Grimm Forum
Nick's House - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Cast & Crew (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Cast-Crew)
+--- Thread: Nick's House (/Thread-Nick-s-House)

Pages: 1 2

Nick's House - New Guy - 10-06-2015

Hello Forum:

Nick and Juliette's house actually exists:

805 NE Prescott St, Portland, OR 97211
4 beds 2 baths 2,949 sq ft

In season 2 when Juliette returns home from the hospital, Nick sleeps on the sofa.

If this house has 4 bedrooms, why is he sleeping on the sofa?

New Guy

RE: Nick's House - Hexenadler - 10-06-2015

You know the exteriors and interiors of a house used in a television show are usually filmed separately, right?

RE: Nick's House - jsgrimm45 - 10-06-2015

(10-06-2015, 11:41 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Forum:

In season 2 when Juliette returns home from the hospital, Nick sleeps on the sofa.

New Guy
Juliette tells Kenneth 2 bedrooms 2 baths. Maybe Nick slept on the couch to give her space my guess.

RE: Nick's House - Lin S. - 10-06-2015

(10-06-2015, 12:06 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

New Guy
Juliette tells Kenneth 2 bedrooms 2 baths. Maybe Nick slept on the couch to give her space my guess.

What could be in those other two rooms? Now I'm curious.

RE: Nick's House - jsgrimm45 - 10-07-2015

(10-06-2015, 03:23 PM)Lin S. Wrote:

New Guy

The set house is a lot smaller not 2949 sq ft more like 1200 sq ft just guess at set room size. The master bedroom looks more like 15 X 15 same with guest room. We had a big debate on the cost of housing in Portland as 2949 house would be over a million dollars even a 1200 house would be from 250K to 400K something about them not allowing new housing. Remember Sean thanks his mother for the house because as he said cost a small fortune. I believe the make the set small for filming. Just a guess there are not other rooms on the set, just what you see on first floor and the two bedrooms upstairs. Any help?

RE: Nick's House - New Guy - 10-07-2015

Hi Forum:

Thank you for looking at and commenting on this post. Here is some data for 805 NE Prescott St. Portland, OR 97211:

Per Zillow.com (used in original post):

Off Market
Zestimate®: $576,869 (Estimated Fair Market Price)
Rent Zestimate®: $2,376/mo

Per Redfin.com:

Last Sold Price: $499,900 Sold On: Dec 23, 2011
Beds:4 Baths:2
2,476 Sq. Ft. $202 / Sq. Ft.
Built: 1906 Lot Size: 5,500 Sq. Ft.
Source: Public Records

The “Sold Price” is public information: https://multco.us/assessment-taxation
But you need to register an pay to view.
The current Sq. Ft. (per Zillow) has increased by 473 Sq. Ft.

. . .

Q1. It seems the actual property is 4 bed rooms and the Grimm set has 2. Why is Nick sleeping on the sofa rather than in the “spare” bed room?

Q2. The often quoted annual “Jobs Rated Almanac” is available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Jobs-Rated-Almanac-Openings-ebook/dp/B00VZB31T0
You can find a summary of the top 2015 jobs at: http://www.careercast.com/jobs-rated/jobs-rated-report-2015-ranking-top-200-jobs
For Nick and Juliette, their jobs (Police Officer and Veterinarian) came in at #187 and #48. The Grimm writers have not provided any pay data (W-2, Schedule C or K-1) nor do we know any specifics about net worth. We know Nick owns two keys that the Royals have literally died to possess. Based on:
http://www.mymoneyblog.com/we-got-pre-qualified-for-a-mortgage-and-it-was-shocking.html
If they were debt free, they need gross annual income (no down payment) of $100,000 to buy the house. Could they buy the house? Nick only, no. Juliette only, maybe but depends on her debt and W-2. Jointly, maybe but depends on their debt. What are your thoughts? By the way, Loan Officer came in at #53.

The question is pertinent since Nick may need to move out. Even if he is renting, the $2,376 per month could force the move.

