Grimm Forum
S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E16 - Heartbreaker (/Thread-S4E16-Heartbreaker)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - syscrash - 04-05-2015

There area few things that have to happen before we she Juliette settle into her new character. The show still has to explore the rest of Juliettes powers. Henrietta has the front door and message trick. Elizabeath has the stop time trick. I see Juliette also having a special ability.

Juliette stills have to go through the feeling abandoned by all of her friends. Juliette then has to get totally out of control.
She will then see that she still needs her friends and they will be there for her. Juliette will still feel she is not accepted.

By the end of the season they will all need to pull together, which brings Juliette back into the group.

For Nick and Juliette to get back together Nick will have to change and also accept Juliette's changes. They will work together but not be together. Season five will have the sexual tension between them. But there will be so many differences, Juliette will be more like a co worker.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - speakeasy - 04-06-2015

(04-05-2015, 11:32 PM)syscrash Wrote: Juliette stills have to go through the feeling abandoned by all of her friends. Juliette then has to get totally out of control.
She will then see that she still needs her friends and they will be there for her. Juliette will still feel she is not accepted.

By the end of the season they will all need to pull together, which brings Juliette back into the group.

Talk about a life passage, Juliette certainly is going through one now. What you describe is that this condition will have to run its course and she will have to hit rock-bottom before it can be assimilated into the whole entity that will be the new Juliette, and you seem in agreement with Hexenadler in this, imo. Given this context, there is hope for the future for N and J, even if it means they will both be different people for the experience. Since we all become different people as time passes, it's probably a reasonable outcome to look for. Of course, the other side of the coin is that too often the people we become in the aftermath of the effects time and events, results in a need to go separate ways. Imo, the best hope they have to overcome this jolting change is that they're young enough to find the resilience to adapt to their new reality. Like to think they can do it.

Because Juliette is going to have to choose sides in the battle that's coming - and all hexenbiest-things being equal, I want her on our side. Big Grin

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - droid327 - 04-06-2015

Man, they just keep finding new ways to make me hate what they do with Juliette. She's got to be the worst-written main character in network TV history. She's all mean and evil now just because she's Hexened up? I hated the whole "Wesen magic removes your free will" angle when they did it with her the first time, I don't like it any better as a rehash. Its not even like a "tragic love story" with her and Nick, its just a series of 'I want to hit you in the face with a frying pan right now and hope it knocks some sense back into you, Fred Flintstone-style' moments.

Bit of fridge logic...where are the male frogs? Other Wesen, especially "rare" ones, seem to keep fairly tight communities - cf. the turtles. You'd think if finding mates was such a problem for them, they'd have some kind of Fiddler on the Roof-style matchmaker, pairing up compatible young pollywogs so the species could continue, and so they could have love without killing people.

Prince Kenneth is not that compelling, to me, so far. He's brutish, but not in an effective way - he seems like he's just likely to shoot someone he might need later, or something. He's not calculating enough to be a brutal genius type, nor unpredictable enough to be a brutal wildcard type, so his only real defining characteristic is his violence. He's Beast Rabban, not Feyd-Rautha. He's Alex DeLarge. The fact that everyone else had to announce what a badass he was, to me, just shows that he's not a badass. But yeah I bet he is a Grimm.

Also, way predictable moments: Kenneth shoots the double agent. Viktor is sterile.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Hexenadler - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 11:34 AM)droid327 Wrote: Man, they just keep finding new ways to make me hate what they do with Juliette. She's got to be the worst-written main character in network TV history. She's all mean and evil now just because she's Hexened up? I hated the whole "Wesen magic removes your free will" angle when they did it with her the first time, I don't like it any better as a rehash. Its not even like a "tragic love story" with her and Nick, its just a series of 'I want to hit you in the face with a frying pan right now and hope it knocks some sense back into you, Fred Flintstone-style' moments.

I prefer to wait until the season is finished before passing final judgement, but I agree the Nick/Juliette plot wasn't at its best in this episode. I do think there's potential in the concept of Juliette's original human persona butting heads with her new, more self-centered Hexeny self, but that remains in the hands of the writers.

Quote:Prince Kenneth is not that compelling, to me, so far. He's brutish, but not in an effective way - he seems like he's just likely to shoot someone he might need later, or something. He's not calculating enough to be a brutal genius type, nor unpredictable enough to be a brutal wildcard type, so his only real defining characteristic is his violence. He's Beast Rabban, not Feyd-Rautha. He's Alex DeLarge. The fact that everyone else had to announce what a badass he was, to me, just shows that he's not a badass. But yeah I bet he is a Grimm.

Totally with ya on that one. They're trying to sell Kenneth as a legitimate badass, but it ain't working. It might be unfair to criticize the character this much, as we've only seen one episode featuring him so far (there was a time when almost everyone besides Monroe annoyed me), but if things don't improve, he's a video game boss for Nick at most. One that I hope he THOROUGHLY destroys.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Samsarilian - 04-06-2015

Turn around... He is not really in charge, the king is. The king is there and using Kenneth's lack of self control to keep all eyes off of the king and what he is doing. Droid is right about Kenneth not being intelligent about what he is doing. I would think if the King were intelligent then he knows this and is using it. Not sure about the Grimm that runs in bloodlines but it would not surprise me to much. It also would not surprise me to find out he is something else. I would think Manticore, or Mauves Dentes would be a good guess. He would then be acting on instinct.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Hexenadler - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 01:57 PM)Samsarilian Wrote: It also would not surprise me to find out he is something else. I would think Manticore, or Mauves Dentes would be a good guess. He would then be acting on instinct.

Having Kenneth as a more sadistic type of Grimm sounds more interesting, IMO. It would give the character a better edge.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Fuchsbauer - 04-10-2015

I have to say, this was the first episode of Grimm where I didn't really care for the Wesen of the Week. I thought it was cool, but it just felt dull compared to all the other stuff happening with Juliette and Kenneth, which I found faaar more interesting.

On the subject of Kenneth. The writers have said countless times that the Royals are just regular humans with a lot of money. Kenneth is not a normal Royal though, because he actually knows his hand to hand combat. However, once Renard woged Kenneth stood little to no chance, had it not been for the phantom bleeding. I doubt he is a Grimm, but I will be very surprised if he is.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - syscrash - 04-10-2015

I see the reason why Kenneth was able to take being thrown by Sean and it have no effect, to remain ambiguous. It is better for the viewers to draw their own conclusions, rather than provide and explanation that would only add more questions. The show does that a lot. Take Trubel she took on two hundjagers while NIck and Hank had trouble with one. Take Kelly, for years she stayed dead all of a sudden she surfaces with no explanation.