Grimm Forum
S4E21 - Headache - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E21 - Headache (/Thread-S4E21-Headache)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: S4E21 - Headache - wfmyers1207 - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 01:23 PM)Grimm Up North Wrote: On a more serious note, what has happened to this show? Where is the thoughtful and beautiful set design and location shots we got in the first couple of seasons? Where's the snappy, clever dialogue? The characters just seem to deliver exposition all the time, like they are filming a Star Wars prequel. I really miss moments like Nick and Monroe's dinner scene - stuff where they grew naturally as characters instead of just having the latest crisis happen to them.
I know that this is just an opinion, but I really feel I'm falling out of love with Grim, and as fan from the first episode that makes me really sad.

I agree with you on this. It seems to me that the locations chosen in the first 2 seasons were much more atmospheric and better enhanced the story line. Also, the dialogue was much better and the stories were written in more depth.

One thing I have really noticed this season is the shows tendency to try and pack too much story in a single episode. You have two or even three plot lines running and then they try to resolve them all in the last five minutes! This episode was a perfect example of that kind of writing.

In the first two seasons they mostly confined themselves to the WOW scenario. This allowed the writers to explore the characters in much more depth.

I suppose the show runners decided that this would get stale and they would lose their viewers. They should perhaps remember two old acronyms that engineers have used for years:

KISS! (Keep It Simple Stupid!), and;Tongue
IIABDFWI! (If It Ain't Broke, Don't F$%^ With It!) Big Grin

RE: S4E21 - Headache - syscrash - 05-12-2015

I agree. Take the new Juliette character. The build up, the defining of the charter was exciting. Now they have built her they don't know what to do with her. Amazing the writers get stuck they use their fall back, give her more power. Thinking the viewers like power. The reveal of power is a one shot event. Using the power is on going. So far they have not been did a good job at showing how Juliette uses her power. The biest fight was one time she used her powers. But that was more a reveal then a use of power.

Take henrietta and her note trick. The first time with Juliette great reveal. But then the writers were able to use it as a tool they way it should be. The spice is the first time Juliette used her powers instead of it being a reveal. Problem is it came of as a reveal because if they had known Juliette had those powers they would have never pulled their guns.

RE: S4E21 - Headache - Mauvais Don - 05-13-2015

(05-12-2015, 11:58 AM)Grimm Up North Wrote: On a more serious note, what has happened to this show? Where is the thoughtful and beautiful set design and location shots we got in the first couple of seasons? Where's the snappy, clever dialogue? The characters just seem to deliver exposition all the time, like they are filming a Star Wars prequel. I really miss moments like Nick and Monroe's dinner scene - stuff where they grew naturally as characters instead of just having the latest crisis happen to them.
I know that this is just an opinion, but I really feel I'm falling out of love with Grimm, and as fan from the first episode that makes me really sad.

What you just said. I am so not delighted with where they have taken things...and the way they have done it. I don't appreciate the whole Royals subplot all that much anyway - I preferred the Pacific Northwest monsters, really. But I put up with it; I am less inclined to put up with much at all now. They have really pared down my favorite characters, increased and morphed my least favorite one, and killed the trailer.

Ugh.

RE: S4E21 - Headache - Kathryn Wooten - 05-29-2015

I would have liked Renard to had something more than a possession storyline . He did get 1/2 of his mothers life force you would have thought He would gain some of her powers or , became more sexinbiest ( I think a missed opportunity) don't get me wrong anytime you can see the chiseled body of Renard is a god sent...I just wish there was something more to his mother's passing on her life force.