Grimm Forum
Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? (/Thread-Why-did-Meinser-tell-Nick-to-take-the-Chavez-phone)

Pages: 1 2

Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? - jsgrimm45 - 11-02-2015

When Nick answered Chavez phone and told Meinser that Chavez and the group they were to meet with were dead, Meinser told him to take the phone. That we know now the question is why?

Could they want to track him using the phone?
Could they want to contact him with the phone?
Did they not want the phone to fall into the others hands?

Any ideas?

RE: Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? - grimm1234 - 11-02-2015

I would answer yes to all 3 questions.
The first one because maybes they want to keep an eye on him, see what he's getting up to now that he knows about them and generally just keep one step ahead as now they know he could be a threat to them.

The second one because now they are probablys thinking they will be able to use him to help them with whatever it is that they are up to and using trubel to do so, and to keep him close.

The third one also maybes yes, if whoever it was that attacked them and killed Chavez or anyone else who may be onto them could have got ahold of it and And I can imagine there will be important information on it about what they are doing.

This is just my opinion though I don't know for sure.

The only question I have is how is nick going to get on the phone? And how is he going to answer it if you need chavez's finger print like she did when someone called her when they had kidnapped her and when Nick answered it?

RE: Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? - Lou - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 02:24 PM)grimm1234 Wrote: The only question I have is how is nick going to get on the phone? And how is he going to answer it if you need chavez's finger print like she did when someone called her when they had kidnapped her and when Nick answered it?

I think she said she needed the fingerprint so that they would know it was her. Maybe he can still answer the phone without it.

RE: Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? - New Guy - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 02:48 PM)Lou Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 02:24 PM)grimm1234 Wrote: The only question I have is how is nick going to get on the phone? And how is he going to answer it if you need chavez's finger print like she did when someone called her when they had kidnapped her and when Nick answered it?

I think she said she needed the fingerprint so that they would know it was her. Maybe he can still answer the phone without it.
Wu. Passwords? No problem. He will crack it for Nick.

RE: Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? - Lin S. - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 01:55 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: When Nick answered Chavez phone and told Meinser that Chavez and the group they were to meet with were dead, Meinser told him to take the phone. That we know now the question is why?

Any ideas?

I agree with all 3. Particularly the part where they can track Nick now. On the other hand Nick has their number also. Can he track their phone?

RE: Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? - jsgrimm45 - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 02:52 PM)Lin S. Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 01:55 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: When Nick answered Chavez phone and told Meinser that Chavez and the group they were to meet with were dead, Meinser told him to take the phone. That we know now the question is why?

Any ideas?

I agree with all 3. Particularly the part where they can track Nick now. On the other hand Nick has their number also. Can he track their phone?
I had not thought of that in fact he may use it first to find Trubel.

RE: Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? - Wessenrein - 11-02-2015

I just watched the new episode again. As to why Meisner told Nick to keep Chavez's phone, all of your thoughts merit good reasoning.

I would say that contacting Nick would be number one reason.

Tracking is a good possibility, maybe, maybe not?

Not wanting the wrong ppl to get hold of the phone is most certainly a reason, after all, they took Juliette's body, Kelly's head, Trubel, and the crossbow just to cover up the scene at Nick's house, so, it makes sense they would not want anything falling into the wrong hands.

Just to put a spin on your contact thouight, maybe it's not just Meisner who will make contact with Nick, maybe Bill Campbell? We have yet to see him and do not know whose side he will be on? I'm not sure Chavez is actually part of any secret Government organization, maybe, but it also appears taht she was working with the resistance, as Meisner is part of that group, as I'm sure there's more than just Chavez and Meisner, so, could Bill Campbell be making contact with Nick, or preparing to do combat with Nick? Guess we'll find out soon.

One more thing about Chavez, really thought her character would last a bit lonjger, bvit of a shame, seemed interesting enough, anyways, did I see Chavez hand Nick THE final key? AS she was taking her last breath, she dreached into her pocket and handed Nick something, it was not her phone, as Nick took tha from her pocket after she faded away when it rang and used her thumb print for verification, then spoke to whomever called, which we know was Meisner, but, what Chavez handed Nick looked like the final key, too me.

Not trying to highjack the thread, just wanted to know if what I saw is really what I saw. lol I am having eye troubles lately, in fact, I'm scheduled for eye surgery in the morning, it's been harder to see with blood in my eye but hopefully that gets cleared up in the morning. Anyways, just looking for confirmation of the final key. It's awesome that Grimm (and a few other shows) are back.

Oh, a thought or two on how Nick could answer the phone.

1. he could cut off Chavez's thumb, bit gruesome but plausible, lol

2. he could lift Chavez's print from the phone, he's a cop, has access to forensics.

3. maybe they have his print on file, he's a cop/Grimm, his print likely isn't hat hard to find.

RE: Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? - Lou - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 06:50 PM)Wessenrein Wrote: Anyways, just looking for confirmation of the final key. It's awesome that Grimm (and a few other shows) are back.
d.
In the thread for the episode someone included a screen cap. It looks like it's Trubel's chess piece - the black knight

RE: Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? - Wessenrein - 11-03-2015

Thanks Lou, that does make a lot more sense, since, Trubel has been kidnapped by Chavez and that group.

Perhaps this group is wanting to build a modern day version of the Grimm Knights.

RE: Why did Meinser tell Nick to take the Chavez phone? - izzy - 11-03-2015

Well to the best of my knowledge, all modern cell phones cannot actually be shut totally off, so it can be used to track Nick. And all modern phone can be used as remote listening device also.

But I think the most likely reason is Chavez had downloaded some cool gaming app onto the phone and Meinser had played it on her phone and wanted to preserve his high score.