Grimm Forum
Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness (/Thread-Rate-Grimm-characters-in-terms-of-trustworthiness)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness - izzy - 07-20-2015

Gang,
After reviewing several heavily debated threads I thought it would more poignant and yet fun to boil it all down to: Who can ya trust.

So your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to arrange the following Grimm characters in descending order, in terms of trustworthiness:

Hank
Nick
Wu
Renard
Meisner
Monroe
Rosalee
Adalind
Truble
Bud

RE: Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness - Hexenadler - 07-21-2015

The ugly answer is...none. If Juliette's betrayal implied anything, it's that the writers can cook up any excuse or plot development to turn a formerly likable character into a monster. I wouldn't trust any of these people to even park my car.

RE: Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 07-21-2015

(07-20-2015, 07:09 PM)izzy Wrote: Gang,
After reviewing several heavily debated threads I thought it would more poignant and yet fun to boil it all down to: Who can ya trust.

So your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to arrange the following Grimm characters in descending order, in terms of trustworthiness:

Hank
Nick
Wu
Renard
Meisner
Monroe
Rosalee
Adalind
Truble
Bud
People change. Those who are trustable today cannot be tomorrow.
Considering the end of season 4.

Bud - he faced the wesen crazy tribunal to defend Monroe and his friendship with Nick.
Trubel - she saved Nick twice in the last episode
Wu - even they ask him to stay far from the mansion he went by himself to help Nick
Monroe, Rosalee and Hank - for me at the same level

I am not trusting for while on Nick. We don't know what effect over him of the last events.

Meisner - not background
Renard and Adelaind - they follow their own agenda. I don't trust them.

That is my list.

RE: Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness - New Guy - 07-21-2015

Hi Izzy,

You have posed an interesting question. I looked up “trustworthy” and the Google result seems to provide decent guidance:

able to be relied on as honest or truthful. "leave a spare key with a trustworthy neighbor"
synonyms: reliable, dependable, honest, honorable, upright, principled, true, truthful, as good as one's word, ethical, virtuous, incorruptible, unimpeachable,

We all fall short of perfection. Hexenadler seems a bit harsh. I would agree with Adriano. In particular, I agree that it is a grave mistake to trust any hexebiest or zauberbiest so Adalind and Renard cannot be trusted. I would trust Nick, Hank, Wu or Bud park my car if they were trying to make a few bucks working as valet attendants.

New Guy

RE: Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness - Hexenadler - 07-21-2015

(07-21-2015, 07:53 AM)New Guy Wrote: We all fall short of perfection. Hexenadler seems a bit harsh. I would agree with Adriano. In particular, I agree that it is a grave mistake to trust any hexebiest or zauberbiest so Adalind and Renard cannot be trusted.

But that's exactly my point. This goes way beyond simply being "imperfect." There's a depressing fatalism about how Juliette was simply wired to be untrustworthy after becoming a Hexenbiest. Her love for Nick? The trust Kelly placed in her? All rendered impotent after Juliette's basic nature changed. Juliette couldn't overcome her impulses, so she had to be killed. I like to call it the "Dark Phoenix Syndrome:" A situation where a former loved one of the hero is transformed into a monster, and said hero is forced to put them down like a mad dog.

Essentially, this is what the writers are telling their audience: If the planets are aligned just right, anyone can become a turncoat. Any bond can be violated. Everything is corruptible, nothing is sacred. If that kind of worldview was forced upon me, I wouldn't blame Nick for sticking a gun in his mouth at all.

RE: Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness - irukandji - 07-21-2015

(07-21-2015, 07:53 AM)New Guy Wrote: In particular, I agree that it is a grave mistake to trust any hexebiest or zauberbiest so Adalind and Renard cannot be trusted.

Do you consider Adalind and Renard the poster children for all hexenbiest/zauerbiest wesen?

RE: Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 07-21-2015

(07-21-2015, 08:46 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(07-21-2015, 07:53 AM)New Guy Wrote: We all fall short of perfection. Hexenadler seems a bit harsh. I would agree with Adriano. In particular, I agree that it is a grave mistake to trust any hexebiest or zauberbiest so Adalind and Renard cannot be trusted.

But that's exactly my point. This goes way beyond simply being "imperfect." There's a depressing fatalism about how Juliette was simply wired to be untrustworthy after becoming a Hexenbiest. Her love for Nick? The trust Kelly placed in her? All rendered impotent after Juliette's basic nature changed. Juliette couldn't overcome her impulses, so she had to be killed. I like to call it the "Dark Phoenix Syndrome:" A situation where a former loved one of the hero is transformed into a monster, and said hero is forced to put them down like a mad dog.

Essentially, this is what the writers are telling their audience: If the planets are aligned just right, anyone can become a turncoat. Any bond can be violated. Everything is corruptible, nothing is sacred. If that kind of worldview was forced upon me, I wouldn't blame Nick for sticking a gun in his mouth at all.

Hexenadler, I agree with you 75%, if I can sey that. I will explain first the 25% I don't agree, considering the question about trust:

Juliette changed but she gave signs during the process that I think Nick should have perceived. If Nick connected that Kenneth was responsable for taking Juliette from jail... The burning of the trailer, and the fact that Juliette was liking to be an hexabiest... He would be at least suspicious of her.

Now, the 75% I agree with you.
Juliette became hexanbiest and the writters explained nothing about that. Why? How? When?
Is it possible to replicate the magic? Was it a coincidence? Can anyone normal became a wesen? Can magic transform one wesen in another?
No one of those questions was answered. Because of this, the writters can do what ever they want.
As you said: No one is safe.

This way, I trust Bud, for exameple (my first one in the list), until season 5 starts. After season 5 begins, I will pay attention in everyone actions because everyone can transformed in what ever the writters want.

RE: Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness - jsgrimm45 - 07-21-2015

I'll go with a tier list
Tier one the most trustable:
Hank Monroe Rosalee Trubel Wu Miesner

Tier two (A) trustable but may by accident give away something
Bud other eisbiber Josh

Tier two (B) trustable but with questions to be answered
Renard Alalind Elizabeth

Tier three wait and see
Chavez and who ever the Bill Campbell character resistance

Tier four Never trust
Royals Reapers

RE: Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness - izzy - 07-21-2015

In case anyone cares here is my list in descending order.

Monroe
Truble
Renard
Hank
Rosalee
Wu
Bud
Nick
Meisner
Adalind

I had difficulty deciding whether to give Renard or Truble the number two spot. I believe Renard has a very strong sense of personal honor, as in his word is his bond. So I suspect if he tells you he has your back, he actually has your back. Until he gives his word though, well that is another matter. I gave Truble the nod over Renard simply because she is younger and more idealistic. If she was older I would reconsider.

RE: Rate Grimm characters in terms of trustworthiness - irukandji - 07-21-2015

Knowing what I know about the characters now, this is what I would do:

As a human, I would trust everyone but Adalind, Renard, Nick, Wu and Hank.
As a Grimm, Hexenbiest or Wesen, I wouldn't trust any of them.