Grimm Forum
Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Comics & Books (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Comics-Books)
+--- Thread: Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) (/Thread-Discussion-Grimm-comic-issue-1-beware-spoilers)

Pages: 1 2

Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) - grimmfreak - 06-12-2013

I'm starting this thread so people who have not read issue #2 can discuss without the risk of spoilers. If you plan on reading this issue and have not, beware spoilers.

the big question from this issue is who is the mystery Grimm introduced in the end... Any guesses?

I was wondering if maybe she might be Nick's sister, as her age is about right to have been born within 9 months of Nick's father's death... this would be a major thing to reveal outside an episode but it would be cool.

I give the issue a 8.5 out of ten... good start.

RE: Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) - FräuleinWunderlich - 06-13-2013

Read the first Issue complete. What the face! We got another Grimm, it it´s a woman. woohoo.
Very interessting, the nun says the Lady Grimm attacked Nick´s mother. But in the end she helped Nick against the wesen from her boss.
If I understand the comic correct, they say that there are only 3 coins. Akira Kimura has got a lot more coins on his back tattooed.

RE: Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) - grimmfreak - 06-13-2013

(06-13-2013, 12:12 PM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: Read the first Issue complete. What the face! We got another Grimm, it it´s a woman. woohoo.
Very interessting, the nun says the Lady Grimm attacked Nick´s mother. But in the end she helped Nick against the wesen from her boss.
If I understand the comic correct, they say that there are only 3 coins. Akira Kimura has got a lot more coins on his back tattooed.

You might want to re-read the ending... I did too, so I could clear up your confusion... Yes the nun says the female grimm took nicks mother, but than the nun did a woge into a lausenschlange and said to her big gang of hundjagar etc. "Drauz wants the grimm alive. Kill the others"
Several pages before, Kelly's capture and torturer reveals his name is Drauz.
It was the female grimm that took out the gang of hundjager when they were about to kill Monroe and Hank and take Nick prisoner.
So, the nun was working for Drauz and blamed another female grimm for their abduction of Kelly while they got ready to abduct Nick.

The interesting thing that Drauz said is that the coins are less important than the grimm, because despite the power of the coins the Wesen had rebelled when there were no grimm to protect the holder of the coins. Drauz revealed that part of his agenda is to bring Nick to his boss (whoever that is) because Grimm on your side = power...

As for the thing about three coins being struck. Originally (according to things said on the show) there were more coins struck but that many vanished over the centuries (perhaps destroyed by grimm). The comic never states that only three coins were struck and the writers probably didn't want to take the time to explain that some vanished... My guess is that Kimura's tattoos represent the original full set of coins.

Well, I hope I have cleared up any confusion.

By the way... any guesses as to who this mystery grimm is???

RE: Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) - FräuleinWunderlich - 06-16-2013

(06-13-2013, 02:13 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: My guess is that Kimura's tattoos represent the original full set of coins.
I think it's still weird that all the time just talking about is 3 coins.The comic is said that the cast were 800 BC. If it is a set, then they would still have been all made ​​at the same time in the same place.
But maybe you got right. Perhaps it is indeed the last 3 that are left. And if they are destroyed is extinguished their power.

(06-13-2013, 02:13 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: By the way... any guesses as to who this mystery grimm is???

Not really. Hope she is on Nicks side. Maybe the daughter of Aunt Marie? Or the sister of Nick. Or, I know it sounds crazy, the wife of the captain. After all, he wears a wedding ring pretty obvious Wink

RE: Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) - grimmfreak - 06-16-2013

(06-16-2013, 12:26 PM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote:
(06-13-2013, 02:13 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: My guess is that Kimura's tattoos represent the original full set of coins.
I think it's still weird that all the time just talking about is 3 coins.The comic is said that the cast were 800 BC. If it is a set, then they would still have been all made ​​at the same time in the same place.
But maybe you got right. Perhaps it is indeed the last 3 that are left. And if they are destroyed is extinguished their power.

(06-13-2013, 02:13 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: By the way... any guesses as to who this mystery grimm is???

Not really. Hope she is on Nicks side. Maybe the daughter of Aunt Marie? Or the sister of Nick. Or, I know it sounds crazy, the wife of the captain. After all, he wears a wedding ring pretty obvious Wink
IMO, they made it pretty clear on the show that all the coins were minted at the same time.
Sister was my guess... She is about the right age to have been born shortly after nick's father was killed.

RE: Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) - FräuleinWunderlich - 06-17-2013

(06-16-2013, 07:34 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: Sister was my guess... She is about the right age to have been born shortly after nick's father was killed.

That´s right! Hope she is not his sister. That would be pretty lame. Sad
I wonder if she is probably a character of the 3rd. season.

RE: Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) - pale boy - 06-17-2013

Looking at this thread makes me think I'm missing out by not reading the comics. :/

How do you guys like them so far?

RE: Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) - grimmfreak - 06-17-2013

(06-17-2013, 06:50 PM)pale boy Wrote: Looking at this thread makes me think I'm missing out by not reading the comics. :/

I think they've been great so far. They've been fast paced run reads with good plot twists and suspense elements. Being the type that doesn't mind spoilers I read the preview blurbs from upcoming issues and it sounds like there are some really interesting twists coming up. I personally don't understand why any Grimm fan wouldn't want to get in on them, especially when the show isn't airing new episodes... I mean they're short reads and they only cost 4 bucks an issue, but hey, I like comic books already, maybe they're an acquired taste. Anyway I hope you join in on the fun.

RE: Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) - FräuleinWunderlich - 06-18-2013

I like the painting style.
@ grimmfreak
were did you get the preview blurbs? Or do you mean the blurb at the end of the issues?

RE: Discussion- Grimm comic issue #1 (beware spoilers) - pale boy - 06-18-2013

(06-17-2013, 08:00 PM)grimmfreak Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 06:50 PM)pale boy Wrote: Looking at this thread makes me think I'm missing out by not reading the comics. :/

I think they've been great so far. They've been fast paced run reads with good plot twists and suspense elements. Being the type that doesn't mind spoilers I read the preview blurbs from upcoming issues and it sounds like there are some really interesting twists coming up. I personally don't understand why any Grimm fan wouldn't want to get in on them, especially when the show isn't airing new episodes... I mean they're short reads and they only cost 4 bucks an issue, but hey, I like comic books already, maybe they're an acquired taste. Anyway I hope you join in on the fun.

Thanks for the answer. Smile

I've read some comics and graphic novels (Buffy, Sandman, the occasional manga, etc., things like that) but those reading habits tapered off a while ago. I think I might give this one a try.