Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - brandon - 06-30-2017

Diana its happy see Adalind and Nick together.

RE: Diana - dicappatore - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 07:15 PM)silver Wrote:
Quote: bart said, You still have not answered why you hate them as a couple?

Smile I didn't know I'd taken the stand in Grimm court.

I'm kind of neutral on the subject I guess mainly because by this time, the writers and producers just screwed around so much with improbably and impossible tangents for the story, the fact that Nick knocked her up and now he's doing the 'right thing' after barely being able to contain his rage against her in Renard's office when she sprang the good news on him.

Isn't funny how society looks at men and treated differently when raped?

RE: Diana - silver - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 07:31 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

I'm kind of neutral on the subject I guess mainly because by this time, the writers and producers just screwed around so much with improbably and impossible tangents for the story, the fact that Nick knocked her up and now he's doing the 'right thing' after barely being able to contain his rage against her in Renard's office when she sprang the good news on him.

Does that question have anything to do with my post?! wth

RE: Diana - dicappatore - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 07:35 PM)silver Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 07:31 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

Does that question have anything to do with my post?! wth

nope, just thinking out loud.

RE: Diana - Hell Rell - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 04:39 PM)silver Wrote: Diana could've done a heap more good as the one trying to bring mama and papa together - could've been great and would keep Adalind away from Nick. I mean, Renard and Adalind were together in the beginning - to have them come together at the end (middle whatev) makes infinitely more sense!

What good would bringing Adalind and Renard together do? It keeps Adalind away from Nick but her being paired with Renard isn't a good thing by default.

Renard was seriously power-tripping at the beginning of season 6. He was flying off the handle and gave a shoot-on-sight order on Kelly's father who was innocent of what he was being accused of to "justify" that order.

As has already been said, Renard and Adalind have never been together. She was just his pawn in season 1 and he wanted to get with her for all the wrong reasons in seasons 5/6. That relationship isn't any less toxic and would actually make less sense than Nick and Adalind. There has never been any mutual affection between them and one only had interest in the other when the other could be used.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 07-02-2017

(06-30-2017, 04:39 PM)silver Wrote: Diana could've done a heap more good as the one trying to bring mama and papa together - could've been great and would keep Adalind away from Nick. I mean, Renard and Adalind were together in the beginning - to have them come together at the end (middle whatev) makes infinitely more sense!

She murders Rachel, who actually helped Renard get to the mayoral post. But then does nothing to Nick, who ruined it for him.

If she really wanted to break up Nick and Adalind, just give Nick some dreaded disease that's deadly to hexenbiests. That'd keep them apart.

I wonder if Kelly was suffering from some kind of delusion, conning herself into some strange fantasy about this child being some kind of force for good or evil. Nothing was further from the truth.

RE: Diana - silver - 07-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 06:47 PM)irukandji Wrote:

She murders Rachel, who actually helped Renard get to the mayoral post. But then does nothing to Nick, who ruined it for him.

If she really wanted to break up Nick and Adalind, just give Nick some dreaded disease that's deadly to hexenbiests. That'd keep them apart.

I wonder if Kelly was suffering from some kind of delusion, conning herself into some strange fantasy about this child being some kind of force for good or evil. Nothing was further from the truth.

In spite of Diana's powers she was just a child which was demonstrated nicely by her question to Monroe about some power she had demonstrated (teleporting I think it was) and he said most people can't do that. She had no knowledge of her own powers, assuming everybody could do what she did. Plus neither parent ever told her or restrained her (if that was even possible) from killing people. It's all very strange.

She didn't give a hoot whether daddy became the mayor, just wanted to see mom and dad come together and really love each other, just like any child would.

Aren't we all a force for good or evil?

RE: Diana - irukandji - 07-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 07:04 PM)silver Wrote: In spite of Diana's powers she was just a child which was demonstrated nicely by her question to Monroe about some power she had demonstrated (teleporting I think it was) and he said most people can't do that. She had no knowledge of her own powers, assuming everybody could do what she did. Plus neither parent ever told her or restrained her (if that was even possible) from killing people. It's all very strange.

I don't think I blame Adalind or Renard for this one. I blame Nick's crony interfering mother for the catastrophe that occurred. Because of her actions, Diana was taken away from Adalind and not given back until she was the equivalent of a 10 or 11 year old child. All of the bonding and instruction she would have learned at Adalind's hand was obliterated.

(07-02-2017, 07:04 PM)silver Wrote: She didn't give a hoot whether daddy became the mayor, just wanted to see mom and dad come together and really love each other, just like any child would.

A child's happiness isn't only in seeing their parents together. They want to see their parents happy too. Diana is old enough to be thrilled at her father's happiness at becoming mayor.

(07-02-2017, 07:04 PM)silver Wrote: Aren't we all a force for good or evil?

I would say most of us are a force for both. But the bigger question in my mind is, just how important was the character of Diana to Grimm? In my estimation, the series could have gotten along very well without her.

RE: Diana - rpmaluki - 07-02-2017

They never explained why she killed Rachel but didn't touch Nick. I think it had to do with Adalind. When she visits Sean in his new home and he tries planting some seeds in her head about Nick, she responded by saying something like men shouldn't hurt mommies. Diana saw Rachel as a threat not just to her family but to Adalind's place in Renard's life so she acted against her. Nick, so far hasn't been a visible threat to Adalind but he is to Renard's place in Adalind's life, he also faked being Renard for reasons he couldn't properly explain and she still doesn't go after him. I believe Diana has a deeper connection to Adalind than she does to Renard and it could be because of the ritual mother and daughter both underwent. When she was in the foster care, she drew sketches of Adalind and had a Brothers Grimm book of fairytales in her room, that could be another explanation. Rachel was a complete stranger but Nick isn't. He's the father of her brother and the son of her "other mother".

RE: Diana - silver - 07-02-2017

Sure, Diana wasn't necessary but that's true of anyone. It could very well be that Diana (the actress) was placed in the series because someone wanted to promote her career.

I'm fairly certain Diana knew she had a (half) brother, Kelly, by Nick but I think it opened her eyes when she got mad that Nick was parading as Renard and threw him across the room, but when Adalind ran over to him to see if he was ok and hug him, she couldn't explain away the love they obviously had for each other. I liked her line when visiting daddy Renard about then I guess we all love each other. Very innocent - for someone who can kill at the drop of a hat.

And I'm not sure Adalind was at a place, psychically to be a half way decent parent at that time. By the time she was pregnant by Nick, she was truly ripe for a good parent role.