Grimm Forum
Pilar - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Pilar (/Thread-Pilar)

Pilar - J73 - 10-15-2015

After rewatching the series again, I cant help wonder about the woman called Pilar, when she helped Juliette get her memories back. What bugs me the most, is the fact she knew what drink to give Juliette to help focus her memories on, this implies to me that she is Wesen or knows about Wesen. Also it can be taken both ways when Juliette introduces Nick to Pilar and she says " I know who he is ".
What are your thoughts or views?

RE: Pilar - Lin S. - 10-15-2015

(10-15-2015, 03:34 AM)J73 Wrote: After rewatching the series again, I cant help wonder about the woman called Pilar, when she helped Juliette get her memories back. What bugs me the most, is the fact she knew what drink to give Juliette to help focus her memories on, this implies to me that she is Wesen or knows about Wesen. Also it can be taken both ways when Juliette introduces Nick to Pilar and she says " I know who he is ".
What are your thoughts or views?

I can't quite answer that the way you are asking it. But I know one thing she does. She explains to us how to see the fairy tales clearly. She tells Juliette the way to make sense of all the many memories/messages she is getting at once, is to pick only 1 memory at a time and live in that memory first.

Seeing the fairy tales in Grimm works the same way. You have to pick one fairy tale to concentrate on and ignore all the other clues for a moment. You follow Sleeping Beauty, or Snow White, or whatever and only focus on that one fairy tale then you can "see" the fairy tale out of the jumble of events.

That means you have to watch the episodes more than once. The first time you just follow the Grimm plot. The second time you watch you concentrate on seeing one fairy tale. When that fairy tale is clear to you you can then pick another fairy tale and follow it.

There are multiple fairy tales running through the series just as there were multiple memories of Nick flooding Juliette at one time.

As to what else Pilar is I don't know. Now that Juliette is dead I don't think Pilar will show up again. But I could be wrong. It is an intriguing idea. Just who or what is Pilar. I'll have to think about that. Thanks.

RE: Pilar - jsgrimm45 - 10-15-2015

Good question I always thought she was to be a psychic but your question is on point what is she? I still think psychic but does know the Grimm Wesen world. Knows some potions. I do think she will return time to time to help Nick, with where to look, question then do we trust her and she was Juliette friend and as a psychic will know what happen? Good question as I had forgotten about her role.

Could she help Nick figure out Kelly's plan B? Like could she help Nick find the coins or the if the keys are lost maybe the keys?

RE: Pilar - wfmyers1207 - 10-15-2015

This is a question that interested me as well. Last year during the season hiatus another forum member called Starfury and I speculated on this issue.

Was she wessen, a psychic, or some kind of a 'white witch', sort of an anti-hexenbeist.

She seemed to know exactly what Nick and the crew needed, but never told them more than that. Is that because she has limitations? Or, is she perhaps under some kind of strictures that she has to obey?

I have been very disappointed that the character has not reappeared since late in S2. Sad

RE: Pilar - Hexenadler - 10-15-2015

(10-15-2015, 09:38 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Was she wessen, a psychic, or some kind of a 'white witch', sort of an anti-hexenbeist.

It would be interesting to see if Pilar turns out to be instrumental in Juliette's resurrection/redemption. Maybe Juliette's condition can't be cured, but perhaps a portion of her humanity can still be restored somehow.

RE: Pilar - Lin S. - 10-15-2015

(10-15-2015, 09:38 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: She seemed to know exactly what Nick and the crew needed, but never told them more than that. Is that because she has limitations? Or, is she perhaps under some kind of strictures that she has to obey?

Maybe her stricture is common sense. She knows you can't tell people more than they are ready to hear or they will get pissed off at you.

RE: Pilar - wfmyers1207 - 10-16-2015

(10-15-2015, 10:14 AM)Lin S. Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 09:38 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: She seemed to know exactly what Nick and the crew needed, but never told them more than that. Is that because she has limitations? Or, is she perhaps under some kind of strictures that she has to obey?

Maybe her stricture is common sense. She knows you can't tell people more than they are ready to hear or they will get pissed off at you.

Good point. BTW, made a mistake in my last post. She did appear in S3; "El Cucuy". My bad.Blush

RE: Pilar - jsgrimm45 - 10-16-2015

(10-16-2015, 09:14 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:

Good point. BTW, made a mistake in my last post. She did appear in S3; "El Cucuy". My bad.Blush
That episode is what gave me the idea she knows more about the wesen Grimm world. Like the Gypsy Queen, I figure both will reappear I think the contract Adalind signed will come up again also.

RE: Pilar - Lin S. - 10-16-2015

(10-16-2015, 10:24 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

That episode is what gave me the idea she knows more about the wesen Grimm world. Like the Gypsy Queen, I figure both will reappear I think the contract Adalind signed will come up again also.

Oh yeah that contract! You are right we don't know what Adalind agreed to when she was all vengenceful and put her bloody palm print on that piece of paper. That contract is sure to come back to haunt Adalind and Nick.

RE: Pilar - jsgrimm45 - 10-16-2015

(10-16-2015, 03:10 PM)Lin S. Wrote:
(10-16-2015, 10:24 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Oh yeah that contract! You are right we don't know what Adalind agreed to when she was all vengenceful and put her bloody palm print on that piece of paper. That contract is sure to come back to haunt Adalind and Nick.
We don't know what the fallout of the contract will be, I agree it will come back to Adalind and Nick maybe even his son. That's been my thinking that the spell on the contract will be a problem at some point.