjoyed this episode. Hank and his new partner Pogue were interesting together for example when they first show up at the crime scene and Hank says "What do we got?" which is normally what him and Nick say but Pogue says something else and the two just look at each other.

A lot of action in this episode which I thought was missing in the premiere. I love the wesen of the week style of this week's episode but I also like how it connected to the overall story of the season, the wesen uprising.

Did anyone else see that when Betty Frame was deleting the information off the computer the last thing deleted was a picture of Captain Renard. My guess is that he is somehow involved as the leader of this uprising. Monroe said that what Betty said right before she jumped out the window was roughly translated to, "Free the Hidden" or "Free What's Hidden" my guess is that either that refers to freeing your inner wesen to the public or that it refers to finding out what the keys go to or both. If it is the keys than I can totally see why Renard would be involved after all he did steal one of the keys before. It would also make sense because they did say they would reveal what the keys went to this season.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Hexenadler - 11-07-2015

I don't think I'm going to be tuning into GRIMM anymore, at least not for the time being. Here's the reason: Nick and Adalind together? I can't stand it.

I hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Every moment they share the same screen, it screams of the writers forcing their new relationship down our throats, and to hell with everything she's done to Nick prior, including...let's face it...raping him. If their genders were reversed, odds are people would have been screaming for the show's immediate cancellation.

Here's another message I'm not liking too much: Nick is only able to warm up to Adalind because she's not "technically" a Hexenbiest anymore. Which means, as soon as she reverts back (something that was hinted at in this episode), whatever progress they'll have made will inevitably disintegrate, because...well, Hexenbiests are evil bitches and can't be trusted, period.

This is what I mean about the fatalistic themes on this show. I feel tired and nauseous at the end of every story, and I don't need that on my plate anymore.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - jsgrimm45 - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 06:34 AM)Grimmster123 Wrote: I really enjoyed this episode. Hank and his new partner Pogue were interesting together for example when they first show up at the crime scene and Hank says "What do we got?" which is normally what him and Nick say but Pogue says something else and the two just look at each other.

A lot of action in this episode which I thought was missing in the premiere. I love the wesen of the week style of this week's episode but I also like how it connected to the overall story of the season, the wesen uprising.

Did anyone else see that when Betty Frame was deleting the information off the computer the last thing deleted was a picture of Captain Renard. My guess is that he is somehow involved as the leader of this uprising. Monroe said that what Betty said right before she jumped out the window was roughly translated to, "Free the Hidden" or "Free What's Hidden" my guess is that either that refers to freeing your inner wesen to the public or that it refers to finding out what the keys go to or both. If it is the keys than I can totally see why Renard would be involved after all he did steal one of the keys before. It would also make sense because they did say they would reveal what the keys went to this season.
Interesting idea on the keys I hadn't put them into this theme, would we now go to the idea that the keys benefit the wesen world? I thought the picture of Renard was background on the Portland PD the one who likely be a problem for them. I like the key idea will have to think about that for a time.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Secret Keeper - 11-07-2015

My automatic assumption was that Free the Hidden referred to stopping hiding wesen from the public.

Did anybody else catch that Adalind said what if Kelly is a hexengrimm? Shouldn't it have been zauergrimm? I can buy it as an 'Adalind got caught up and wasn't properly thinking about what she was saying' mistake like when someone asked me if I was my brother's brother instead of sister back in junior high, but I find it unlikely that the writers did it deliberately. Possible, but unlikely.

(11-07-2015, 06:48 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: I don't think I'm going to be tuning into GRIMM anymore, at least not for the time being. Here's the reason: Nick and Adalind together? I can't stand it.

I can definitely understand that. Don't know what else to say about it.

Hexenadler Wrote:Here's another message I'm not liking too much: Nick is only able to warm up to Adalind because she's not "technically" a Hexenbiest anymore. Which means, as soon as she reverts back (something that was hinted at in this episode), whatever progress they'll have made will inevitably disintegrate, because...well, Hexenbiests are evil bitches and can't be trusted, period.

I think it's more about Adalind as a hexenbiest can't be trusted. Renard's mother seemed like she could be trustworthy if she wanted to be, and probably Henrietta (was that the name of the one Renard sent Juliette to?) so my take is that the influence of the power can be fought.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - GrimmForum - 11-07-2015

Bump

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Hexenadler - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 04:54 PM)Secret Keeper Wrote: Did anybody else catch that Adalind said what if Kelly is a hexengrimm? Shouldn't it have been zauergrimm? I can buy it as an 'Adalind got caught up and wasn't properly thinking about what she was saying' mistake like when someone asked me if I was my brother's brother instead of sister back in junior high, but I find it unlikely that the writers did it deliberately. Possible, but unlikely.

There's a crazy idea: Whenever Kelly "woges," he turns into a girl! A very ugly girl! Tongue

Quote:I think it's more about Adalind as a hexenbiest can't be trusted. Renard's mother seemed like she could be trustworthy if she wanted to be, and probably Henrietta (was that the name of the one Renard sent Juliette to?) so my take is that the influence of the power can be fought.

That's very optimistic speculation, and this show definitely needs a truckload of optimism. Maybe there's hope for Juliette after all (assuming she's still alive).

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Sable677 - 11-07-2015

I really enjoyed this episode. I liked how the case of the week ended up tying into the overall uprising arc. Didn't like Hank's new partner, but it was neat to see Hank and Wu being in the know and needing to work with someone not in the know. Now they know what Nick had to deal with before they found out the truth. I liked the Nick/Adalind scenes and how this story is playing out so far. I'm glad that Adalind is truly trying to change for her son's sake, and I am glad that she is worried about Nick. I am also enjoying the Rosalee scenes. Hopefully it is foreshadowing a little Rosalee or little Monroe in the future.

RE: S5E02 - Clear and Wesen Danger - Lou - 11-07-2015

Before the episode came out I listed some questions and predicted that maybe one would be answered.

Is Juliette really dead?
-- still not sure
Where is her body?
-- no idea
Who is behind that door?
-- don't know that
Where is Dianna?
-- don't know that either
Where is Trubel?
-- and no sign of her.
What is the "secret government organization"
-- absolutely no idea
Is Meisner in it? Or is he just a merc? or is he part of the resistance?
-- don't know, don't know, don't know.
Is Trubel working with the "secret government organization"? or is she a prisoner?
-- Still don't know
Who is coming to Portland? and What do they want?
-- a group with a symbol with 4 stirpes. but otherwise don't know except for their cryptic slogan.
Where is Kelly's head?
-- sheesh, we haven't learned anything
When Chavez's people cleaned up Nick and Juliette's house - did they really make the bed, too?
-- i guess. these guys are really good at cleaning.
Where is Adalind and Kelly going to live?
-- Yea! we found out that they are going to live with Nick.
What is in the cage? and are there more behind the other doors?
-- Booo. we don't know.

So we did learn one thing. These questions are going to make up the structure of the season long arc. My guess is that the writers are going to do exactly what they have done before and stretch this stuff to the very limit.

I really don't like the writers sense of pacing. They just move things along so slowly. but I'll probably watch this show right to the end. Although I can see a possibility of them pissing me off with something to do with Juliette or Adalind. According to Hexenalder she may be not returning next Friday.

Anyway, I do like that they have stuck with keeping this at its core a procedural. And in this episode I liked how it got pretty complicated pretty fast.