Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - N_grimm - 08-05-2020

(08-05-2020, 06:01 AM)irukandji Wrote: Parents don't always reveal everything and Nick's weakness almost brought Z into complete and total power.
Nick's «weakness», i.e. his love for Adalind, Kelly and his friends, was what got him in contact with his inner strength, that saved the world.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-05-2020

(08-05-2020, 09:59 AM)N_grimm Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 06:01 AM)irukandji Wrote: Parents don't always reveal everything and Nick's weakness almost brought Z into complete and total power.
Nick's «weakness», i.e. his love for Adalind, Kelly and his friends, was what got him in contact with his inner strength, that saved the world.

I thought it was the blood of the Grimms, visualized via the appearances of Marie and Kelly.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-05-2020

You could probably make an argument that Nick's decision to go into the mirror to try to recover Eve instead of just abandoning her was a "weakness" that enabled Z to cross over. And Nick certainly seemed to lose his resolve to fight once Z had managed to kill just about everyone he cared about.

The fact that it took the appearance of Kelly and Aunt Marie to bring Nick back to the fight is probably a lesson that nobody is an island and everybody needs help at sometime in their lives.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Tish - 08-06-2020

(08-05-2020, 06:01 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 04:31 AM)Tish Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 12:25 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 06:35 AM)brandon Wrote: I would say there will always be hidden secrets and they would be the " Wesen".

But that raises another question. Nick was ready to give up and it was at that moment of weakness which brought his mother and aunt to him, the blood of the Grimms. Would Nick have talked about that moment of weakness so that Kelly could document it? Or would he have left that out?
Why wouldn't he -- it looks like he did based on the fact that his son is writing in the book 20 years later.  The Grimm books were not known for hiding the good the bad and the ugly about themselves.  There are several times where books by the Grimms documents that they murder a particular strain of Wesen just because they are Wesen.  Also, they document when they don't successfully destroy something because it's important information.  Nick's moment of weakness is an important part of explaining just HOW important the blood of a Grimm is to keeping the evil at bay.  So yes, I do think he revealed that moment to Kelly -- because there could come a time when Kelly may be in something similar -- and need to know from his father just how to conquer that moment of weakness when you want to give into the evil to get what you want most in the world back. This is speculation on my part -- not anything specifically written or portrayed in the show -- just my observation from watching the overall arc of the show.

Parents don't always reveal everything and Nick's weakness almost brought Z into complete and total power.
I have finally figured it out.  You think that Nick is a dumb cop who should  not have had the lead in the show because he wasn't to the level of enlightenment that you thought he should be.  Which is to let Juliette walk all over him and grind him into the ground for things that may or may not have been done to her.  You want her absolved of responsibility for any actions that she took that may or may not have led up to the situation where she took reversal spell that turned her into a hexenbiest.

Until Juliette went off the rails in season 4 you never had to see her overcome anything through any strength of her own.  She just seemed to bounce around like a pinball screaming when she felt left out of the group or if she was put in untenable situations because of her decision to stay with Nick after finding out this whole different part of his life.  You seem to gloss over the point that while she did perform a spell that had lasting effects on her -- initially when Nick lost his powers, after she came to terms with the fact that he slept with another woman that looked like her and didn't seem to know the difference (THAT IS A FRIGGING RED FLAG TO NOT HANG AROUND ANYMORE), she decided that she didn't want Nick to be a Grimm anymore.  She didn't discuss this with him -- she told Monroe and Rosalee to stop looking for a cure.  She is told that not doing anything would be worse than attempting to reverse the spell and she STILL wants a life that is not there anymore.  Once he became a Grimm, that was an irreversible step.  Too much has happened for him to go back to normal.   

After season four you had to see her overcome the destruction that she left in her path.  She didn't want this world, kept on inserting herself into it, and got pissed and tried to burn it down when it bit back.  Seasons 5 and 6 focused on her trying to come to terms without actually coming to terms with the actions that she did.  I know you want to feel sorry for Juliette.  But I don't I don't rabidly hate her... I just think that the situations that she was put in were more for the drama than moving the story along - except for the last part of season 4 -- One other poster said that she would have made an awesome season ending villain -- and I agree...because Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.  They would have had a much more compelling storyline -- and the actress did the burn the earth down hexenbeist sooo much better than any of the other roles on the show she played. Who knows the final season would have probably been this year -- and they would have had a full season to tell that story.

I don't like the fact that you seem to think that Nick is this person that wouldn't reveal the good the bad and the ugly to his son.  Because in the world that they live in, you can have all the good information -- but he's smart enough to realize that the bad and the ugly also make a component of the good and help to make the good that much more enjoyable...and better for all concerned.  The bad and the ugly have a lot of times the needed information to get to the good.  It's almost as thought you want to demonize Nick.  That way you can bestow Sainthood on Juliette.  Nick is more than just a dumb cop -- he's a friggin Grimm -- and should be shown some respect.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-06-2020

May I ask you a question, Tish?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Tish - 08-06-2020

(08-06-2020, 05:20 AM)irukandji Wrote: May I ask you a question, Tish?
Why not?  I have not issues answering -- as long as you have no issues with the answers.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-06-2020

(08-06-2020, 06:04 AM)Tish Wrote:
Why not?  I have not issues answering -- as long as you have no issues with the answers.

Can you please refrain from posting garbage like this?

I have finally figured it out.  You think that Nick is a dumb cop who should  not have had the lead in the show because he wasn't to the level of enlightenment that you thought he should be.  Which is to let Juliette walk all over him and grind him into the ground for things that may or may not have been done to her.  You want her absolved of responsibility for any actions that she took that may or may not have led up to the situation where she took reversal spell that turned her into a hexenbiest.

Let me continue for just a moment.

By your own admission, you have read through various threads on the forum. By now, you would know my position on Nick. Aside from that, you yourself seemed to have no issue with posters being invested in a secondary character. I believe you stated you felt that more interesting.

Rather than focusing on what I think or what I want, or even what I'm trying to get at, can we just drop whatever trouble this paragraph is trying to start and continue with the discussion?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Tish - 08-07-2020

(08-06-2020, 06:45 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 06:04 AM)Tish Wrote:

Can you please refrain from posting garbage like this?

Let me continue for just a moment.

By your own admission, you have read through various threads on the forum. By now, you would know my position on Nick. Aside from that, you yourself seemed to have no issue with posters being invested in a secondary character. I believe you stated you felt that more interesting.

Rather than focusing on what I think or what I want, or even what I'm trying to get at, can we just drop whatever trouble this paragraph is trying to start and continue with the discussion?
I apologize for making this personal -- I will refrain from posting again.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-07-2020

So the option is either you be allowed to make personal comments or you don't post at all? You can't compromise by refraining from being personal and continuing the debate?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Tish - 08-07-2020

(08-07-2020, 06:04 AM)irukandji Wrote: So the option is either you be allowed to make personal comments or you don't post at all? You can't compromise by refraining from being personal and continuing the debate?

I don't know that I actually made it personal.  I called out the issues that I had with your logic...but I didn't call you a moron or an idiot (I don't think you are either, I just don't understand your leaps in logic).  When I say -- I understand where you are coming from -- yes I want you to tell me -- I'm a new person to these boards -- I do have a life and I can't read everything from years back unless they are newer.   Sometimes for the newer people you do need to reiterate your points from before.  The gist of what I have gotten is that you don't like Nick and you love Juliette -- but I still don't understand why.