Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 10-05-2016

(10-05-2016, 09:37 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 08:59 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 08:44 AM)izzy Wrote: Am I the only one who hopes Diana is run over by an ice cream truck while chasing her puppy dog?

I would prefer that both Diana and Kelly just disappear for the final 13 episodes. Both of these children lend no real support to the storyline. They're just unnecessary embellishments. If at the end, Adalind is seen taking them to another life somewhere else with no interference from Nick forever, that would satisfy me greatly.

Are you hoping that all the grimms die out as the end of the show?

I am curious. Why the question?

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 10-05-2016

(10-05-2016, 12:26 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 08:44 AM)izzy Wrote: Am I the only one who hopes Diana is run over by an ice cream truck while chasing her puppy dog?

I would prefer that both Diana and Kelly just disappear for the final 13 episodes. Both of these children lend no real support to the storyline. They're just unnecessary embellishments. If at the end, Adalind is seen taking them to another life somewhere else with no interference from Nick forever, that would satisfy me greatly.

We only know of three grimms who are alive (Trubel mentions one she met with) on the earth so it may be very easy for them to die out particularly if Nick completely lost contact with Kelly or had no more children the chances are high they would die out.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 10-05-2016

(10-05-2016, 12:37 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 12:26 PM)irukandji Wrote:

We only know of three grimms who are alive (Trubel mentions one she met with) on the earth so it may be very easy for them to die out particularly if Nick completely lost contact with Kelly or had no more children the chances are high they would die out.

This is a very interesting statement! It really gave me pause to think. Right now, there's no guarantee Kelly is going to be a Grimm. But, if by chance he takes on Nick's Grimm characteristics, would he inherit all of the Grimm characteristics Nick has? Would he be a zauerbiest? Or would he be nothing at all?

Next, Nick. It's apparent to me that he is really unconcerned with the next generation of Grimms, if there are any. Nick continues to participate in a not only hazardous, but deadly profession. As policeman, he naturally puts his life on the line as part of his job. As a Grimm he willingly does it for really no reason. Just as a guess, I would say his chances of death are way over 75% and increase substantially the older he gets.

Trubel doesn't appear to be concerned with the next generation of Grimms either, being involved in the deadly warfare between HW and BC. Now that that is over, I don't see her giving up the Grimm lifestyle. I think she likes the rush.

I'm not totally convinced that Nick and Trubel are the only Grimms left. I think there are more out there who have just been clever enough to keep themselves hidden.

RE: Diana - izzy - 10-05-2016

(10-05-2016, 01:14 PM)irukandji Wrote: This is a very interesting statement! It really gave me pause to think. Right now, there's no guarantee Kelly is going to be a Grimm. But, if by chance he takes on Nick's Grimm characteristics, would he inherit all of the Grimm characteristics Nick has? Would he be a zauerbiest? Or would he be nothing at all?

Next, Nick. It's apparent to me that he is really unconcerned with the next generation of Grimms, if there are any. Nick continues to participate in a not only hazardous, but deadly profession. As policeman, he naturally puts his life on the line as part of his job. As a Grimm he willingly does it for really no reason. Just as a guess, I would say his chances of death are way over 75% and increase substantially the older he gets.

Trubel doesn't appear to be concerned with the next generation of Grimms either, being involved in the deadly warfare between HW and BC. Now that that is over, I don't see her giving up the Grimm lifestyle. I think she likes the rush.

I'm not totally convinced that Nick and Trubel are the only Grimms left. I think there are more out there who have just been clever enough to keep themselves hidden.

In terms of the fantasy that is Grimm I fail to see where Grimms are a value add in a modern world. The logical, adult way the series should conclude is with Rosalee and Monroe acting as Consiglieres to a new wesen council. In the past we have seen that the wesen council brought about compliance via fear to most wesen, so they certainly had a way to enforce their laws. It seems to me the wesen council was mostly effective in their role. Under a new council they could have a more inclusive approach and even broach allowing a Grimm a set at the table, as enforcers, although as mentioned they really are not needed. Reworking the council in a more tribunal form of government with an internal judicial system would be the mature way to end the series. Grimms are archaic. As I mentioned the council obviously could enforce their will when needed. given that, Grimms are superfluous; just make the enforcers working in harmony with the council. In effect, Nick could go back to being cop, only for the new wesen council.

RE: Diana - izzy - 10-05-2016

(10-05-2016, 01:14 PM)irukandji Wrote: Trubel doesn't appear to be concerned with the next generation of Grimms either, being involved in the deadly warfare between HW and BC. Now that that is over, I don't see her giving up the Grimm lifestyle. I think she likes the rush.

