Grimm Forum
What if Nick had actually kissed Juliette? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 4 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: What if Nick had actually kissed Juliette? (/Thread-What-if-Nick-had-actually-kissed-Juliette)

What if Nick had actually kissed Juliette? - Hexenadler - 04-27-2015

Here's something fun to speculate: What if Nick had kissed Juliette when she first dared him to kiss her fully woged? Would Juliette's subsequent meltdown have been completely averted? Or would she have stabbed her friends in the back anyway?

RE: What if Nick had actually kissed Juliette? - syscrash - 04-27-2015

if Nick had of just embarrassed Juliette being a hexenbiest. If he had pointed out the advantages. This would have went much different. It Nick had of simply responded the way Juilette did when Nick was a zombie, or posed by the musai. Juliette would have not gotten angry. I have all ways said if after the monatcore kill they did high fives. This would have been a different story.

RE: What if Nick had actually kissed Juliette? - droid327 - 04-28-2015

Wouldn't have mattered. She's not upset about Nick not accepting her, because obviously he does. She would have just kept giving him ever more ridiculous tests until he "proved she was right", I think. The problem is *she* was having problems with what happened to her, and everything else is a projection of that.

If you want to put it in the classic stages-of-grief progression, she was going from bargaining (I can change back, I just need help from Nick/Henrietta/Sean/Rosalie/etc.) to depression, or in her case more like manic-depression.

RE: What if Nick had actually kissed Juliette? - Sable677 - 04-28-2015

I'm not sure it would have made a difference. Its more about Juliette's problem that she is now a hexenbeist not about Nick. Nick has been trying to work things out, but Juliette pushes him away. Rosalee reaches out, and Juliette deliberately pushes her away too. Juliette deliberately showed Nick and her friends her new face in such a shocking manner that they couldn't help but be caught off guard. Juliette has a mindset that her previous life is over so she needs to be a "new" Juliette so she tries to destroy her old life even going so far as not showing up to work like Nick mentioned. I think Adalind being pregnant with Nick's baby was the final straw because it hurt her conception of Nick not being with a hexenbeist. She convinced herself that they couldn't have a life and a family but Adalind "proved" her wrong. This reaction isn't just about Nick but about how Juliette can't see this new her having the life she wanted.

RE: What if Nick had actually kissed Juliette? - Hexenadler - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 01:06 AM)droid327 Wrote: Wouldn't have mattered. She's not upset about Nick not accepting her, because obviously he does. She would have just kept giving him ever more ridiculous tests until he "proved she was right", I think. The problem is *she* was having problems with what happened to her, and everything else is a projection of that.

If you want to put it in the classic stages-of-grief progression, she was going from bargaining (I can change back, I just need help from Nick/Henrietta/Sean/Rosalie/etc.) to depression, or in her case more like manic-depression.

You might actually be on to something there. I think it all boils down to Juliette simply being a weak person, and I mean "weak" in terms of mental fortitude. I'm convinced that if someone like Rosalee had suddenly become a Hexenbiest, she would make a more conscious effort to override her Hex-impulses (or at least the more destructive ones).

In stark contrast, it just takes a little prodding by Kenneth to make Juliette go completely apeshit, and that's why I feel she fails as a "tragic" character. The best tragedies are supposed to evoke the emotion of pathos, or pity, in the audience. Juliette should remain sympathetic even as she careens out of control. But all the writers seem to want us to do is to root for Nick to decapitate her.