Grimm Forum
Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 1 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-1)
+---- Thread: Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare (/Thread-Rewatch-1x03-BeeWare)

Pages: 1 2

Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare - GrimmForum - 06-07-2013

BeeWare

[Image: qVZzZoRl.jpg]

Episode: 1x03
Air Date: November 11th, 2011
Synopsis: Nick and Hank investigate a flash mob incident that resulted in a bizarre homicide involving bee venom. While working the case, Nick ends up having to protect the hexenbiest that tried to kill him and his aunt at the hospital.

Resources
Episode Summary (Grimm-Fan.com)
Screen Captures (Grimm-Fan.com)

Our Season 1 rewatch continues with the third episode, BeeWare. What are your thoughts on this episode?

RE: Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare - Lou - 06-07-2013

BeeWare Statistics
(I’m just not that good at counting. Think of these as minimums. )
Head Count = 3
Wogs = 4
Apple sightings = one, couldn’t tell if Doug had an iPhone. But it did have a yellow and black (bumble bee) cover.

There is a Grimm Fairy Tale called Queen Bee. But its plot is not at all like this one. Smile

In some discussions here at the Grimm forum we have been discussing how/when Weson detect that Nick is a Grimm, and the consensus is that they can tell when they woge. But Doug woged in the interview room and didn’t notice that Nick was a Grimm. Or maybe he already knew and wasn’t concerned. Melissa seemed to know Nick was a Grimm before she woged.

Juliette is so nice. It was good to be reminded of the fact after having to be patient with her all Season 2.

However, Monroe is a bit testy. He had some good lines here, too.

When Nick and Monroe go to Melissa’s house, super spooky music. And the sound guys again did a super job with everything. I especially liked the sound of bees crunching underfoot. In the house, I thought Monroe was acting a little bit like Scooby-Doo. Rets Ro Rick.

Some interesting unintentional double intenders in the precinct house:
Renard: Do you know something about Adelind Shade?
Nick: I don’t know anything more than you do.

Wu had some good lines, too. “Of course, I can. I’m Asian.”

When Melissa is in the car with Professor Bee Keeper, she says something like he’ll understand. Is she talking about Nick understanding her warning?

My final thought: Nick should have killed Adalind or let her get killed when he had a chance.

RE: Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare - the-epic-prince - 06-07-2013

Another episode that is awesome. My favorite part is when Monroe is helping Nick with the investigation. favorite line "This is so the part of the horror movie where the sidekick gets it!" I always laugh at that.

RE: Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare - pale boy - 06-07-2013

There are some really gross deaths on Grimm. I think "BeeWare" had some of the worst! Very gruesome. For some reason, I kept thinking that the first season wasn't as dark as the second. Nope. Wrong.

After this episode originally aired, I thought that the Mellifers were meant to have a bigger role in the show than they did, especially with their rivalry against Hexenbiest. Mellifers are supposedly allied with Grimms, so it's kind of strange that we haven't seen more of them. Or maybe not so strange since Nick did plug the queen at the end ... Wonder if his Grimm faux pas caused any trouble for the friendships between other Grimm and Mellifers.

RE: Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare - GrimmForum - 06-08-2013

This episode really struck out to me when I watched it over a year ago, because it was the first episode where they filmed a lot of the scenes in places well known to Portlanders, and they're places I've visited many times. The first murder scene is at the base of our largest hospital OHSU, and the second murder is at the Park Blocks, which are a row of block-sized parks in downtown.

Did anyone notice how the streetcar was moving towards oncoming traffic?

I do miss the cinematography of the earlier episodes. That scene where the bee's cover the window and creates a shadow over Adalind was excellent.

I wonder at the end, who Melissa Wincroft was referring to when she said, "He's coming for you." I wonder if she was referring to Eric or Renard?

RE: Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare - Lou - 06-08-2013

My guess is that Melissa was warning Nick about the Reaper. Turns out that warning wasn't really necessary. Nick never even sees the Reaper. Wonder if that has left Nick wondering and worrying.

RE: Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare - FräuleinWunderlich - 06-08-2013

Good episode, but for me not one of the best.
Adalind &her 2 witchesfriends reminds me in Charmed Big Grin

(06-07-2013, 07:46 PM)Lou Wrote: Some interesting unintentional double intenders in the precinct house:
Renard: Do you know something about Adelind Shade?
Nick: I don’t know anything more than you do.
always this indirect humor Wink

RE: Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare - Sable677 - 06-08-2013

I really enjoyed watching this episode. I liked the tension between Nick, Adelind, and the Captain as each tries to figure out what the other would do. I remembered the Captain kind of testing Nick to see if he would give something away. I enjoyed seeing Monroe helping Nick.

RE: Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare - Gretel Hanselsister - 06-14-2013

Nice episode. I think it's the only one in which Nick doesn't know for sure what to do, whom to protect and whom to fight. He killed the wrong one in the end, but it was the right one from a detective's perspective. It's got a tragic dimension. Never after that he had that struggle between two wrong choices. I like it, there are too many episodes with simply good guy - bad guy characters. And I like the very last scene where Nick is stung by a bee.

Now I have to watch three more episodes tonight to keep up with you- let's get started Big Grin

RE: Rewatch: 1x03 - BeeWare - GrimminFlorida1 - 09-09-2013

I've been rewatching season one and just finished episode three today. I find it amusing how Nick and Monroe first figure things out together.

My favorite part is where Nick says good boy to Monroe. Hilarous line!