Hmmm...so how does this work with women? I can remember the precise moment I decided I wanted a family. The next day I went about altering lifestyle dramatically. I disengaged from boxing, full contact karate, stopped my itinerant-vagabond ways I got serious about my earning potential, Oh and by the way, there was no particular female involved, I was doing the male woman of the week thing at that time. It was like flipping a light switch. I have seen this happen with several guys, just less dramatically. How does that work with women? Could Truble be all Grimm on Monday and suddenly wanting to be mother on Tuesday? Kind of curious hwo that works with the fairer sex.

It seems to me with all the babies around Truble might see a different life for herself.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 10-06-2016

(10-05-2016, 05:09 PM)izzy Wrote: Hmmm...so how does this work with women? I can remember the precise moment I decided I wanted a family. The next day I went about altering lifestyle dramatically. I disengaged from boxing, full contact karate, stopped my itinerant-vagabond ways I got serious about my earning potential, Oh and by the way, there was no particular female involved, I was doing the male woman of the week thing at that time. It was like flipping a light switch. I have seen this happen with several guys, just less dramatically. How does that work with women? Could Truble be all Grimm on Monday and suddenly wanting to be mother on Tuesday? Kind of curious hwo that works with the fairer sex.

It seems to me with all the babies around Truble might see a different life for herself.

It works all different ways with women, izzy. I know when we first got married, my husband didn't want children right away. He never really came out and voiced it, I could just tell. To be honest, I really didn't either because I wanted to see if the marriage would take hold. A few years later people I worked with were starting families. I talked to my husband about having kids and we decided to start a family as well. But in all honesty, I never had a sudden epiphany to have children like a lot women do. I am rather glad I didn't because I don't take a lot of stock in epiphanies. I've relied on a few, only to have them backfire on me.

Not to bash my own kind, but women are sneaky and will use underhanded methods to get what they want or just simply get even. I am lucky. I have had and continue to enjoy a great marriage, but there are women out there who don't have a good marriage or aren't even married and are watching the relationship go south. So what do they do? Not the sensible thing like think things through. Instead they pull the old sneaky on their man. In other words, "Guess what? I'm pregnant!"

I watched my daughter do it and I could tell by looking at the kid she supposedly loved, there was no way this relationship was ever going to work. 17 years later he is barely in his daughter's life and my daughter is married to someone else. Thank goodness! I'm watching the same thing now with my niece, who has two kids out of wedlock. She's still with the same guy, but their relationship continues to go north and south and I wonder how long it will be until he is out of the picture, except for the child support he'll have to pay. I'm not even mentioning the people outside my family who do the same thing and countless women who appear on shows like Judge Judy. They have 2, 3, and even 4 kids by different men.

I don't get women who think a baby is going to just suddenly solve the problem.

And with that, on to Juliette because I believe she was thinking the same thing. When she confided to Nick that she thought she might have been pregnant, I found his reaction interesting. In my opinion, he reacted with surprise, which tells me she was trying for a pregnancy without telling him in the hopes of solving some kind of problem or problems between them.

Oddly enough, I think Trubel is far more sensible than Juliette. She's got her priorities in motion and it appears to me the most important thing to her is being a Grimm. She's not going to let a pregnancy screw that up for her. She might also be thinking that motherhood is not for her in view of her troubled past.

Last and certainly my least favorite person, Nick. I know you think he's taken well to fatherhood, izzy. I don't. Even the cute scene between him and Kelly fell flat in my opinion because it was apparent that Nick was completely thinking of himself. Otherwise, he wouldn't have looked at his baby and asked him if he could say or spell Grimm. (I can't recall which one he said). Either one, it just made Nick look more like a selfish doofus than ever.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 07:20 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 05:09 PM)izzy Wrote: Hmmm...so how does this work with women? I can remember the precise moment I decided I wanted a family. The next day I went about altering lifestyle dramatically. I disengaged from boxing, full contact karate, stopped my itinerant-vagabond ways I got serious about my earning potential, Oh and by the way, there was no particular female involved, I was doing the male woman of the week thing at that time. It was like flipping a light switch. I have seen this happen with several guys, just less dramatically. How does that work with women? Could Truble be all Grimm on Monday and suddenly wanting to be mother on Tuesday? Kind of curious hwo that works with the fairer sex.

It works all different ways with women, izzy. I know when we first got married, my husband didn't want children right away. He never really came out and voiced it, I could just tell. To be honest, I really didn't either because I wanted to see if the marriage would take hold. A few years later people I worked with were starting families. I talked to my husband about having kids and we decided to start a family as well. But in all honesty, I never had a sudden epiphany to have children like a lot women do. I am rather glad I didn't because I don't take a lot of stock in epiphanies. I've relied on a few, only to have them backfire on me.

