Grimm Forum
'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If (spoiler) dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 4 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: 'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If (spoiler) dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 (/Thread-Grimm-Season-4-finale-If-spoiler-dead-it-ll-be-revealed-in-Season-5)

'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If (spoiler) dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 - SpoiltOne - 05-15-2015

Link:
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/grimm_season_4_finale_juliette_dead_season_5-2015-05

Quote:'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If Juliette's dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5

By Terri Schwartz
May 15th, 2015

The big question coming out of "Grimm's" Season 4 finale is heavy for a lot of the series' fans: Is Nick's longtime love Juliette -- played by Bitsie Tulloch -- actually dead on the show? Sadly, everyone's going to need to wait until the series returns in Season 5 to find an answer.

Zap2it went to the source, showrunners David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf, but they aren't ready to tell viewers. When asked if Tulloch would be returning the show, Kouf responds vaguely, "It's a good question. The answer is ... possibly not."

The intention is to keep fans guessing through "Grimm's" Season 5 return in the fall. To the showrunners, they felt like Juliette getting shot and grievously injured -- fatally or otherwise -- was the "next logical beat" in the story of her becoming a Hexenbiest. "She became such a threat," Greenwalt says.

Having that question in viewers' minds also teaches "Grimm's" audience that no one is safe on the show, regardless of how integral they seem to the story or how long they've been around. Heck, even Nick could be killed off since there's another Grimm in a central role.

"I think it keeps everyone on edge. You don't know what's going to happen," Kouf says of the Juliette twist. Greenwalt adds, "Anything could happen. It seems like a few shows, episode whatever, they get married or they finally get together. We decided to go a different way."

"Rosalee and Monroe got married. How many marriages can you really have?" Kouf quips.

The showrunners want fans to look past the question of whether Juliette is dead or not and instead focus on the repercussions losing both his fiancee and his mother has on Nick.

"The real discussion is something major happening to a major character. That's what's important in the move. It seems inevitable. It seems like it had to happen," Greenwalt says. "Nick has to deal with an awful lot of stuff now, including it sure looks like Adalind is going to have his baby. ... He's got a child he's responsible for, so that's the conflict."

"Grimm" will return to its original Friday 9 p.m. PT/ET time period in Season 5, and viewers can expect the series to get "a little darker" when it returns. Kouf says the new season will be "a little more of not the same" and will take the current state of the show and "turn it on its head a little bit."

"If everything is expected, I think you lose your audience a little bit because they see what's coming," Kouf says.

Besides, the cliffhanger ending already hinted at a Season 5 plot line. Beyond Nick cradling the dying Juliette in his arms, Agent Chavez showed up with a squad of cars.

She says, "Get her," and considering she talked to Trubel earlier in the episode, she's likely talking about Juliette. According to the showrunners, that's "tees up what's going to come."

RE: 'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If (spoiler) dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 - Hexenadler - 05-15-2015

There's definitely something afoot. Trubel shoots Juliette, and then Chavez and her men show up immediately afterwards? Does this strike anyone as a little suspicious?

I'm hoping Chavez's appearance in the cliffhanger is a sign that her character (in addition to the Steinadlers) will be more heavily featured in season 5.

RE: 'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If (spoiler) dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 - J73 - 05-16-2015

(05-15-2015, 07:44 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: There's definitely something afoot. Trubel shoots Juliette, and then Chavez and her men show up immediately afterwards? Does this strike anyone as a little suspicious?

I'm hoping Chavez's appearance in the cliffhanger is a sign that her character (in addition to the Steinadlers) will be more heavily featured in season 5.

Correct! When Trubel is in Bud's truck and answers the phone, you hear a womens voice, not Nicks as Bud thought it was, and considering who knows what was in the arrows that Trubel fired, it seems that we have not heard the last of juliette.

RE: 'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If (spoiler) dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 - sasquatch - 05-16-2015

I just think that Chavez was after Trubel and not Juliette. Trubel was avoiding her calls for a reason. She obviously went to Portland without Chavez's permission and Chavez is there to get Trubel back.

