Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 01:21 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Goes without saying I disagree. I do see Adalind only coming to Nick to protect her from Juliette, but the feel the baby statement was the first IMO sign she wanted the baby and for it to have a dad.

On the contrary, Adalind did not come to Nick because she wanted him to be *dad*. She'd just been thrown out by the royals and had no where else to go. Being pregnant was a trump card for her, one she used against Nick. Her other trump card was to make an offer of the suppression potion to Nick. And this I find completely outrageous on Adalind's part, offering a potion she knew Juliette would have no part of. On the other hand, Nick would jump at the chance because of his hatred of hexenbiests. Adalind used one stone to wipe out two birds.

(10-06-2016, 01:21 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Now with Diana we never seen this until after the birth. She did use Diana to try and get Renard help from the royals. So in a way your point on child to get something from the father is valid point, she use both children for this.

Now you have a got another point to think about how would Diana feel about this if she were to find out?

If Diana were a normal child, I would be concerned about her mental state.

As a hexenbiest, I think Adalind should fear for her own life and Kelly's life. Adalind was still considering selling Diana after she got her hexenbiest back and created the uber womb child. I don't know if anyone else interpreted the story this way, but I got the impression Diana was well aware of everything going on while she was in-utero.

Have Diana's powers increased to the point where she has been able to sense that Adalind didn't do everything in her power 24/7 to find her? One can only hope not. Just as added thought here. It might have been Diana who cursed the ring.

RE: Diana - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 02:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: If Diana were a normal child, I would be concerned about her mental state.

As a hexenbiest, I think Adalind should fear for her own life and Kelly's life. Adalind was still considering selling Diana after she got her hexenbiest back and created the uber womb child. I don't know if anyone else interpreted the story this way, but I got the impression Diana was well aware of everything going on while she was in-utero.

Have Diana's powers increased to the point where she has been able to sense that Adalind didn't do everything in her power 24/7 to find her? One can only hope not. Just as added thought here. It might have been Diana who cursed the ring.

I am getting this debate in the middle but I liked this way of interpreting the story. I haven't see this way but this really makes sense. When Diana born she was able to recognize Meisner and to trick him with the ghost/fake child magic. We can consider that Diana knows Adelaind first intention was to sell her to recover her powers. How does it affects Diana relation to Adelaind?

I just don't know if the writers will explore it... But Diana always looked to me disconnected from people. She did nothing to save Kelly... The person who raised her as mother (apparently).... For example. Diana was able to connect to nick and warn him about Conrad. She was able to connect to Adelaind and ask her to join Sean... But before that she never connected Adelaind to tell where she was. Couldn't she have done that? I mean... Diana waited for Adelaind to find her but Diana could have find Adelaind. Why didn't she?

RE: Diana - syscrash - 10-06-2016

The way to understand Diana is to realize she has never been a child. She is an entity that was created. That is why she has always understood the concept of self protection. She never intervened because she was not in direct danger. In the safe house we saw the book of fairy tales on her bed. That is what she is using in her attempt to learn what it is to be human. I wonder if they they are going to ignore that Diana has be growing a year a month. Will they make Diana look older to continue the growth pattern. Will they replace Hanna with a teenager.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 10-07-2016

(10-06-2016, 04:44 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 02:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: If Diana were a normal child, I would be concerned about her mental state.

I am getting this debate in the middle but I liked this way of interpreting the story. I haven't see this way but this really makes sense. When Diana born she was able to recognize Meisner and to trick him with the ghost/fake child magic. We can consider that Diana knows Adelaind first intention was to sell her to recover her powers. How does it affects Diana relation to Adelaind?

I just don't know if the writers will explore it... But Diana always looked to me disconnected from people. She did nothing to save Kelly... The person who raised her as mother (apparently).... For example. Diana was able to connect to nick and warn him about Conrad. She was able to connect to Adelaind and ask her to join Sean... But before that she never connected Adelaind to tell where she was. Couldn't she have done that? I mean... Diana waited for Adelaind to find her but Diana could have find Adelaind. Why didn't she?
The point here is could have Diana have found Adalind before coming to Portland. We have seen a range on her telepathic seeing. So good question why didn't see tell Adalind where she was? Now I don't have a good answer YET.

(10-06-2016, 10:56 PM)syscrash Wrote: The way to understand Diana is to realize she has never been a child. She is an entity that was created. That is why she has always understood the concept of self protection. She never intervened because she was not in direct danger. In the safe house we saw the book of fairy tales on her bed. That is what she is using in her attempt to learn what it is to be human. I wonder if they they are going to ignore that Diana has be growing a year a month. Will they make Diana look older to continue the growth pattern. Will they replace Hanna with a teenager.
Also a good point the only time so far we seen Diana help another is first with killing Conrad and telling Nick he in danger. Can we take this as a change in Diana or is she looking out for only Diana and these acts were to help her in someway yet unknown?

RE: Diana - brandon - 10-07-2016

then I would say that children are not born with an instruction manual.that happens with Diana.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 10-07-2016

(10-06-2016, 04:44 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:

Thanks, Adriano. I think Diana knew all along where Adalind was. She just didn't contact her until she was ready to control the situation. In other words, there's some reason why she wants Renard and Adalind together. If Diana lives through the next season, I believe she will be a big factor in keeping Nick and Adalind apart.