Not to bash my own kind, but women are sneaky and will use underhanded methods to get what they want or just simply get even. I am lucky. I have had and continue to enjoy a great marriage, but there are women out there who don't have a good marriage or aren't even married and are watching the relationship go south. So what do they do? Not the sensible thing like think things through. Instead they pull the old sneaky on their man. In other words, "Guess what? I'm pregnant!"

I watched my daughter do it and I could tell by looking at the kid she supposedly loved, there was no way this relationship was ever going to work. 17 years later he is barely in his daughter's life and my daughter is married to someone else. Thank goodness! I'm watching the same thing now with my niece, who has two kids out of wedlock. She's still with the same guy, but their relationship continues to go north and south and I wonder how long it will be until he is out of the picture, except for the child support he'll have to pay. I'm not even mentioning the people outside my family who do the same thing and countless women who appear on shows like Judge Judy. They have 2, 3, and even 4 kids by different men.

I don't get women who think a baby is going to just suddenly solve the problem.

And with that, on to Juliette because I believe she was thinking the same thing. When she confided to Nick that she thought she might have been pregnant, I found his reaction interesting. In my opinion, he reacted with surprise, which tells me she was trying for a pregnancy without telling him in the hopes of solving some kind of problem or problems between them.

Oddly enough, I think Trubel is far more sensible than Juliette. She's got her priorities in motion and it appears to me the most important thing to her is being a Grimm. She's not going to let a pregnancy screw that up for her. She might also be thinking that motherhood is not for her in view of her troubled past.

Last and certainly my least favorite person, Nick. I know you think he's taken well to fatherhood, izzy. I don't. Even the cute scene between him and Kelly fell flat in my opinion because it was apparent that Nick was completely thinking of himself. Otherwise, he wouldn't have looked at his baby and asked him if he could say or spell Grimm. (I can't recall which one he said). Either one, it just made Nick look more like a selfish doofus than ever.
I know what you mean wife number 2 did that to me. Now to Juliette I know she took a PG test and I know Rosalee asked her if she was, (could be wrong) but don't think she ever said anything to Nick.

Now we know that Adalind become PG when she was Juliette, now for a new question on Kelly (son) and Diana. We know that somehow Eve and Adalind are linked could this link also be between Diana and Kelly? Could this be the changing between Adalind and Sean because Kelly knows Nick and Diana picks up those vibs?

RE: Diana - irukandji - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 08:32 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Now to Juliette I know she took a PG test and I know Rosalee asked her if she was, (could be wrong) but don't think she ever said anything to Nick.

I thought Juliette said something to Nick. If she didn't, that just solidifies my point about women who believe having a baby will solve their relationship problems.

In her own way, Adalind pulled the same stunt with Nick but for a different reason. She told Nick at almost the very last minute she was having his child. Then, in one of the creepiest things I have ever witnessed in a television show, she forced him to *feel* his child.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 08:41 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 08:32 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Now to Juliette I know she took a PG test and I know Rosalee asked her if she was, (could be wrong) but don't think she ever said anything to Nick.

I thought Juliette said something to Nick. If she didn't, that just solidifies my point about women who believe having a baby will solve their relationship problems.

In her own way, Adalind pulled the same stunt with Nick but for a different reason. She told Nick at almost the very last minute she was having his child. Then, in one of the creepiest things I have ever witnessed in a television show, she forced him to *feel* his child.
Goes without saying I disagree. I do see Adalind only coming to Nick to protect her from Juliette, but the feel the baby statement was the first IMO sign she wanted the baby and for it to have a dad. Now with Diana we never seen this until after the birth. She did use Diana to try and get Renard help from the royals. So in a way your point on child to get something from the father is valid point, she use both children for this.

Now you have a got another point to think about how would Diana feel about this if she were to find out?

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 01:21 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 08:41 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Goes without saying I disagree. I do see Adalind only coming to Nick to protect her from Juliette, but the feel the baby statement was the first IMO sign she wanted the baby and for it to have a dad. Now with Diana we never seen this until after the birth. She did use Diana to try and get Renard help from the royals. So in a way your point on child to get something from the father is valid point, she use both children for this.

Now you have a got another point to think about how would Diana feel about this if she were to find out?
Diana knows Kelly's dad is Nick so what are you worrying about Diana finding out about?

Juliette told Nick about her PG testing when she told him about how she became a hexenbiest and at first believed she was PG.