RE: 'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If (spoiler) dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 - Lwonders - 05-17-2015

I think that the writers try to make Nick come across as a bad ass but it only makes him confusing. I get he loves Juliette ( the old Juliette) but hexenbiest Juliette was crazy. She burned down his legacy ( the trailer) tried to kill his future ( Adeline's baby ..if its really Nicks. Could be the captains, because Adeline WAS freaky that week), set his mom up to get her head chopped off AND then was going to kill HIM! And Nicks response....I'm not going to fight anymore. WTH?? At that point I was like can we just kill Nick and let Trubel be the Grimm?

Thank goodness Trubel killed Juliette because Nick would have been a goner. Its getting irritating that somebody always has to save Nick's butt cause he's emotional and cant function.

I hope the writers come strong in the Season 5 opener or this will become one of those shows I used to watch.

RE: 'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If (spoiler) dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 - Tokens210 - 05-17-2015

The way i see it Nick still loves her cause he realizes its not her doing the stuff, technically it is but still lol

The way i see it its like the saying Absolute power corrupts absolutely, everyone has that side of them that they hide from the rest of the world, Juliette the Hexenbeast isnt hiding anything anymore, shes running purely on emotions and now she has the power to do whatever she wanted, she even said sorry about the trailer and she did it cause she was mad that adalind has a little Grimm in her

the things that got me mad were
A. Noone seems to realize the entire reason shes so mad is cause nick slept with adalind when she looked like Juliette even tho everyone knows it wasen't his fault including Juliette who go to see it first hand when she became Adalind to undo it

B. Nick's got way more power then he realizes but never lets himself use it, follow his gut, like his aunt said unless he accidentally does it by instinct like when hes chasing someone, if i were to take a guess at it nick, atleast when hes dealing with wesen, most likely has increased strength and speed, as well as his increased hearing, and almost like a spidey sense, yet he only uses hearing by accident it seems and he seems to never use the strength and speed unless his life is about to be taken or the episode with the baron when he got the posion in his face and turned into the Grimm Hulk lol

C. I might be alone, but i think if Nick would have accepted Juliette in her hexenbeast form instead of looking away, looking scared or looking sick everytime that most of this wouldn't have happened, alot of the things in the show are based on fairy tales, like the Muse episode when the only thing that can snap Nick out of killing for the woman was his true love for juliette, i feel if he would have caught Juliette with a i love you type make-out session while she was in hexenbeast form it woulda messed with her, cause you see whenever it shows her in the house or around him her love for him starts coming thru then she squashes it with her rage and power

RE: 'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If (spoiler) dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 - jsgrimm45 - 05-17-2015

(05-16-2015, 07:10 PM)sasquatch Wrote: I just think that Chavez was after Trubel and not Juliette. Trubel was avoiding her calls for a reason. She obviously went to Portland without Chavez's permission and Chavez is there to get Trubel back.

Very interesting I should have thought about the phone call (Nick knew when and with whom) so why call. Trubel maybe working for Chaverz but looking for a way out by getting her to come to Portland not knowing Nick a Grimm might be a plan by Trubel. Trubel has working for Chaverz to keep Josh safe.

RE: 'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If (spoiler) dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 - Tokens210 - 05-17-2015

Trubel says on the phone call, "No, dont do anything, ill call you when im back at the house and Monroe and Rosalee are safe"

so Trubel was deff. connected to whoever was on the phone, I personally originally thought the phone call was nicks mother Kelly, being as shes proven to know all types of stuff even when shes not around, but it makes more sense that it would be Agent Chavez since she shows up seemingly outta left field

RE: 'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If (spoiler) dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 - crossbar - 05-18-2015

Yep! I believe that Juliette is gone. When Chavez shows up at the end, it was probably to retrieve Trubel. Chances are Trubel has been working with Chavez and when she got Monroe's call, Trubel took off without consulting with Chavez. So, with Chavez's major asset disappearing, she went to go get her back.

I think we're going to have a funeral in season 5. But, Bitsie will make an appearance here and there in Flashbacks and dream sequences. But, I think that Juliette is gone.