Grimm Forum
Jurassic World - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Community)
+--- Forum: Movies (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Movies)
+--- Thread: Jurassic World (/Thread-Jurassic-World)

Jurassic World - CoffeeGirl - 11-04-2015

what do you guys make of the Jurassic world film? I was really surprised I thought it was really good & much better than the lost world & Jurassic Park 3 which where major let downs after Jurassic Park. I was expecting much of the same, but was quite surprised what do you all think to it?

RE: Jurassic World - irukandji - 11-27-2015

(11-04-2015, 12:30 PM)CoffeeGirl Wrote: what do you guys make of the Jurassic world film? I was really surprised I thought it was really good & much better than the lost world & Jurassic Park 3 which where major let downs after Jurassic Park. I was expecting much of the same, but was quite surprised what do you all think to it?

I just had a chance to see this film last week. I had heard through reviews that if a person saw the first Jurassic Park, this wasn't anything that hadn't been done before. I do agree with that, but I found the film enjoyable.

I didn't like the red haired female lead actress (can't recall her name). I thought she overacted.

I really liked the premise of training the velociraptors. I thought that was an interesting concept. I also liked that the film didn't treat the training like it was a done deal and these animals were tame pets and would do whatever Grady would order them to do. That was a very nice touch.

I also liked the boys finding the jeep and getting it to run again, and then tearing off in the park with it. Total fun.

I would have liked Jurassic World to take a different story approach though. Having the dinosaurs yet run amok again and turn the park into a disaster zone just seemed a little on the unbelievable side with 20,000+ people on the premises, These people have had 20 years to get it right. Dinosaurs shouldn't be able to get loose so easily.

I hear the lead actors signed on for at least another film with the possibility of one after that.

RE: Jurassic World - Arrow - 04-12-2016

In contrast to the Jurassic park movies, I really like jurassic world and was pleasantly surprised how good the movie was Smile

RE: Jurassic World - Grimm_guardian - 04-18-2016

Yeah, I agree with Arrow. Jurassic World is much better than the Jurassic Park movies!

RE: Jurassic World - Harphinia Lunatail - 08-28-2017

As someone who's been studying dinosaurs for the past 25 years, I've always enjoyed the 'Jurassic Park' movies and I'm looking forward to the release of 'Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom' in June next year. The only thing I didn't like about 'Jurassic World' was the inclusion of the hybrid Indominus Rex, since this dinosaur didn't actually exist in real life, whilst all the others did. I see no reason for there to be fake hybrid dinosaurs when there's plenty of real ones to choose from.