New Guy

RE: Nick's House - Lin S. - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 10:29 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Forum:

Thank you for looking at and commenting on this post. Here is some data for 805 NE Prescott St. Portland, OR 97211:

Per Zillow.com (used in original post):

Off Market
Zestimate®: $576,869 (Estimated Fair Market Price)
Rent Zestimate®: $2,376/mo

Per Redfin.com:

Last Sold Price: $499,900 Sold On: Dec 23, 2011
Beds:4 Baths:2
2,476 Sq. Ft. $202 / Sq. Ft.
Built: 1906 Lot Size: 5,500 Sq. Ft.
Source: Public Records

The “Sold Price” is public information: https://multco.us/assessment-taxation
But you need to register an pay to view.
The current Sq. Ft. (per Zillow) has increased by 473 Sq. Ft.

. . .

Q1. It seems the actual property is 4 bed rooms and the Grimm set has 2. Why is Nick sleeping on the sofa rather than in the “spare” bed room?

Q2. The often quoted annual “Jobs Rated Almanac” is available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Jobs-Rated-Almanac-Openings-ebook/dp/B00VZB31T0
You can find a summary of the top 2015 jobs at: http://www.careercast.com/jobs-rated/jobs-rated-report-2015-ranking-top-200-jobs
For Nick and Juliette, their jobs (Police Officer and Veterinarian) came in at #187 and #48. The Grimm writers have not provided any pay data (W-2, Schedule C or K-1) nor do we know any specifics about net worth. We know Nick owns two keys that the Royals have literally died to possess. Based on:
http://www.mymoneyblog.com/we-got-pre-qualified-for-a-mortgage-and-it-was-shocking.html
If they were debt free, they need gross annual income (no down payment) of $100,000 to buy the house. Could they buy the house? Nick only, no. Juliette only, maybe but depends on her debt and W-2. Jointly, maybe but depends on their debt. What are your thoughts? By the way, Loan Officer came in at #53.

The question is pertinent since Nick may need to move out. Even if he is renting, the $2,376 per month could force the move.

New Guy

He could always fix up the postman's cottage in the woods. It's vacant.

RE: Nick's House - irukandji - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 08:25 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

New Guy

The set house is a lot smaller not 2949 sq ft more like 1200 sq ft just guess at set room size. The master bedroom looks more like 15 X 15 same with guest room. We had a big debate on the cost of housing in Portland as 2949 house would be over a million dollars even a 1200 house would be from 250K to 400K something about them not allowing new housing. Remember Sean thanks his mother for the house because as he said cost a small fortune. I believe the make the set small for filming. Just a guess there are not other rooms on the set, just what you see on first floor and the two bedrooms upstairs. Any help?

It depends on the area, js. Some of the houses my brother showed us didn't look like anything that would range at a million dollars, but according to him, they would go for that amount. I checked with him again when I recently visited and Portland still has a building restriction in place to prevent urban sprawl. My brother owns an acreage and is not allowed to build on to his house or even put up a new barn. Property is at a premium there. I don't know the specifics, I don't live in the area. But my guess was that Juliette's house would have sold for $399,000 on up, depending on the specifics.

In relation to the argument about what Juliette made, she could have never afforded the house and the multitude of expenses that come with being a vet unless she had other businesses going in addition to being a vet.

Right now, I'm assuming the writers are going to let the audience believe it is now Nick's house, although I have no idea how he would be able to afford it.

RE: Nick's House - Lin S. - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 04:27 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 08:25 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

New Guy

It depends on the area, js. Some of the houses my brother showed us didn't look like anything that would range at a million dollars, but according to him, they would go for that amount. I checked with him again when I recently visited and Portland still has a building restriction in place to prevent urban sprawl. My brother owns an acreage and is not allowed to build on to his house or even put up a new barn. Property is at a premium there. I don't know the specifics, I don't live in the area. But my guess was that Juliette's house would have sold for $399,000 on up, depending on the specifics.

In relation to the argument about what Juliette made, she could have never afforded the house and the multitude of expenses that come with being a vet unless she had other businesses going in addition to being a vet.

Right now, I'm assuming the writers are going to let the audience believe it is now Nick's house, although I have no idea how he would be able to afford it.

magic.

RE: Nick's House - eric - 10-08-2015

Juliette made him beneficiary on her life insurance before the change? Neighborhood property values drop like a rock after the mass killings in several adjourning houses? Who would want to buy there if you would be surrounded by ghosts? Big Grin