RE: Diana - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 08:52 AM)irukandji Wrote: Thanks, Adriano. I think Diana knew all along where Adalind was. She just didn't contact her until she was ready to control the situation. In other words, there's some reason why she wants Renard and Adalind together. If Diana lives through the next season, I believe she will be a big factor in keeping Nick and Adalind apart.

(10-07-2016, 05:28 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Also a good point the only time so far we seen Diana help another is first with killing Conrad and telling Nick he in danger. Can we take this as a change in Diana or is she looking out for only Diana and these acts were to help her in someway yet unknown?

Irukandji, jsgrimm45 is right about the fact that we only saw Diana helping someone twice… And in both situations she helped Nick. It doesn’t make sense yet… if you think about it. She killed Rachel because she wanted Sean and Adelaind together. It would be better for Diana if Nick was dead… (Since Nick somehow is for Adelaind what Rachel was for Sean). I don’t think Diana helped Nick because of Nick’s mommy (she would have helped her against the royals soldiers). I don’t believe she helped Nick because of her little brother either. Why did Diana use Sean to kill Conrad just before would fight Nick and didn’t the same before Conrad killed Meisner?

I wouldn’t be surprised if in the end Diana is the big villain … The one who manipulated everyone, even the Juliette’s transformation…

I was thinking in a crazy theory… Nick’s blood was an important element in Diana’s born and power condition. If Adelaind hasn’t loose her powers she wouldn’t have went trough the recovery hexanbiest ritual. While the ritual was one of the elements that made Diana so powerful, probably the Grimm blood in Adelaind was also an element. What if… is there a connection between Nick and Diana that only Diana knows about? Maybe that would explain why Diana protected Nick twice… self-protection?

(10-07-2016, 10:06 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Irukandji, jsgrimm45 is right about the fact that we only saw Diana helping someone twice… And in both situations she helped Nick. It doesn’t make sense yet… if you think about it. She killed Rachel because she wanted Sean and Adelaind together. It would be better for Diana if Nick was dead… (Since Nick somehow is for Adelaind what Rachel was for Sean). I don’t think Diana helped Nick because of Nick’s mommy (she would have helped her against the royals soldiers). I don’t believe she helped Nick because of her little brother either. Why did Diana use Sean to kill Conrad just before would fight Nick and didn’t the same before Conrad killed Meisner?

I wouldn’t be surprised if in the end Diana is the big villain … The one who manipulated everyone, even the Juliette’s transformation…

I was thinking in a crazy theory… Nick’s blood was an important element in Diana’s born and power condition. If Adelaind hasn’t loose her powers she wouldn’t have went trough the recovery hexanbiest ritual. While the ritual was one of the elements that made Diana so powerful, probably the Grimm blood in Adelaind was also an element. What if… is there a connection between Nick and Diana that only Diana knows about? Maybe that would explain why Diana protected Nick twice… self-protection?

Adriano, I'm not convinced Diana was helping Nick. She didn't like what Conrad did to her mother, and so she had her father murder him. I think it was just coincidence that it happened while Nick and Renard were together. What I think the scene was geared do is to change the dynamics between Nick and Renard.

In other words, Nick will think it was Renard who saved his life. Renard might also be thinking that he saved Nick's life.

RE: Diana - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 11:28 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 10:06 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Irukandji, jsgrimm45 is right about the fact that we only saw Diana helping someone twice… And in both situations she helped Nick. It doesn’t make sense yet… if you think about it. She killed Rachel because she wanted Sean and Adelaind together. It would be better for Diana if Nick was dead… (Since Nick somehow is for Adelaind what Rachel was for Sean). I don’t think Diana helped Nick because of Nick’s mommy (she would have helped her against the royals soldiers). I don’t believe she helped Nick because of her little brother either. Why did Diana use Sean to kill Conrad just before would fight Nick and didn’t the same before Conrad killed Meisner?

Adriano, I'm not convinced Diana was helping Nick. She didn't like what Conrad did to her mother, and so she had her father murder him. I think it was just coincidence that it happened while Nick and Renard were together. What I think the scene was geared do is to change the dynamics between Nick and Renard.

In other words, Nick will think it was Renard who saved his life. Renard might also be thinking that he saved Nick's life.

Actually my first though was the same as yours: Diana killing helping Nick while Killing Conrad was just coincidence. But you know me: I like to try different point of views for the same event.

I am pretty sure Diana was killing Conrad because she was same how looking for revenge about what he did to Adelaind. But again… I won’t be surprised to find out in next season that she chose the hit two (actually three) targets with only one shoot. I mean… She killed Conrad (target one), she ‘helped’ Nick (target two), and she ended up putting more complexity in the Sean and Nick war (target three).

(10-07-2016, 01:41 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 11:28 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Actually my first though was the same as yours: Diana killing helping Nick while Killing Conrad was just coincidence. But you know me: I like to try different point of views for the same event.

I am pretty sure Diana was killing Conrad because she was same how looking for revenge about what he did to Adelaind. But again… I won’t be surprised to find out in next season that she chose the hit two (actually three) targets with only one shoot. I mean… She killed Conrad (target one), she ‘helped’ Nick (target two), and she ended up putting more complexity in the Sean and Nick war (target three).

It's an interesting thought, Adriano. But (as usual for me), Grimm has never established any special connection between Nick and Diana. In my opinion, Diana is completely ambivalent to Nick. There is no reason for her to help him. There is, however, a primary reason for her to help her father.

So here's a question. Let's say for the sake of argument, Diana did not intervene and Conrad survived. Would he punish Renard for what happened that night?